Purchasing ebike on Alibaba

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2021 6:53 am
[OP]
May 16, 2017
58 posts
85 upvotes

Purchasing ebike on Alibaba

I posted this inquiry in the sports and recreation sub, and no one responded. Hopefully, members in this sub are more familiar with Alibaba.

I had originally been looking at a bike that is only available in the USA. It was sold at Costco in the states, and it's called the Jupiter bike Discovery X5. Jetson also sells a similar version called the Jetson Metro. However, after doing more research, I found out that there was a bigger version with 20" wheels: the Jupiter bike x7.

I searched all around and could not find anything on this side of the border. Maybe the ppl in this community may know better and let me know if there is.

Not to be let down, I went on Alibaba to see if there was something alike to the X7, and found the PXID S6L on Alibaba

I contacted the seller and they only deal with businesses with a shipping agent. I have neither, so I wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with purchasing on Alibaba. Also, is there anyone who would be able to help me in procuring this bike? If you are interested in the bike and live in Metro Vancouver, we can split the shipping if you wanted to order as well.
4 replies
[OP]
May 16, 2017
58 posts
85 upvotes
I tried looking at alternatives on Aliexpress, but none of them has the rear suspension, the compact fold dimensions, aesthetics, and price.

Thanks for letting me know about the shipping expense though
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2912 posts
2309 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
hairyco wrote: I tried looking at alternatives on Aliexpress, but none of them has the rear suspension, the compact fold dimensions, aesthetics, and price.

Thanks for letting me know about the shipping expense though
I've not bought anything through Alibaba so I have no personal experiences. However, I've seen plenty of stories where the customer service and return policies suck worse than your mother. :) I've read horror stories where a product arrived defective or simply not as described, and the buyer was responsible for the return shipping costs before they got a refund. This would be quite expensive having to ship it back.

I think the stress and potential expense makes it far from worthwhile purchasing from there, but you do you. :)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3915 posts
2497 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: I've not bought anything through Alibaba so I have no personal experiences. However, I've seen plenty of stories where the customer service and return policies suck worse than your mother. :) I've read horror stories where a product arrived defective or simply not as described, and the buyer was responsible for the return shipping costs before they got a refund. This would be quite expensive having to ship it back.

I think the stress and potential expense makes it far from worthwhile purchasing from there, but you do you. :)
Reminds me of a YouTuber that bought some EV sportscar for $30k and ended up with a golf cart worth $5k.