9 replies
Feb 2, 2008
114 posts
79 upvotes
Coupon code only gives 4$ off now, Price only comes to 24.55 US now
Nov 27, 2020
18 posts
11 upvotes
PureVPN is a commercial virtual private network service owned by GZ Systems Ltd. Founded in 2007, the company is based in Hong Kong.

I don't think buy a VPN service from HK is a good idea...
Nov 8, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Followed ops link and also see 24.55 us. Tried a different browser and got 49.99. Came in under a vpn and used duckduckgo browser with all cookies cleared and got 11.88 us for a year. Chose PayPal as payment and got a final total of 15.83 Canadian.
Last edited by Grumpybusdriverman on Dec 15th, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12277 posts
3415 upvotes
why not?
kernelfault wrote: I don't think buy a VPN service from HK is a good idea...
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Dec 22, 2007
730 posts
368 upvotes
Mississauga
kernelfault wrote: PureVPN is a commercial virtual private network service owned by GZ Systems Ltd. Founded in 2007, the company is based in Hong Kong.

it depends what you use it for... using for torrents you don't want tracked by the MPAA it actually may be a good thing to be in HK for security etc probably not the best.

i had purevpn for 5 years and used it rarely for some geoblocking and found it lacking.. got it as part of a lifetime stacksocial deal five years go... they gave me vpn unlimited at no charge so cant complain.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2537 posts
1374 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kernelfault wrote: PureVPN is a commercial virtual private network service owned by GZ Systems Ltd. Founded in 2007, the company is based in Hong Kong.

And the US would be better for the Fourteen Eyes? Face With Tears Of Joy

I'd take HK over US any day where a VPN company is HQ.

With that said, PureVPN is junk! I've had it for a few years now on their lifetime plan. Most of their servers are slow and/or you can't even connect to them. I don't even use it anymore.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Nov 27, 2020
18 posts
11 upvotes
sexyj wrote: why not?
Depends how you will use it...
Ussually people get it for torrenting and/or secure their traffic from the Fourteen Eyes surveillance alliance,China and Russia or just to watch US netflix. Servers based in those countries are forced by law to log user information and provide them if needed.
Ussually HK do not require VPN servers to log user information, but this can change with the new national security law that China has passed in Hong Kong.
Nov 27, 2020
18 posts
11 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: And the US would be better for the Fourteen Eyes? Face With Tears Of Joy

I'd take HK over US any day where a VPN company is HQ.

With that said, PureVPN is junk! I've had it for a few years now on their lifetime plan. Most of their servers are slow and/or you can't even connect to them. I don't even use it anymore.
I'm agree with you if I have to choose between those two.
But right now there better options outside the fourteen eyes
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12277 posts
3415 upvotes
lol, you wear your tin foil hat too much
kernelfault wrote: Depends how you will use it...
Ussually people get it for torrenting and/or secure their traffic from the Fourteen Eyes surveillance alliance,China and Russia or just to watch US netflix. Servers based in those countries are forced by law to log user information and provide them if needed.
Ussually HK do not require VPN servers to log user information, but this can change with the new national security law that China has passed in Hong Kong.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop