Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

[In Store ONLY] 5GB one time free data for $25 and up plans

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 9:51 am
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa

[In Store ONLY] 5GB one time free data for $25 and up plans

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 31, 2021
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Looks like it's in store only , call any local dealer and take it.

Public Mobile is launching a FLASH SALE starting Today, August 17th – August 31st. New customers activate on a $25/month or more plan will receive a one-time bonus of 5GB data.

NEW:

5GB Bonus Data (One-Time)

August 17th, 2021 – August 31st, 2021
5gb bonus.JPG

* It's special 5GB bonus data promotion for $25+ (inclusive) plans. . Just ask ANY Public Mobile resellers who sell Public Mobile plans to activate your sim, you'll be qualified.
Last edited by kanata2004 on Aug 18th, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
58 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6054 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
is public mobile data still 3g?

good memories from when i was with them before, but seems they have been neutered
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2018
1082 posts
1622 upvotes
Montreal
lol I signed my grandma up 2 days ago at a 25$ plan lame
Mar 14, 2017
244 posts
162 upvotes
adeel wrote: is public mobile data still 3g?

good memories from when i was with them before, but seems they have been neutered
"3G" is a poor marketing term. You can be connected via LTE (not HSPA only) - just that the LTE connection speed is limited to 3Mbps. My coworker's son was using PM to watch NBA games with no issues.

If it's up to me, I would call it "speed limited LTE", "LTE Lite", or something along that line instead of "3G".
Mar 13, 2005
751 posts
477 upvotes
I sometimes say this in PM threads: I've switched over enough people to basically have a free plan.. teens, seniors and everyone in between (family and friends) and not one has ever complained about the speed. They stream Netflix, Disney+, make Facetime/Duo calls.. browse IG and I doubt any of them would understand they were up against a "speed limit".
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
XeniaOnatopp wrote: "3G" is a poor marketing term. You can be connected via LTE (not HSPA only) - just that the LTE connection speed is limited to 3Mbps. My coworker's son was using PM to watch NBA games with no issues.

If it's up to me, I would call it "speed limited LTE", "LTE Lite", or something along that line instead of "3G".
They are trying to avoid stealing customers from their Koodo brand. If they make it obvious that there is no real world difference for most people, they would lose some higher priced plan customers
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1858 posts
931 upvotes
I can’t see it any details about this promo online... 🤷‍♀️
Mar 14, 2017
244 posts
162 upvotes
Cnsultnt wrote: They are trying to avoid stealing customers from their Koodo brand. If they make it obvious that there is no real world difference for most people, they would lose some higher priced plan customers
Most people moved to Koodo not because of connection speed, but more about taking advantage of phone discounts.

I was on their previous 90d/12GB/$120 plan ("Halloween special") and moved over to Koodo from PM to get a couple of discounted phones for my family. Nowadays with the new policy (on paying back discounts for early upgrades) it's a lot less attractive.
Dec 29, 2006
401 posts
407 upvotes
Yea, I dont see this promo on their website. Is this a store only thing?
Mar 14, 2017
244 posts
162 upvotes
namasgar wrote: Yea, I dont see this promo on their website. Is this a store only thing?
I see a different offer on their forum.

Hey Community,

Starting August 13 to August 16 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on any plan $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS.

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/714022
Nov 10, 2019
800 posts
867 upvotes
Has this expired? The post says until august 16
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1858 posts
931 upvotes
XeniaOnatopp wrote:
I see a different offer on their forum.

Hey Community,

Starting August 13 to August 16 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on any plan $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS.

I saw this offer on FB too, but I couldn’t find anything anywhere about 5GB addon
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2441 posts
3157 upvotes
XeniaOnatopp wrote: I see a different offer on their forum.

Hey Community,

This flash promo expired yesterday.
Ongoing 2GB free data promotion (end date unknown) for plans greater than $35+
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd3-3 ... lsrc=aw.ds

Maybe OP jumped the gun on this promotion. Don't see anything on website also.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure what ppl do on their phones that they complain about the 3G speeds of it, it's on the LTE network limited to 3G Speeds, there isn't anything I cant do on it. Youtube, FaceTime video calls, netflix... browsing, email... iMessage.. non stop sending and receiving pics and gifs. There really isn't I can't do on public that I don't do on any other network. I forget it's 3g speeds... unless you're planning on playing stadia and xcloud on public mobile, not sure what anyone does where this affects their life.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
Dunkster wrote:
Maybe OP jumped the gun on this promotion. Don't see anything on website also.
It's special 5GB bonus data promotion for $25+ (inclusive) plans. . Just ask ANY Public Mobile resellers who sell Public Mobile plans to activate your sim, you'll be qualified.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1858 posts
931 upvotes
kanata2004 wrote:
It's special 5GB bonus data promotion for $25+ (inclusive) plans. . Just ask ANY Public Mobile resellers who sell Public Mobile plans to activate your sim, you'll be qualified.
More details are required... 🤦‍♀️ Is it one time 5GB data that will be added to your account only for the first month? Or is it 5GB of data bonus added to your account monthly? Is it a permanent addon or for 12-24 months? At least some info com’on...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
XeniaOnatopp wrote: I see a different offer on their forum.

Hey Community,

Still showing, wonder how long it will be available? With them now for talk and text, would have to order SIM, port over to Lucky, then port back as new customer, gonna take a bit of time.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
5GB? where? Fake news.
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1181 posts
1847 upvotes
How and where ? This looks fake.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)