Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Public Mobile: Second 30 days free any plan (plus one-time bonus 5GB on $25+ plan), Dec 18-Feb 8 (Online Activation)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 3:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2706 posts
4356 upvotes

Public Mobile: Second 30 days free any plan (plus one-time bonus 5GB on $25+ plan), Dec 18-Feb 8 (Online Activation)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 8, 2021
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Public Mobile
December 18, 2020 to Feburary 8, 2021 11:59pm EST

Second 30 days free with new account activation of any plan

Customer needs to register for offer at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek
and activates online using same e-mail address by January 15, 2021 11:59pm EST (extended until February 8). Customer must activate service online only (in-store offer ended on January 6)

Account credit will be applied within 30 days of account activation.

Above offer is combinable with the free holiday giveaway add-ons (be sure to manually add them to your account by December 31, 2020).

Update: As of December 22, 2020, customers who take advantage of this offer but also on a $25 or higher plan will receivce a free one-time 5GB data add-on bonus. This has been extended until February 8, 2021 for online activations only (must have registered e-mail address at above website link).
Last edited by computergeek541 on Jan 14th, 2021 3:28 am, edited 13 times in total.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
163 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1663 posts
1619 upvotes
Simlar flash promotion as last weekend, but this time, any plan would qualify for 2nd month credit
If you combine this with the holiday give away promo, one of the better promotions this year for Public mobile.
Free 2 GB data add on
Free 500 long distance long distance add on.
Unused portion of adds on will roll over to next month until used up. One time add on only.
public-mobile-one-time-2gb-addon-500-in ... e-2425309/
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12337 posts
11173 upvotes
PM rewards system will lower phone bill in addition to the initial activation credit.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone.
Mar 30, 2018
46 posts
52 upvotes
Does these addon stack with 25$ plan and 1month free ?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1663 posts
1619 upvotes
Delhiboyin wrote: Does these addon stack with 25$ plan and 1month free ?
Yes. The holiday give away add on will stack with the $25 plan
Jan 24, 2011
449 posts
274 upvotes
Montreal
Setting up Autopay to save $2 per 30 day, and referrals as well. I pay like $20 for unlimited plan, 2 GB. Pretty best bang for your buck.
-------------
Public Mobile : Unlimited talk and text, 2GB - 22$
Zoomer Wireless : Unlimited, 6 GB - 40$ (free P30 Lite, 100$ credit)
IVC Cable : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2706 posts
4356 upvotes
Delhiboyin wrote: Does these addon stack with 25$ plan and 1month free ?
The free add-ons that are offered until December 25 are actually available to any customer on any plan, even ones that are no longer offered to new customers.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2593 posts
2172 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Lovely, just missed it. I just activated daughter's plan last night @ 11pm :)

Oh well.. at least I used my son's account as a referral, so she got the $10 referral credit at least. And he'll get the $1/month discount.

Thnx anyhow.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5754 posts
2014 upvotes
Toronto
Where is everyone getting their sim card?

Also, on Autopay you get $2 credit, does that mean the first month on a $15 plan it's $13? Or do you pay $15, then you get the $2 credit for the next month (so you pay $13 next month)?

Another thing is, if i remove autopay, take a 2 month "vacation" from using the service, when i start using again can i put autopay back on too to get the discount? And how long can you suspend your service (otherwise they'll terminate your account?)

Let's say it's 90 days, can i use a month, suspend 90 days, use another month, suspend 90 days, etc?
Aug 19, 2019
53 posts
3 upvotes
Does public mobile have unlimited data? Like luck after using the data limit has 128 kbps throttling. It is helpful in using Maps
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2706 posts
4356 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Where is everyone getting their sim card?

Also, on Autopay you get $2 credit, does that mean the first month on a $15 plan it's $13? Or do you pay $15, then you get the $2 credit for the next month (so you pay $13 next month)?

Another thing is, if i remove autopay, take a 2 month "vacation" from using the service, when i start using again can i put autopay back on too to get the discount? And how long can you suspend your service (otherwise they'll terminate your account?)

Let's say it's 90 days, can i use a month, suspend 90 days, use another month, suspend 90 days, etc?
The first 30 days on a $15 plan is $15+tax regardless of autoppay. The $2 for the first 30 days only gets added after activation. This means that there will be a double autopay credit of $4 available for the first renewal. The free 30 days gives you credit of $15, so that's $19 there.

If you got referred, you would also get another $10 meaning that your account balance for your first renewal would be $29. When it renews, that balance will be brought down to $14 ($29 minus $15). For the second renewal (3rd 30 days), you'll get another $2 added for autopay bringing your balance up to $16. This means that with autopay enabled, the second and third 30 days would be free if you got referred, and also assuming that no paid add-on packages were purchased.

