Expired Hot Deals

PureVPN

Locked: [Sponsored] VPN Deal: 87% OFF on PureVPN 1-Year Plan, $1.41 per month (Total $17)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 5:56 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 17, 2003
10743 posts
4892 upvotes

[Sponsored] VPN Deal: 87% OFF on PureVPN 1-Year Plan, $1.41 per month (Total $17)

Deal Link:
Price:
$17.00
Expiry:
August 1, 2020
Retailer:
PureVPN
Stream all you want and from anywhere you want in an absolutely secure and anonymous fashion with this amazing deal from PureVPN: get a 1-year plan for a whopping 87% off, which translates into only $1.41/month (total cost: $17) (regularly $131.40).

PureVPN is an all-inclusive top-tier VPN provider boasting of a No-Log certification by industry’s leading independent auditors and a massive 10,000+ excellent reviews and 4.8 ratings on the world’s most powerful review platform: Trustpilot.

From crazy-fast streaming and bank-grade security to gaming-friendly port forwarding option, PureVPN has it all, and you can taste that all and more for an entire year for just $17.

Here are some highlights of PureVPN:

• Massive VPN network of 2,000+ VPN servers in 140+ countries, offering 300,000+ IP addresses.
  • Instant access to Netflix United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, and Japan.
  • Access to Hulu US, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and other streaming options.
  • One account/subscriptions work on up to 10 devices at a time.
  • PureVPN is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, smart TVs, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV Stick, and more.
  • Gamer’s top choice due to its dedicated gaming features such as Port forwarding and low ping.
  • PureVPN offers VPN proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
  • PureVPN supports OpenVPN (TCP/UDP), IKEv2, and more.
  • PureVPN offers a 31-day money-back guarantee.
  • PureVPN comes with IP leak protection.
  • 24/7 human live Chat support.

If you're having trouble seeing the links in this post, you may need to disable your adblocker.
Images
  • purevpn_1.jpg
  • purevpn_2.jpg
  • purevpn_3.jpg
33 replies
Sep 26, 2010
2 posts
14 upvotes
Dundas
I have PureVPN and it does not work. I have Rogers fastest internet package and my channels freeze when using VPN and also, Netflix recognizes that your using a VPN, so trying to get US or other countries, it will not work. I made the mistake of signing on for three years for I think, was $69, so not a big loss.
Look for something else.
Jun 15, 2020
320 posts
387 upvotes
Ontario
I would never buy a 1 or 3 year VPN Plan, since anything can happen in that time. Company sold off to a much more shady company, they start logging user information, or Netflix integration stops working.
Jul 2, 2018
65 posts
110 upvotes
Please don’t forget that these guys sold VPN logs to FBI

https://www.vyprvpn.com/blog/purevpn-no ... aims-false
https://betanews.com/2017/10/09/purevpn-logs-fbi/

Additionally they used to offer “Lifetime” membership. But after the initial funding ran out they changed the TOS to state that “in the Tech world lifetime refers to a max of 5 years”. PureVPN has offices in Pakistan and Hong Kong. Keep that in mind.

If you do want a VPN service, get Mullvad. They are the gold standard of VPN. (Correct me if I am wrong please!)

Edit : You can’t bypass Amazon Prime / any other content providers VPN restrictions In anything else apart from a Chrome Browser with extensions enabled.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4109 posts
4178 upvotes
I have a lifetime PUREVPN service. This service is trash. Their locations are fake. For instance, if you connect to a Seattle server, the IP will identify as from Texas.

Worst of all, their servers don't even work. Most of the time, I can't even connect to their servers through a variety of different encryption protocols. Even if a connection is established, the connection is slow and constantly disconnects.

Avoid at all cost. Pile Of Poo
Jan 23, 2012
485 posts
280 upvotes
Innisfil
Do yourself a favor a buy a more respectable VPN service like Nord VPN.
Banned
Feb 13, 2015
1059 posts
243 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Made the purchase and instantly regret. Does not work on Netflix and a lot of the times even when I try to use Google or websites it says there is “unusual traffic” coming from my ip such that I can not even access the site
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4109 posts
4178 upvotes
doctor80 wrote: Do yourself a favor a buy a more respectable VPN service like Nord VPN.
NORDVPN isn't much better either. They have been caught getting hacked, having their data compromised yet didn't inform their customers until 2 years after when it was revealed by the media. It's a garbage trashy company imo.

Go with EXPRESSVPN, Wireshark, PIA, astrill instead.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
643 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
xneoenx wrote: Please don’t forget that these guys sold VPN logs to FBI

https://www.vyprvpn.com/blog/purevpn-no ... aims-false
https://betanews.com/2017/10/09/purevpn-logs-fbi/

Additionally they used to offer “Lifetime” membership. But after the initial funding ran out they changed the TOS to state that “in the Tech world lifetime refers to a max of 5 years”. PureVPN has offices in Pakistan and Hong Kong. Keep that in mind.

If you do want a VPN service, get Mullvad. They are the gold standard of VPN. (Correct me if I am wrong please!)

Edit : You can’t bypass Amazon Prime / any other content providers VPN restrictions In anything else apart from a Chrome Browser with extensions enabled.
Funny enough, on a whim this morning after my expressvpn ran out, I got mullvad. I was attracted by the monthly low fee and severe lack of adverts like the other services. Plus the way they prioritize privacy down to the way you log in.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
643 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
AsianXL wrote: NORDVPN isn't much better either. They have been caught getting hacked, having their data compromised yet didn't inform their customers until 2 years after when it was revealed by the media. It's a garbage trashy company imo.

