Purolator Shipping Support Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 10:48 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2147 posts
1071 upvotes
London
well purolator has just gotten worst. now they cant even be bothered to deliver packages that are shipped via them there self's they are out sourcing the final delivery. ordered some parts from newegg they shipped them via purolator ground. when the package got to london purolator handed it over to some company called All Canadian Courier who didn't bother to show up. guess this is how purolator saves money now out sourcing the delivery of there packages.
Jun 8, 2019
73 posts
14 upvotes
GTA
cyberguy69 wrote: I'd like to share my experience with Purolator. Hopefully if you run a business, you will stay away from this company unless you really want to piss off your customers.

I am a frequent online shopper. I have had may packages delivered to my home by various delivery services. So far I found the worst being Purolator. Companies that use Purolator include Toysrus, Sportchek and sometimes Amazon. Companies will always place the blame on the shipping companies but it is their fault to make such an unwise choice to use these delivery services. Amazon will at least give me a few bucks to compensate for having the product delivered late. Other companies will just apologize and pretty much imply in a courteous way that this is the way it is, suck it up. I don't blame the CS reps as they are good employees hired by bad companies to do exactly that.

Most of the courier companies Purolator and UPS anyway are run by the same teamsters union. Forget about the money back guarantees. Once a package has been signed for the transaction is deemed complete even if the package is late. You have no recourse. I have had better luck with Fedex and Canada Post.

I live in an area with frequent heavy traffic. 80% of the packages arrive late. (Though I have no problems with other delivery services). Purolator delivery person will use any excuse to have the package delivered by somebody else. One person said they cannot find my address. I live on the main road in my neighbourhood. There is no way that they cannot find it. a few times they claimed that they don't understand my address. I called customer service, they just verified my address and said they don't understand why the address is incorrect and have the package delivered the next day or two. I never get a notification when there is something wrong . I have to track the package using their website to find out.

Toysrus will not even give me an estimate delivery date, (just the tracking number), probably because they know how unreliable Purolator is. (Toysrus Canada survived bankruptcy, maybe it isn't such a good idea to irritate their customer that way especially when Amazon offers very competitive price for the same products and the packages are delivered mostly on time). Canada Post never delivered my small packages from China on time. At least I know that they were cracking down on fentanyl that they have to hold packages for inspection. Inefficient? Perhaps. At least I know that the reason behind packages not arriving on time.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
aaron158 wrote: well purolator has just gotten worst. now they cant even be bothered to deliver packages that are shipped via them there self's they are out sourcing the final delivery. ordered some parts from newegg they shipped them via purolator ground. when the package got to london purolator handed it over to some company called All Canadian Courier who didn't bother to show up. guess this is how purolator saves money now out sourcing the delivery of there packages.
Hello,

We truly apologize that you have not received your shipment. Please email us with your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com so we can assist you with your shipments delivery.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa
Customer Care Team
www.purolator.com
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Mar 27, 2012
759 posts
183 upvotes
Gotham
Didn't have time to read through entire thread but I've had enough with Purolator. Paid for one day shipping again to meet a clients needs and again it seems like Purolator will fail to deliver.

Just wanted to let everyone know that you can contact Amazon and priotize it to be the last shipping option. Been having great experience with Intelcom express.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Bruce.W wrote: Didn't have time to read through entire thread but I've had enough with Purolator. Paid for one day shipping again to meet a clients needs and again it seems like Purolator will fail to deliver.

Just wanted to let everyone know that you can contact Amazon and priotize it to be the last shipping option. Been having great experience with Intelcom express.
Hello Bruce,

I am very sorry to see you have had a bad experience with us and I would like to try and resolve this for you.
Please email us at customer.care@purolator.com with your tracking number so we can assist you with your shipment.

Thank you,

Vanessa
Customer Care Team
www.purolator.com

Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5698 posts
1172 upvotes
Montreal
I ordered something from Amazon. Checking my tracking info, I saw that they had shipped by Purolator and that my shipment would arrive by 9:00PM.

My first reaction was: Oh, crap! I've already posted a horribly bad experience in this thread. Would this be déja vgu all over again?

As it happens, the delivery went without a hitch. The driver rang our doorbell at 8:37 PM.
There's hope.
Phils
Oct 31, 2002
45 posts
24 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I just had my first non-delivery experience with Purolator today. I wasn't home, and instead of just leaving the parcel on my doorstep, I get a delivery attempt notice that means I have to drive 20 minutes just to pick it up.

