Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes

Public Mobile Referral Promotion - Starting November 25, 2019

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Public Mobile
The existing customer who does the referring will receive $20, and the new referred customer will receive a $10 account credit

In-store and online with activation on any plan when a referral code is used.

Account credits will be applied within 72 hours.

This is advertised in customer accounts. "Sharing is caring!
From Nov 25 for a limited time refer your friend to Public Mobile and you will receive a one-time $20 account credit!"

Official information available at the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/455957

As of now, there is no set expiry date, but this is stated to be available for a "limited time".

Reminder: to keep this thread open, do not offer or request referrals.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 25th, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: added reminder
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
88 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes
MikeNet wrote: Awesome, now I can refer myself :)

Also, for those that can't get free SIM cards (Walmart, etc) you can get them at Amazon for cheaper than PM direct. Also may come faster too especially if you have Prime, etc.
https://www.amazon.ca/Public-prepaid-po ... 2KTQYKEXHR
As of now, the only thing guaranteed is that the existing customer will get an extra bonus, based on the self serve account advertising (new referred customer gets the regular amount). Further details to come.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Nov 25th, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 25, 2012
949 posts
312 upvotes
Do we still get the monthly $1 off for referring people to public mobile? I know last time I referred.... It gave me a monthly dollar off my bill.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes
demzie wrote: Do we still get the monthly $1 off for referring people to public mobile? I know last time I referred.... It gave me a monthly dollar off my bill.
Obviously, details are still rolling in, but right under the blurb about the existing customer who refers someone getting $20, it also says the regular offer of "Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit!". With past referral promotions, Public Mobile has always still given the existing customer the $1/30 day reward even when there was an account credit bonus.
May 8, 2001
620 posts
439 upvotes
demzie wrote: Do we still get the monthly $1 off for referring people to public mobile? I know last time I referred.... It gave me a monthly dollar off my bill.
Bonuses usually don't affect their regular offerings so you will still get your monthly rewards.
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1616 posts
1051 upvotes
Interesting, they reversed it this time around, usually it’s the person getting referred that gets $20 instead of $10.

I heard that there’s a one time bonus 2GB data promo code floating around somewhere too... Would be great if they both stacked..
Sep 13, 2011
86 posts
147 upvotes
THORNHILL
Thanks OP great time to get some referrals in for the holidays.
May 8, 2001
620 posts
439 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Interesting, they reversed it this time around, usually it’s the person getting referred that gets $20 instead of $10.

I heard that there’s a one time bonus 2GB data promo code floating around somewhere too... Would be great if they both stacked..
From the ongoing thread:

"Promo Code - PMLOVE2019 - New Activations of $25 or Greater Plans
This code is valid for new activations and expires on the 30th of November and gives you a one time add-on of 2GB data."

Someone be a guinea pig and report back :)
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa
Sep 10, 2012
111 posts
115 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Public is great, possible profit off opening new lines?

Already have -$9/30 days

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Interesting, they reversed it this time around, usually it’s the person getting referred that gets $20 instead of $10.

Another member (spots) said that the PMLOVE2019 code that was sent to a whole bunch of Twitter users didn't work with the 6x$10 discount offer. I would give it a try as a new customer. I would say that 2GB might be worth any risk of losing the one-time credit for being referred.

Last time, the referral offer was $20 for both people involved. Public Mobile hasn't said that it's the same this time, but we can cross our fingers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes
I suggest holding off until later in the morning to activate any new accounts so that we can see any restrictions in the offer's full terms and conditions.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19338 posts
7463 upvotes
Toronto
This is a sort of bitter sweet deal, better than nothing but that is about it. It is great that the existing account gets $20, but there is no incentive for new sign ups. No new activations, no prospects of getting this offer. The ongoing $10 x 6 deal for new activations just ended and likely nothing on the horizon until this offer ends. I see the carrot, but my arms are way too short to reach it. Any existing customers feel the same way?
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13502 posts
7833 upvotes
Toronto
Sharing is caring!
From Nov 25 for a limited time refer your friend to Public Mobile and you will receive a one-time $20 account credit!

Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit!
BST:
Kenwood KAC-91050 - $200

DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 2, 2018
450 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Still waiting for previous refer a friend promo $25 for each party
Koodo $35/5GB 3 lines, Bell $55/6GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/8GB, $37.5/5GB, $45/13GB, $45/13GB, Lucky Mobile $15