Trade Anything for Free Sim Card Promo

Deal Link:
Price:
$0
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Public Mobile is running a promotion where you can trade in anything useless to them for a free sim card! It could be anything! For those that don't wanna wait for shipping can arrange a physical sim swap.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/simswap

Not sure how long the promo is for but you could contact them through Facebook or twitter or contact them on their kijiji ad,

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/c ... 1179386111

Two Ways of swapping your useless item for a Free Sim Card

Physical Swap:

"Find us on any of these trading networks, and we'll arrange a meet up where you can give us your useless item, we'll give you a useful SIM card, and yes, you'll get a little surprise. And yes, it will also be a good surprise."

Social Swap

"Take a picture of something you find useless and tag us @publicmobile and hashtag it #SIMswap on Twitter or Instagram. Don’t forget to make sure your accounts are set to public first. On Facebook, just post the photo on our wall. We'll then reach out with a unique URL where you can order your SIM, and we can use your useless item in our ads. Plus, you'll get a little surprise. A good surprise though, we promise."
Last edited by Nexzen on Aug 23rd, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
This deal is dead now.
120 replies
Jun 22, 2016
115 posts
42 upvotes
10$ shipping refunded upon activation of the sim makes this deal not so hot to me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4279 posts
6838 upvotes
Toronto
CouchPotato2 wrote: 10$ shipping refunded upon activation of the sim makes this deal not so hot to me.
The physical swap could be useful to some that don't wanna wait for shipping.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1887 posts
921 upvotes
Toronto
Public mobile sim was free & free ship. When did this changed?
Jun 12, 2005
234 posts
208 upvotes
lurker99 wrote: Public mobile sim was free & free ship. When did this changed?
I'm really confused. Have they changed their process?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14967 posts
6202 upvotes
Gatineau
Yeah, if this promo still charges $10 for shipping (even if refunded on activation) makes this not hot as its just like any normal non-promo day.

djino
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7057 posts
2718 upvotes
Calgary
Such a gimmick promotion by public mobile. :facepalm:
Jun 16, 2007
860 posts
421 upvotes
Wonder what kind of gross, disgusting items Public Mobile employees are getting for trading in.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2979 posts
839 upvotes
Vancouver
As OP captured, social swap is probably the easiest. PM will just use the picture in their forthcoming ads????
Mar 26, 2008
23 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone worried about shipping time, I ordered my SIM Friday and it was in my mailbox Monday morning.
Dec 20, 2015
566 posts
334 upvotes
LONDON
Ktp_blues wrote: For anyone worried about shipping time, I ordered my SIM Friday and it was in my mailbox Monday morning.
I ordered mine on a Friday and it was in my mailbox Thursday. I live in Toronto.
Feb 12, 2008
166 posts
195 upvotes
Blue Mountains
CouchPotato2 wrote: 10$ shipping refunded upon activation of the sim makes this deal not so hot to me.
Where does it say anything about paying $10 for shipping?
I got the link from Public Mobile, put my information in, and it came up with a confirmation screen "Thanks for the info. Your useful SIM and surprise will arrive shortly."
I'm under the impression that the SIM's going to show up in my mailbox.
Images
  • screenshot.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2822 posts
1188 upvotes
Ottawa
so whats the surprise?
Also..the physical swap seems so totally sketchy they way it is described. Meet some PM employee somewhere and get a SIM card? Or else the social way, they will use a pic of your phone in advertisements?
i don't understand what is going on at all.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5968 posts
2600 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
eugene188 wrote: so whats the surprise?
Also..the physical swap seems so totally sketchy they way it is described. Meet some PM employee somewhere and get a SIM card? Or else the social way, they will use a pic of your phone in advertisements?
i don't understand what is going on at all.
Just seems like a social media stunt to me.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
22114 posts
8484 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I could give them a few things they would probably not accept, like hazardous waste (paint cans left behind by previous owner), a toppled shed, a few tons of clean fill, a few dozen crumbled bricks or maybe a junkyard worthy rusted car :twisted:
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Sep 5, 2007
416 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder what the surprise is...
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4487 posts
714 upvotes
The surprise appears to be a $25 voucher for Public Mobile as per their Kijiji ad.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2147 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
Kherani wrote: The surprise appears to be a $25 voucher for Public Mobile as per their Kijiji ad.
How did you figure that from their Kijiji ad?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4487 posts
714 upvotes
geogolem wrote:
Kherani wrote: The surprise appears to be a $25 voucher for Public Mobile as per their Kijiji ad.
How did you figure that from their Kijiji ad?
Look at the other ads they've posted.

"Will trade for something useful (a SIM card and a $25 voucher for Public Mobile). "