If your account is suspended for 90 days, the account gets premanently closed.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2706 posts
4356 upvotes
VrajS29439 wrote: Does public mobile have unlimited data? Like luck after using the data limit has 128 kbps throttling. It is helpful in using Maps
Once data is used up, that part of the service stops working.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Dec 18th, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3420 posts
3022 upvotes
Toronto
VrajS29439 wrote: Does public mobile have unlimited data? Like luck after using the data limit has 128 kbps throttling. It is helpful in using Maps
No

"You can add 200 MB or 1 GB of data to your plan: perfect for when you need just a little more data, or if you don’t have data in your base plan and want a back-up for occasional use."
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-h ... of-add-ons
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2593 posts
2172 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I picked up a pair from Canadian Cell Supplies a few weeks ago (cost me $4.40 taxes and shipping for a pair of sim cards) . Their prices vary between $2 and $3 for public mobile sims. Right now they are $2.50 each including shipping. If you are in the North York / Mississauga area, you can pick them up locally.

I know sometimes at walmart you can get free sims, but it is a YMMV and I have no patience to go to walmart and deal with some of their employees. It's painfull enough when I go there for the free photo stuff and they are all confused. Gas alone would cost me most than $2 anyhow.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1663 posts
1619 upvotes

One of the cheaper locations for SIM cards:
https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards

You can also buy in store. Some Walmart reps will offer free SIM card if you activate in store. YMMV though.
Dec 15, 2019
44 posts
68 upvotes
Emporium wrote:
I picked up a pair from Canadian Cell Supplies a few weeks ago (cost me $4.40 taxes and shipping for a pair of sim cards) . Their prices vary between $2 and $3 for public mobile sims. Right now they are $2.50 each including shipping. If you are in the North York / Mississauga area, you can pick them up locally.

I know sometimes at walmart you can get free sims, but it is a YMMV and I have no patience to go to walmart and deal with some of their employees. It's painfull enough when I go there for the free photo stuff and they are all confused. Gas alone would cost me most than $2 anyhow.
Dunkster wrote: One of the cheaper locations for SIM cards:
https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards

You can also buy in store. Some Walmart reps will offer free SIM card if you activate in store. YMMV though.

Thanks - ordered a SIM online. Current sale price is $1.99 + 26c HST = $2.25; free shipping.

One month free promo is the best deal for Public Mobile at the moment (plus combined with annual Holiday freebies), but if you have some flexibility in your timing, I say wait to see if they will bring back another Lunar New Year's promo.
Last year's discount was:
$10 x 8 months discount, plans >=$35
$5 x 8 months discount, plans <$35
(Change of plans in first 8 months will result in loss of discount altogether)

public-mobile-public-mobile-lunar-new-y ... s-2349634/
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1372 posts
424 upvotes
meetoo wrote:
Thanks - ordered a SIM online. Current sale price is $1.99 + 26c HST = $2.25; free shipping.

One month free promo is the best deal for Public Mobile at the moment (plus combined with annual Holiday freebies), but if you have some flexibility in your timing, I say wait to see if they will bring back another Lunar New Year's promo.
Last year's discount was:
$10 x 8 months discount, plans >=$35
$5 x 8 months discount, plans <$35
(Change of plans in first 8 months will result in loss of discount altogether)

public-mobile-public-mobile-lunar-new-y ... s-2349634/
Let's hope you get your sim in time. Ordered 2 weeks ago... Nothing received.
Jan 8, 2008
323 posts
93 upvotes
YYC
The web page asks you to enter your email address to get the promo. The problem is I never get an amil link back from them. Anyone else have the same problem or is it automatic when you sign up later with that same email inputted?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1663 posts
1619 upvotes
fershy wrote: The web page asks you to enter your email address to get the promo. The problem is I never get an amil link back from them. Anyone else have the same problem or is it automatic when you sign up later with that same email inputted?
The email confirmation is not consistent with these promotions. Some customers will get the email promptly, whiles others will get a reminder email later on in the promotion. Others have not gotten the email confirmation at all. As long as you received the website confirmation that you entered the email address, you should be fine.
Jan 8, 2008
323 posts
93 upvotes
YYC
Dunkster wrote: The email confirmation is not consistent with these promotions. Some customers will get the email promptly, whiles others will get a reminder email later on in the promotion. Others have not gotten the email confirmation at all. As long as you received the website confirmation that you entered the email address, you should be fine.
Yeah, that is the problem. I have entered a total of 5 email addresses over this month's promotion and last and have only received one confirmation. I'd like to add another line but?