*Pulled over for speeding* - Issued warning

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2016 5:02 pm
[OP]
Jun 18, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote

*Pulled over for speeding* - Issued warning

(im a G2 driver) A cop pulled me over for doing for doing 70 in a 50 (it was a road that was about to become 60 and in about a 100 metres or so later a 70km/h road). he was nice enough to let me off with a warning (verbal warning, no paperwork). My question is, will this warning go on record? I know this wont affect my insurance but if i was to get pulled over again in the future, would the cop know that i had already been issued a warning previously?
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5456 posts
2988 upvotes
Toronto
Should have asked the police if he was going to leave a memo on your profile and they often do.

But in most cases of hta they don't leave any notes for warnings.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35599 posts
21667 upvotes
Center of Universe
Living your life, a 1/4 mile at a time?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13891 posts
8987 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
It goes on their record not insurance. If they pull you over again Mr.Vin Diesel, they can trace back the first time they pulled you over.
vindiesel wrote: (im a G2 driver) A cop pulled me over for doing for doing 70 in a 50 (it was a road that was about to become 60 and in about a 100 metres or so later a 70km/h road). he was nice enough to let me off with a warning (verbal warning, no paperwork). My question is, will this warning go on record? I know this wont affect my insurance but if i was to get pulled over again in the future, would the cop know that i had already been issued a warning previously?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
8272 posts
2008 upvotes
Toronto
I thought they had to issue a warning ticket for it to be officially recorded.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13891 posts
8987 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
No.
Jimbobs wrote: I thought they had to issue a warning ticket for it to be officially recorded.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1802 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
I've had a different cop bring up a past warning before. Pretty sure they can keep records and there was no impact on my insurance
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3966 posts
1331 upvotes
BC
vkizzle wrote: Living your life, a 1/4 mile at a time?
Calm down.. OP was doing 70km per hour...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
iownyou wrote: Calm down.. OP was doing 70km per hour...
Look at OP's user name...
Originally Posted by uruha:
I saw a customer returning a book at Costco + telling the employee that the book was good.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4317 upvotes
You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21900 posts
2716 upvotes
Every access is logged, so yes it will be visible to other officers.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3074 posts
745 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
vindiesel wrote: (im a G2 driver) A cop pulled me over for doing for doing 70 in a 50 (it was a road that was about to become 60 and in about a 100 metres or so later a 70km/h road). he was nice enough to let me off with a warning (verbal warning, no paperwork). My question is, will this warning go on record? I know this wont affect my insurance but if i was to get pulled over again in the future, would the cop know that i had already been issued a warning previously?
Change your name.

And to answer your question, yes.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Jun 17, 2013
794 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
Just curious, which gear were you on to hit 70, I think gear 14?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
9034 posts
3358 upvotes
Mississauga
40% over the speed limit! You might as well be going 140km/h in a 100km/h zone! :eek:
[OP]
Jun 18, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
peteryorkuca wrote:Should have asked the police if he was going to leave a memo on your profile and they often do.

But in most cases of hta they don't leave any notes for warnings.
Kasakato wrote: Every access is logged, so yes it will be visible to other officers.
Okay, thanks. Will this only be limited to the police department in my agency or am I on a province-wide database?
[OP]
Jun 18, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
JohnB wrote:
iownyou wrote: Calm down.. OP was doing 70km per hour...
Look at OP's user name...
fboybcb wrote:
Change your name.

And to answer your question, yes.
Im horrible at coming up with usernames. VinD seemed appropriate :p