Shopping Discussion

Purolator Shipping Support Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 10:48 pm
Sep 1, 2010
5 posts
1 upvote
GTA
My turn. I ordered a TV from bestbuy and sent it to my condo which has 24x7 concierge with a large mailroom for online package deliveries. First they claimed the address was wrong. It wasn't. I spoke to a purolator agent to tell them to leave it with the concierge. She said no problem. Then second delivery then again "Attempted delivery - receiver unavailable". I called purolator and the agent says that they REFUSE to leave it with the concierge, that I have to sign for the package. Right like the purolator guy is going to wait for me to come down and sign for the package!?! They don't call me when the package arrives. I doubt they even come to the condo. Probably drive right by and claim "receiver unavailable". Best part is when I complained to Bestbuy their first answer was call back Purolator and give them permission to drop off with concierge, when I said I did that already, they admitted that Purolator often refuses to drop off with condo concierge and if they do then Best buy's solution is to send it back and give them another address to deliver it to! I'm flabbergasted.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
ec wrote: My turn. I ordered a TV from bestbuy and sent it to my condo which has 24x7 concierge with a large mailroom for online package deliveries. First they claimed the address was wrong. It wasn't. I spoke to a purolator agent to tell them to leave it with the concierge. She said no problem. Then second delivery then again "Attempted delivery - receiver unavailable". I called purolator and the agent says that they REFUSE to leave it with the concierge, that I have to sign for the package. Right like the purolator guy is going to wait for me to come down and sign for the package!?! They don't call me when the package arrives. I doubt they even come to the condo. Probably drive right by and claim "receiver unavailable". Best part is when I complained to Bestbuy their first answer was call back Purolator and give them permission to drop off with concierge, when I said I did that already, they admitted that Purolator often refuses to drop off with condo concierge and if they do then Best buy's solution is to send it back and give them another address to deliver it to! I'm flabbergasted.

Hello EC,

If you need any help with your shipment please email us with your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com.

Thank you,

Vanessa
Customer Care Team
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Sep 1, 2010
5 posts
1 upvote
GTA
HaHahahahahaha.
You must be a Joker Purolator rep. Venessa/customer care. Are you even a real person?
I've talked 4 different Purolator agents on the phone in the past week. None of them have been able to help. They say contradictory things... Can't deliver, will deliver, will deliver to a Purolator center 2 blocks away, then nope can't deliver there....blah...blah...blah. is all a lie.
The Purolator agents have no idea what their delivery trucks are doing. The driver in this case must be lying. Waited all day for the 3rd attempt at delivery. Spoke to the concierge to let us know when the package arrived. Concierge confirmed no package was delivered. Yet online it claims an attempt was made. Lies, lies, lies. Best buy is not much better cause they also don't take ownership of the problem. All a farce.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2742 posts
2344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ec wrote: HaHahahahahaha.
You must be a Joker Purolator rep. Venessa/customer care. Are you even a real person?
I've talked 4 different Purolator agents on the phone in the past week. None of them have been able to help. They say contradictory things... Can't deliver, will deliver, will deliver to a Purolator center 2 blocks away, then nope can't deliver there....blah...blah...blah. is all a lie.
The Purolator agents have no idea what their delivery trucks are doing. The driver in this case must be lying. Waited all day for the 3rd attempt at delivery. Spoke to the concierge to let us know when the package arrived. Concierge confirmed no package was delivered. Yet online it claims an attempt was made. Lies, lies, lies. Best buy is not much better cause they also don't take ownership of the problem. All a farce.
This is the main reason why Purolator is so bad. I think 99% of the issue is lazy driver just take the truck out, do e.g. 20% of delivery and call the rest attempted delivery, no one there.
100% of the time, I don't have the notice / tag on my door, and I am working from home, the room I am working everyday is right beside the front door. No one came period. No notice, no tag.
Only if I check online , it will tell me attempt delivery. To make it worse, the pick up location is 30min drive away. If they are like Canada Post or UPS that have pick up location very close, like 5min, it is not that big of the deal.

So my take is, when someone ship me package using Puroloator, it mean the package will just go to their depot that is 30min away from me and ask me to pick up.
To the point, I avoid shopping at company that use Puroloator.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5093 posts
2309 upvotes
Vancouver
Mine is now showing "Mechanical Delay" right at the end of the business day...
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2742 posts
2344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I complain couple times Purolator driver never show up and just claim no one home.

This time i got a different issue.
I order something from Amazon, and don't know they ship Purolator.

Today I came home and saw they left the package, which happens all the time, but usually is right at the corner of my front porch.