Why doesn't Purolator just leave it on the doorstep, like every other delivery company?

It's a $15 toy, for gosh sake's. You don't need my signature.

I'm never shopping with a company that uses Purolator again.
Sep 19, 2004
591 posts
228 upvotes
Stinky wrote: I just had my first non-delivery experience with Purolator today. I wasn't home, and instead of just leaving the parcel on my doorstep, I get a delivery attempt notice that means I have to drive 20 minutes just to pick it up.

Why doesn't Purolator just leave it on the doorstep, like every other delivery company?

Safe drop entirely depends on carrier’s discretion. If a carrier doesn’t feel comfortable to safe drop, then he or she can card it for pickup.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14636 posts
11851 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Stinky wrote: I just had my first non-delivery experience with Purolator today. I wasn't home, and instead of just leaving the parcel on my doorstep, I get a delivery attempt notice that means I have to drive 20 minutes just to pick it up.

sunvv wrote: Safe drop entirely depends on carrier’s discretion. If a carrier doesn’t feel comfortable to safe drop, then he or she can card it for pickup.
This

Plus this...
How can I have my shipments left without a signature?

We offer Signature Not Required (SNR) services within Canada that authorize drop offs without a signature. We offer a Single Shipment Use form to make it easy for you to authorize a one-time SNR delivery and a Multiple Shipment Use form to authorize all shipments to be delivered by Purolator without a signature, whether you're the sender or the receiver.
https://www.purolator.com/en/resources- ... pment.page?

Then it’s at YOUR DISCRETION that a pkg is left, not Purolator’s Driver
Oct 31, 2002
45 posts
24 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I get A LOT of packages... mostly through Fedex and Canada Post, as well as a number of smaller carriers. I've NEVER had this issue, nor have I ever had to drive 20 minutes away to pick up a parcel (the Canada Post depot is a two-minute walk from my house).

In fairness, the issue seems to be largely with the retailer I used. After I contacted them, they stated their contract with Purolator requires all packages have signature upon delivery. That being said, Purolator shouldn't make it so difficult. Going online to print out a form? Give me a break!

It's 2019. Figure it out. Amazon apparently has.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto

Hello,

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Not all shipments can be left unattended unfortunately. It depends on the service requested by the shipper and also on the safety of the delivery location. If you miss the delivery, please do not hesitate to email us the tracking number and we'll schedule a new attempt for you.

Regards,
James
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com

Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7133 posts
1895 upvotes
T dot 6
Oh interesting, I was just thinking how Purolator tracking was so bad.

My condo security sent me an email that a package arrived on Friday at 2:05 pm. I checked Purolator's website to see if its that package and it say its still in transit and estimated delivery was on Monday so then I think its a different page.

I then receive two emails from Purloator, one at 4:49 pm on Friday that my package was picked up. Another email that my packaged was delivered at 6:24 pm on the Friday.

Basically Purolator tracking is almost useless in this instance. None of the other carriers have this sort of issue that I've seen.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Jan 17, 2013
653 posts
252 upvotes

Not leaving packages by the door helps to prevent theft/missing packages so Purolator did good there.

UPS is very convenient, customers can pick up their packages from UPS stores which are all over the city.

Purolator can improve their services by having pickups at the post office instead of a long drive to their depot?

Amazon.ca lets you deliver to a post office.
Dec 18, 2017
920 posts
521 upvotes
London, On
Stinky wrote: I get A LOT of packages... mostly through Fedex and Canada Post, as well as a number of smaller carriers. I've NEVER had this issue, nor have I ever had to drive 20 minutes away to pick up a parcel (the Canada Post depot is a two-minute walk from my house).

In fairness, the issue seems to be largely with the retailer I used. After I contacted them, they stated their contract with Purolator requires all packages have signature upon delivery. That being said, Purolator shouldn't make it so difficult. Going online to print out a form? Give me a break!

It's 2019. Figure it out. Amazon apparently has.
So Purolator followed the rules with your package and you are still upset at them? That's ridiculous. Yes, download the form, call Purolator, they will come and stick a barcode on your door or mailbox and scan that as proof of delivery in the future. Pretty simple. Amazon tells their delivery companies to leave packages without signature, so that's a different story than the vendor you dealt with.