Purolator Shipping Support Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 10:48 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2140 posts
1067 upvotes
London
pawprints86 wrote: It is an address... Do you have one? It even says which Canada post office it goes to which anyone can figure out if they take 2 seconds "NameHere Mall" with the actual name of a local mall... You'd have to be a pretty big idiot to not be able to figure that out especially when you're local...

But no they never called, I had to call them to find out where it was... If nobody is home they would have just had another failed delivery and sent it back so I picked it up to end the hassle... But I really shouldn't have had to especially with having called prior to give specific instruction about it not being a real po box and where to bring it...
yes i have one... and if u read the rules for flex delivery it tells u postal shipments only..
Sep 5, 2017
433 posts
227 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: yes i have one... and if u read the rules for flex delivery it tells u postal shipments only..
But its a big problem when it's not specified by the seller until after the sale is complete and that wrong address is put in for things that aren't Canada Post, whether it's a big company or a person off eBay... You never know until the process starts

What's really stupid is ups won't deliver to that Flexdelivery address, but guess where they bring it if you're not home?? Same exact place!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2140 posts
1067 upvotes
London
pawprints86 wrote: But its a big problem when it's not specified by the seller until after the sale is complete and that wrong address is put in for things that aren't Canada Post, whether it's a big company or a person off eBay... You never know until the process starts

What's really stupid is ups won't deliver to that Flexdelivery address, but guess where they bring it if you're not home?? Same exact place!
ups can redirect packages to access points they have them located all over the place if u sign up for ups my choice u can do it online or u can call them to do it. fedex also has similar pick up spots that are located in local shops. puro can also redirect them to purolator stores if there is one closer to the main depot u just have to call them and ask them to take it to the location u want.
Dec 18, 2017
916 posts
519 upvotes
London, On
I fail to see how it's a Purolator or UPS issue when the shipper is sending to a PO Box. Perhaps the shipping software should automatically reject a PO Box being inputted, not sure if that's possible or not. Or perhaps you as the customer of the shipper should specify upfront with them which shipping company they are going to use so you can provide the proper address.
Oct 5, 2005
598 posts
185 upvotes
PurolatorHelp wrote: Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about damages to your shipment.
If you require further assistance with this item please email us at customer.care@purolator.com.

Thank-you,
Vanessa A
Customer Care Team
Coordinator - Social Media & Testing
www.purolator.com
Yeah... Actually I TRIED to get help, but your colleagues threatened to call the police on me instead.

Here's the longer version: I bought some baby furniture from Best Buy. I stayed home the day Purolator was supposed to deliver. Never showed. Opened the door that evening and saw the pick up your stuff note. Odd, since nobody rang the doorbell the entire day. Anyways, I drove to the local Purolator depot, which is on the other side of the city, to pick it up.

I get there, give the slip, girl tells me to go to side door, since they're larger items. Exit and drive to side door. Girl from front opens door and she asks me to sign for items. I see the first package (baby crib) behind her and assume the smaller package (rocker) was behind it. Disclaimer I'm about to sign says make sure to inspect before you sign, but I was at the Purolator depot, surely if there were any issues with the packages they'd tell me first. I sign then load the first box into the van. Then turn back to the door to get the second box. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

The entire box was destroyed. Top and bottom were completely ripped apart. Every part of the box was either dented, ripped apart or punctured in some way. Like PUROLATOR stock people were playing soccer with fork lifts and my package was the ball. SOMEONE HAD TO TAPE THE ENTIRE THING TOGETHER AFTER THE FACT TO KEEP THE ITEM FROM FALLING OUT. I could literally peel the entire top open and see the item, which at this point most of the packing material had fallen out. The item itself was clearly damaged and scraped beyond belief! How insulting that they thought they could just pawn it off on mr. dopey customer.

"I can't take this. It's completely broken."

"You already signed for it."

"Yeah, but you didn't tell me the condition before I signed. I signed without insisting on inspecting first in good faith. You should have told me it was damaged."

"You signed. You need to take your box."

Like any rational person, I hesitate to take it... if I did, Purolator would be completely absolved of any fault and *I* would then have to clean up the mess, trying to convince Best Buy to accept the garbage return due to shipment damage.

"Couldn't you do something to reverse this? Any way you can help?"

"If you don't leave I'm calling the manager."

Great!! I think to myself--someone who will understand the situation and have some compassion.

"Sure, go get the manager."

She walks away for a few minutes then returns.

"If you don't leave, I'm calling the police."

"????? Where's the manager? I thought you were going to get the manager."

"There's no manager on the weekends."

wtf.

"Look, I'd really appreciate some help, any help with reversing or cancelling this."

"You can call Purolator's customer service."

"But I'm here. YOU ARE supposed to be customer service!"

"I'm calling the police on you."

Well, I won't finish the story, but it goes on. Did not get any better, only worse. I still can't believe nobody at PUROLATOR had the courage to say they messed up or the decency to treat a customer like a human being and instead just continued the immoral arrogance.

