Expired Hot Deals

Public Mobile, Unlimited Calls, Texts, 2GB for $30 (new customers only), until July 21, 2019 11:59pm (Eastern)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2019 1:24 am
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1374 posts
120 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 4:42 pm
New customers don't get refer-a-friend rewards. That is for the person who referred you. The $10 one-time credit is no considered a reward and will not show in that Rewards section of your self-serve account. It will instead be deposited directly into your account balance within 72 hours.
Thank you
if i want port-in number from Rogers i can do it now right?
Last edited by leadersuper699 on Jul 21st, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 6, 2009
313 posts
49 upvotes
Red Deer AB
Well koodo did nothing for me as far as the other deals in the forums so i switched out three lines for this deal, will save about 100/mo. thx op. btw i ported all three of my numbers and it was instant in all cases. i activated online.
2010 Contest Wins :D

T45 Tassimo Brewer - Tassimo Canada - 06 May
FIFA Wallpaper I-Coke May 13
FIFA COKE soccer ball I-Coke May 13
Coke t-shirt I-Coke Nov 8
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1040 posts
843 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 4:43 pm
Thank you
if i want port-in number from Rogers i can do it now right?
You can port anytime from Rogers via self service account.

Need the following three pieces of information for successful port:
Roger's account number, account holder name and phone number. (Ignore rest information such as IME, PIN)
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1374 posts
120 upvotes
How long does take port-in completed? I port-in my number from Virgin and the pm sim card from my phone is changed to the number i ported but the moblic network state show disconnected

NVM it just got the text ported completed
Last edited by leadersuper699 on Jul 21st, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1040 posts
843 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 5:37 pm
How long does take port-in completed? I port-in my number from Virgin and the pm sim card from my phone is changed to the number i ported but the moblic network state show disconnected
Usually within 1-2 hours, sometime up to one day. Landlines and VOIP lines take several days. Does your Virgin SIM card still work? Usually your port is complete once your original carrier SIM card stops.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Apr 26, 2010
277 posts
1204 upvotes
BC
When you port your number over, does it automatically cancel your service with your previous provider (in my case Fido) ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1221 posts
1350 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 5:37 pm
Phone number on Public Mobile account always changes instantly. That doesn't mean it's done. Incoming callsand texts will keep going to Rogers for now. Rogers service will stop working when everything is complete. If you have your Public Mobile in a compatible phone, you will reecive a text messaging notifying you of port completion. I would give it a couple of hours.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1040 posts
843 upvotes
gw105 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 5:49 pm
When you port your number over, does it automatically cancel your service with your previous provider (in my case Fido) ?
Yes, it will automatically cancel your Fido service. Fido will send you a final invoice in 1-2 weeks.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1374 posts
120 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 5:53 pm
Phone number on Public Mobile account always changes instantly. That doesn't mean it's done. Incoming callsand texts will keep going to Rogers for now. Rogers service will stop working when everything is complete. If you have your Public Mobile in a compatible phone, you will reecive a text messaging notifying you of port completion. I would give it a couple of hours.
Thanks, Ok i got the text the transfer request has been completed successfully, now it look like text send and receive works, but incoming call it goes to mailbox not even ring once, out going call works.
Aug 12, 2015
181 posts
91 upvotes
Concord, ON
If I remember correctly, I signed up for PM around the same time last year and was offered koodo migration plans a couple of months later. GL
Aug 5, 2009
383 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry to hijack the thread but for some reasons, I cannot make any outgoing local calls. It states that I am making a long distance call and that it's not apart of my plan. I am on a 100 min public mobile plan with the 250mb. I don't believe I used up the mins yet. I cannot even dial into voicemail. I reached out to a mod on PM but hope to get some answers here.

Thanks
Jan 5, 2018
15 posts
14 upvotes
Do we need to pay to get the SIM card? Or is there a way to get the SIM for free?

Please advise.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1374 posts
120 upvotes
@ computergeek541,
Thank you so much for help, it finally everything worked.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1374 posts
120 upvotes
chengsterr wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 6:07 pm
Sorry to hijack the thread but for some reasons, I cannot make any outgoing local calls. It states that I am making a long distance call and that it's not apart of my plan. I am on a 100 min public mobile plan with the 250mb. I don't believe I used up the mins yet. I cannot even dial into voicemail. I reached out to a mod on PM but hope to get some answers here.

Thanks
Try power off take sim out, power on phone, than power off put sim card back in power on. hope this help
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1040 posts
843 upvotes
ranjancs wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 6:10 pm
Do we need to pay to get the SIM card? Or is there a way to get the SIM for free?

Please advise.
There is no official free SIM promotion at this time. Usually the fee is $10 for SIM card. Walmart reps sometimes will offer free SIM cards if you sign up in store, since they can get a commission. No guarantees though. Public mobile has their own kiosks also in certain major Canadian cities and they also sometimes offer free SIM cards.
Public Mobile
Tangerine