Look at how Purolator left my package

Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Jun 21, 2016
277 posts
86 upvotes
I haven't had to deal with Purolator in a year, but Amazon recently has been sending out all my orders with Purolator again, and of course they are not being delivered, the driver leaves the pick up slip claiming to have tried and no answer when in fact I was home, and the driver never buzzed and the buzzer code is on the label.

Kicker is there are 2 pick up locations near me 5km and 6km away, what does Purolator do, takes the parcels to a pick up location 16km away, so they will sit there until Purolator sends them back to Amazon.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2742 posts
2344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JustinL733617 wrote: I haven't had to deal with Purolator in a year, but Amazon recently has been sending out all my orders with Purolator again, and of course they are not being delivered, the driver leaves the pick up slip claiming to have tried and no answer when in fact I was home, and the driver never buzzed and the buzzer code is on the label.

Kicker is there are 2 pick up locations near me 5km and 6km away, what does Purolator do, takes the parcels to a pick up location 16km away, so they will sit there until Purolator sends them back to Amazon.
at least they made it to your house to give you the tag. But I don't understand if they are there, why can't they just give it to you.

In my case 99% of package from Purolator will NOT deliver, Not tag, Nothing.
If I go online to check the tracking number, I will see delivery attempt, no one home.
So the drive drive the truck home to just do his own thing / sleep, or do whatever he doing (My be 2nd job as real Amazon delivery guy?????) and just say no one home on every order.

I am in Richmond Hill, Purolator pick up location is 20KM away!!!
Canada Post, Fedex, UPS, are all just around the corner .
Jun 25, 2016
89 posts
42 upvotes
Past 2 Amazon deliveries have been shipped with Purolator. And both times the packages have arrived with the tape ripped and box open. Last one they failed to deliver on time due to 'further directions needed for address"...the driver has delivered here before.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
cheapshopper wrote: I complain couple times Purolator driver never show up and just claim no one home.

This time i got a different issue.
I order something from Amazon, and don't know they ship Purolator.

Today I came home and saw they left the package, which happens all the time, but usually is right at the corner of my front porch.

Look at how Purolator left my package

Hello,

Please email us with your tracking numbers to customer.care@purolator.com.
Our drivers should leave the items by the front door, not on the driveway. I would like to forward this complaint to our depots management.

Thank you, Vanessa/Customer Care Team

Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Elexen wrote: Past 2 Amazon deliveries have been shipped with Purolator. And both times the packages have arrived with the tape ripped and box open. Last one they failed to deliver on time due to 'further directions needed for address"...the driver has delivered here before.
Hello Elexen,

We would like your tracking numbers to file the complaint in regards to the damages.
I am really sorry about this happening with your shipments.

Dec 2, 2019
3 posts
This is the first time I had experience with Purolator. I have ordered from Best buy last Thursday (28th Nov). I tracked online on Monday (2nd Dec) and they said it will be deliverred on Tuesday (3rd Dec). I intended to stay at home all day to wait for them, and then they said Mechanical Delay - WTF it is?
Should I believe that they will deliver on time in the next day as they said "expected delivery date"?
I have never had any issue with Canada Post or smaller companies. They updated the status quickly and never delayed.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
NgocN45252 wrote: This is the first time I had experience with Purolator. I have ordered from Best buy last Thursday (28th Nov). I tracked online on Monday (2nd Dec) and they said it will be deliverred on Tuesday (3rd Dec). I intended to stay at home all day to wait for them, and then they said Mechanical Delay - WTF it is?
Should I believe that they will deliver on time in the next day as they said "expected delivery date"?
I have never had any issue with Canada Post or smaller companies. They updated the status quickly and never delayed.

Hello NgocN45252,

Please send us your tracking number by email at customer.care@purolator.com.
We will be able to review your tracking and date of delivery.

Dec 2, 2019
3 posts
I stayed at home in the morning because at 8AM it said it is on the vehicle to delivery. I waited until 12 and did not see anything. I had to leave for the meeting in the afternoon, I couldn't wait for longer.
At 4pm they deliverred. And ofcourse, there is no one at home to waste their day long for an uncertain thing. At least, I appreciated that they have attempted to delivery.
Now they brough back to their store which is 1hour far from my address, even there is another pick up location nearby (1Km). I think they should eliminate the term "pick up at the nearest pickup location" in their term for misleading their customers. Just say "pick up at the location convinience for them".
I do not have a car to go for pick up.
So I think it is simply request a return from seller and let they do it. So this is my experience: checking the shipment company with the seller before you order anything online.
It will save your time and energy A LOTS.