• Aug 6th, 2020 10:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2802 posts
1174 upvotes
, ON

Puppy sitter recommendation in Durham area

Can anyone refer me to puppy sitter in Whitby area?

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3327 posts
610 upvotes
magicray wrote: Try Rover.com
Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Rover.com basically a placement company - as in your pup is placed in one home the first time you use their service, but the second time he/she is placed with a different family and so on? You can request a particular dog boarder/sitter but you might not be successful. I want to know where my dog is.

I did look at Rover.com at one time, but opted to find a home boarding environment with the same sitter each time (back when we could travel!) - and our sitter was extremely qualified when it came to our dog's health. It is extremely difficult, particularly when your dog does not do well in a kennel environment, but made an excellent at-home boarder, provided he knew and liked the people boarding him.

Covid-19 has also taken its toll. Probably I would leave my dog with my vet clinic at this time - if they are even taking boarders due to their locked door policy. He wouldn't have liked it, but on the other hand he would have been safe. The length of time that a dog needs to be boarded also needs to be considered.

The OP might ask their vets for recommendations or groomers if dogs need grooming - ours most definitely did. This is how we found our dog boarder.