Go with EXPRESSVPN, Wireshark, PIA, astrill instead.
I will agree with Nord. Terrible service. Used to be great. Had PIA, but constant disconnects. Never had astrill. Had Express for the past few months but other than the apps available on my smart tv and firestick, express really is a complete meh for me. Also the way they advertise on every. single. podcast I listen to is just a turn off.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
643 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…

I will just leave this here.
Jul 2, 2018
65 posts
110 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: Go with EXPRESSVPN, Wireshark, PIA, astrill instead.
All the same btw. Use this link :

Might be hard / overwhelming to understand but this is hands down the complete list

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/

It boils down to how much security / privacy / what your usage is.
Per the patriot act, if a company is requested for data, they have to comply. (If company is located in the USA or uses a server that is there)
Again, not trying to up sell Mullvad, but read how and what they log. It will make a lot more sense. If you pay by bank / PayPal / Credit Card. You just revealed yourself, irrespective of which VPN provider you went with.
I haven’t used Mullvad myself as I find it a pain to sign up for a bitcoin account to pay for it.

But I am glad we all agree not to go with PureVpn.
Thank you for that. I wish I read about this before signing up for their “lifetime” memberships.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3071 posts
2565 upvotes
GTA Ontario
xneoenx wrote: All the same btw. Use this link :

Might be hard / overwhelming to understand but this is hands down the complete list

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/

It boils down to how much security / privacy / what your usage is.
Per the patriot act, if a company is requested for data, they have to comply. (If company is located in the USA or uses a server that is there)
Again, not trying to up sell Mullvad, but read how and what they log. It will make a lot more sense. If you pay by bank / PayPal / Credit Card. You just revealed yourself, irrespective of which VPN provider you went with.
I haven’t used Mullvad myself as I find it a pain to sign up for a bitcoin account to pay for it.

But I am glad we all agree not to go with PureVpn.
Thank you for that. I wish I read about this before signing up for their “lifetime” memberships.
"If you pay by bank / PayPal / Credit Card. You just revealed yourself, irrespective of which VPN provider you went with." -- Sure, you revealed yourself -- to the VPN provider. So what? That's their accounting records. What does that have to do with which IPs are connected to the data in question? If someone gets a warrant to force them to provide records, they can now prove that you're a customer. So what? VPN services are not illegal. They still have the same logging policy either way, and can't prove your IP was connected to whatever downloading or data access that's being investigated. You're just one customer with one IP in a pool of IPs used by a server that was involved in some naughty data transfer. No way to prove which IPs did what. That's the whole point of using a VPN for anonymity. (The other use of a VPN of course is privacy and security, so you can do things like online banking via a public WiFi access point like in a coffee shop, and any snoopers only get encrypted packets.) Very useful service. No reason to try to hide the fact that you use it.
Jul 2, 2018
65 posts
110 upvotes
Yep. Tell that to the guy who was arrested when PureVPN provided the logs. :)
In theory what you say sounds sweet. But reality is something completely different. Also in certain countries it is against the law to use VPN.
It is also against TOS to circumvent copyright/ DMCA / Region specific content. But funny thing is I heard the same points during the Napster era. “There is no way they would know you downloaded that song”. Meh.

I don’t want to argue or discuss further, but just warn that if you are looking for true anonymity do your due diligence.
Cheers!
Jul 27, 2018
171 posts
90 upvotes
All the criticisms are warranted, except Netflix, these guys are [email protected] when it comes to VPN.

I'm using nordvpn and it's OK.
Android connections are pretty good.
Windows w Ovpn is avg.
Browser plugin is kinda slow.

Fastest one I've tested is ExpreesVPN.

For good privacy, anyone in the sphere of the 5eyes countries wouldn't be recommended.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4109 posts
4178 upvotes
If your SERIOUS about PRIVACY, you would be using a SELF-HOSTED VPN anyway. It blows my mind why you would EVER trust the words of a 3rd party VPN SERVICE to safeguard your privacy and data.

If you're just trying to bypass Netflix then privacy and security won't matter. You can pick any managed VPN service to help you geoblock.

But If security was my utmost concern, I would rent a VPS from a non-five eyes country and host my own vpn server. If you don't know how, learn it. It's not hard.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9821 posts
1298 upvotes
GTA
I got lucky with a lifetime Windscribe VPN a few years ago. Happy with their service. Their free account has 50 gigs free a month. [ EDIT: I was corrected further down that it is 10 gigs a month now and you can get an extra 5 gigs for tweeting about them)
Last edited by YLSF on Jul 28th, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 8, 2010
676 posts
284 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
I am another happy customer for the expressVPN. You can try their service for for free for a week.
Aug 27, 2019
22 posts
7 upvotes
I have a PureVPN "lifetime" subscription and find that similarly to those that have reported earlier where they connect you to whichever server they feel like no matter what you select within a country.

This happens to me when I try to connect to their OpenVPN (TCP and UDP) servers in specific cities within the USA and Canada.

Some of the OpenVPN servers do not work, you can PING them but when you try to connect it fails.

I am in the process of looking for another VPN service provider.
Apr 25, 2014
83 posts
111 upvotes
Wakanda
Inb4 RFD gets rid of downvotes again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)