Shopping Discussion

Purolator Shipping Support Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 10:48 pm
Dec 18, 2017
916 posts
519 upvotes
London, On
NgocN45252 wrote: I stayed at home in the morning because at 8AM it said it is on the vehicle to delivery. I waited until 12 and did not see anything. I had to leave for the meeting in the afternoon, I couldn't wait for longer.
At 4pm they deliverred. And ofcourse, there is no one at home to waste their day long for an uncertain thing. At least, I appreciated that they have attempted to delivery.
Now they brough back to their store which is 1hour far from my address, even there is another pick up location nearby (1Km). I think they should eliminate the term "pick up at the nearest pickup location" in their term for misleading their customers. Just say "pick up at the location convinience for them".
I do not have a car to go for pick up.
So I think it is simply request a return from seller and let they do it. So this is my experience: checking the shipment company with the seller before you order anything online.
It will save your time and energy A LOTS.
Just ask them to make another delivery attempt. Or ask them to take it to the pickup location near your home. Depending on your comfort level, you can tape a note of permission on your door for the driver to leave the package so you don't have to be home. Make sure it has your name and you sign it and the driver will take that note as your signature. This is the busiest week of the year for all delivery companies, so service levels for everyone suffers.
Dec 2, 2019
3 posts
Thank you, djeffery.
I did not know that we can ask for pickup at nearer location. I'll ask them to leave it nearby.
Apr 12, 2010
16 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Before I begin venting: I lost the tracking number and that is my fault. But, I didn't know that a company of this size is utterly useless without a tracking number.

I dropped off a package at a Purolator Shipping Centre on or around November 19th. It was four joy-con controllers for the Nintendo Switch to be repaired. I filled out a shipping slip with the address and third party account number. They accepted the package, provided me a copy of the shipping slip. I lost my copy which had the tracking number.

Package has not been delivered to Nintendo. Purolator cannot track it without a tracking number. They are unable to look up anything on their system with my name, address, the third party shipping account number.

I went back to shipping centre and they stated they don't keep records of anything that uses a third party shipping account # (are you kidding me?!?!) Called Purolator again who said there was nothing entered into their system with my information.

So my information wasn't entered, no way to find this package and I'm out a couple hundred bucks.
Dec 18, 2017
916 posts
519 upvotes
London, On
harman_21 wrote: Before I begin venting: I lost the tracking number and that is my fault. But, I didn't know that a company of this size is utterly useless without a tracking number.

I dropped off a package at a Purolator Shipping Centre on or around November 19th. It was four joy-con controllers for the Nintendo Switch to be repaired. I filled out a shipping slip with the address and third party account number. They accepted the package, provided me a copy of the shipping slip. I lost my copy which had the tracking number.

Package has not been delivered to Nintendo. Purolator cannot track it without a tracking number. They are unable to look up anything on their system with my name, address, the third party shipping account number.

I went back to shipping centre and they stated they don't keep records of anything that uses a third party shipping account # (are you kidding me?!?!) Called Purolator again who said there was nothing entered into their system with my information.

So my information wasn't entered, no way to find this package and I'm out a couple hundred bucks.
If you filled out a manual slip instead of used a computer, then the local shipping office would have sent that off to wherever the billing department is, so they wouldn't have a copy there. You would probably need to call their 888 number and have them start a search based on your info and where it's going if you have that. That won't be a quick process at this time of year I imagine. It's quite possible that the package is sitting in a queue in Nintendo's warehouse and they just haven't got around to entering it into their system. I sent a Wii in for repair several years ago and after a month of them not having any info to tell me about it, it showed up repaired.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2140 posts
1067 upvotes
London
harman_21 wrote: Before I begin venting: I lost the tracking number and that is my fault. But, I didn't know that a company of this size is utterly useless without a tracking number.

try calling Nintendo back and ask to speak with a manger. they should be able to check there purolator account and find the shipment charged to there account. nintendos customer service is pretty top notch they will probably just ship u some new ones if u complain enough. tbh idk why Nintendo don't just email pre paid labels that u just print off like pretty much every other company does there way of telling u to go in and fill papers out with there account number is so 90s.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto

Hello Harman,

Please send us your address information through email at customer.care@purolator.com.
We can try looking to see if anything with your address as the sender is in our system.
Thank you, Vanessa/Customer Care Team
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Nov 8, 2013
535 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Been having the worst experience with Purolator also. My shipment from Sony which shipped on Tuesday (Jan 28, 2020) is stuck in the status "Shipping Label Created." I talked to Purolator, and they said they have not yet receieved the package/have any tracking info on it. I contacted Sony, for them to tell me that they have indeed shipped the package and contacted Purolator who said they will look into it and update the status in 1-2 business days. This item is supposed to be next day delivery, so either Purolator lost it or didn't scan it, but it definitely isn't here. Sony claims Purolator picks up their packages from them and that shipment was indeed given to them, they don't know what happened from there.

So either Purolator will 'find it' or Sony will have to re-ship? They seem hesitant on doing that until Purolator investigates, either way, my next day delivery might not come for another month. Will definitely avoid Purolator in the future.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2140 posts
1067 upvotes
London
DreamSanctuary wrote: Been having the worst experience with Purolator also. My shipment from Sony which shipped on Tuesday (Jan 28, 2020) is stuck in the status "Shipping Label Created." I talked to Purolator, and they said they have not yet receieved the package/have any tracking info on it. I contacted Sony, for them to tell me that they have indeed shipped the package and contacted Purolator who said they will look into it and update the status in 1-2 business days. This item is supposed to be next day delivery, so either Purolator lost it or didn't scan it, but it definitely isn't here. Sony claims Purolator picks up their packages from them and that shipment was indeed given to them, they don't know what happened from there.

So either Purolator will 'find it' or Sony will have to re-ship? They seem hesitant on doing that until Purolator investigates, either way, my next day delivery might not come for another month. Will definitely avoid Purolator in the future.
a lot of times companies can be to cheap to pay for daily pick up so could be there pick up day just hasn't came yet give it a few days.
Dec 18, 2017
916 posts
519 upvotes
London, On
DreamSanctuary wrote: Been having the worst experience with Purolator also. My shipment from Sony which shipped on Tuesday (Jan 28, 2020) is stuck in the status "Shipping Label Created." I talked to Purolator, and they said they have not yet receieved the package/have any tracking info on it. I contacted Sony, for them to tell me that they have indeed shipped the package and contacted Purolator who said they will look into it and update the status in 1-2 business days. This item is supposed to be next day delivery, so either Purolator lost it or didn't scan it, but it definitely isn't here. Sony claims Purolator picks up their packages from them and that shipment was indeed given to them, they don't know what happened from there.

I pin this on Sony. Long odds the item didn't get one single scan anywhere, so I doubt it's been sent yet.
Nov 8, 2013
535 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto, ON
djeffery wrote: I pin this on Sony. Long odds the item didn't get one single scan anywhere, so I doubt it's been sent yet.
Nope, it was definitely Purolator as yesterday I ended up with a random bunch of out of order scans. Like a few scans of it arriving and departing the sort facility and then a picked up by Purolator scan later, all within a 1 minute period. Anyway, now that they acknowledged they received it the estimated next day delivery was set for today (Jan 31st). Purolator now blames weather issues (what weather issues?) for the delay so they can have until Monday. It was shipped last Tuesday. Growing very frustrated with them as it would have been quicker just re-ordering the item.
Jul 18, 2005
361 posts
81 upvotes
"mechanical delay" yet again. Yeah right, Purolator. **** outta here.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Constellation wrote: "mechanical delay" yet again. Yeah right, Purolator. **** outta here.
Hello Constellation,

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with.
We are available by email at customer.care@purolator.com.

Thank you,
Vanessa/Customer Care Team
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Sep 5, 2017
433 posts
227 upvotes
The only complaint I've never had is them, or any other separate delivery company, not understanding the concept of Canada Post Flexdelivery... They see PO box addresses and automatically assume it's a lock and key situation, which is fair except when even upon contacting them once I realize who is shipping and explaining that no key is required, they still have no idea what to do with this info even today. It's been around for at least a year now, can they maybe get with the times especially when specifically explained?

I had to drive across the city not that long ago to their main office to pick up what very well should have been able to be left 5 minutes away...

This particular item was from toys r us... It would also help if sellers would state who their shipper is up front, but they don't they just ask for address and payment info, leaving you on your own if you already input your Flexdelivery address as the delivery address while paying for your item despite it not being handled by Canada Post. They should reject all po box addresses instantly but they don't

I just don't want things sitting all day on the porch, how hard is that for them to understand?

Things could use more specific details on both ends
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2140 posts
1067 upvotes
London
pawprints86 wrote: The only complaint I've never had is them, or any other separate delivery company, not understanding the concept of Canada Post Flexdelivery... They see PO box addresses and automatically assume it's a lock and key situation, which is fair except when even upon contacting them once I realize who is shipping and explaining that no key is required, they still have no idea what to do with this info even today. It's been around for at least a year now, can they maybe get with the times especially when specifically explained?

I had to drive across the city not that long ago to their main office to pick up what very well should have been able to be left 5 minutes away...

This particular item was from toys r us... It would also help if sellers would state who their shipper is up front, but they don't they just ask for address and payment info, leaving you on your own if you already input your Flexdelivery address as the delivery address while paying for your item despite it not being handled by Canada Post. They should reject all po box addresses instantly but they don't

I just don't want things sitting all day on the porch, how hard is that for them to understand?

Things could use more specific details on both ends
a flex delivery number is not an address how do u expect them to know where to take it canada post only knows were the place is to take the packages. when things like this happens though when the package reaches the local depot they should call u and ask for your home address then they should bring it the next day.
Sep 5, 2017
433 posts
227 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: a flex delivery number is not an address how do u expect them to know where to take it canada post only knows were the place is to take the packages. when things like this happens though when the package reaches the local depot they should call u and ask for your home address then they should bring it the next day.
It is an address... Do you have one? It even says which Canada post office it goes to which anyone can figure out if they take 2 seconds "NameHere Mall" with the actual name of a local mall... You'd have to be a pretty big idiot to not be able to figure that out especially when you're local...

But no they never called, I had to call them to find out where it was... If nobody is home they would have just had another failed delivery and sent it back so I picked it up to end the hassle... But I really shouldn't have had to especially with having called prior to give specific instruction about it not being a real po box and where to bring it...