So, Vanessa, from Purolator's "customer care team," you're part of the ONLY group at PUROLATOR that is authorized to give a sh!t about customers, do I still need help with this? Yes... and I will until your organization, PUROLATOR, truly apologizes for it's utterly pathetic service. Specifically, did the specific pathetic individuals in your organization involved get the required training to actually be on the front line??

Like I said, PUROLATOR IS A BOTTOM OF THE BARREL SH!T company. You have your work cut out for you.

yo!
Jun 21, 2016
277 posts
86 upvotes
Amazon hasn't sent something Purolator for quite a long time for me, but they did this week. Ordered Sunday and said Wed delivery at time of order. Amazon didn't even ship it until Tuesday, but it did arrive in Vancouver on Wed early morning according to tracking when theflight arrives from back east.

Anyhow Wed afternoon they update to carrier delay and rescheduled for next business day.
Thursday comes never shows out for delivery and eventually updates to rescheduled for next business day
Friday arrives, never shows out for delivery and early afternoon updates to mechanical delay

Only time orders really get messed up is with Purolator, never had this consistently bad service from any other courier company.
Jul 12, 2015
326 posts
109 upvotes
Purolator is consistently awful. UPS will at least knock or ring the bell to let you know the package is outside. Purolator will just throw it at the door...I know, because I have heard my packages hit the door...and take off.

My Amazon package was shipped by Purolator. After it being two days late, I checked on Purolator's site, and it says that it's being returned to the sender due to "address issues". What address issues I asked Purolator? They won't tell you, and they won't explain. Just a curt sorry. It's being returned to the sender. They are the worst.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5693 posts
1169 upvotes
Montreal
My first delivery from Intelcom about 2 years ago was also an address issue. In that case, the issue was that their system couldn't handle a comma in my address. I ended up removing the comma in my Amazon address profile and it fixed it going forward.
Phils
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
512 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
AlexiRos wrote: Purolator is consistently awful. UPS will at least knock or ring the bell to let you know the package is outside. Purolator will just throw it at the door...I know, because I have heard my packages hit the door...and take off.

My Amazon package was shipped by Purolator. After it being two days late, I checked on Purolator's site, and it says that it's being returned to the sender due to "address issues". What address issues I asked Purolator? They won't tell you, and they won't explain. Just a curt sorry. It's being returned to the sender. They are the worst.
Hello Alexi,

Thank you for this feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. If possible, please email us the tracking number and your complete address. We'll look into it and report to local management for internal review.

Regards,
James
Social Media Coordinator // Customer Care Team // Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
Follow us on Twitter : http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp // Visit us on: www.Purolator.com
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Jul 12, 2015
326 posts
109 upvotes
PurolatorHelp wrote: Hello Alexi,

Thank you for this feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. If possible, please email us the tracking number and your complete address. We'll look into it and report to local management for internal review.

Regards,
James
Social Media Coordinator // Customer Care Team // Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
Follow us on Twitter : http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp // Visit us on: www.Purolator.com
I have already done that. I was told this by your rep in an email: "The package was never scanned as an address issue. Amazon had contacted us to have the item returned to the shipper. We never made a delivery attempt as they wanted the delivery stopped."

I went back to Amazon about this, and they said that is absolutely not true. They never put in a request to get the items sent back. They said it's Purolator who refused to deliver the order.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1089 posts
2457 upvotes
I am so fed up with Purolator. I've always had issues with them not bothering to even ring my buzzer or more recently for the past couple years, the error "Address correction required - no entry code".

I'm not sure why it only ever happens with Purolator that they can't bother to spend the 20 seconds to look at the very small directory of names of my townhouse complex to find my buzzer code. UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Canada Post, none of them have ever once had this issue. It's just Purolator.

So infuriating. I've already asked Amazon to stop using them for my packages but some other retailers use them. Every time I have a package being shipped by Purolator I basically expect to not receive it for several days and either have to pick it up myself or wait several days for delivery to be reattempted.
May 22, 2012
639 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
I'm with you guys, Purolator is the worst.

Monday, 20 April
4:31 PM
Delivery attempted - Business closed
SCARBOROUGH, ON CA

Thursday, 30 April
3:47 PM
Delivery attempted - Business closed
SCARBOROUGH, ON CA

I know for a fact no delivery was attempted. I've been working from home for these 2 supposed missed deliveries and no note left behind, also have a SNR. My desk faces a window that over looks the street, I can see when a delivery truck shows up, I usually beat the driver to the front door. Even scrolled through my security cams just in case I missed it...

I tried a live chat for the first one and was told they would redeliver but they are backed up because of covid-19, thats understandable, but nothing has been updated on their tracking site and its been 10days! bs
Jun 16, 2020
1 posts
I would to like give Purolator 0 stars!!
Very disappointing as this has happened before...
I ordered an item on Friday which was supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Tuesday I stayed home day and called them at 3pm to make sure it was scheduled to arrive and they said yes before 9pm. At 8:15pm I checked the tracking again and it said , wrong address, “Address Correction Required”. Which is BS because it was the correct address and the call centre google mapped it and saw it right away. I checked on mt cctv cameras and there was no delivery truck on my street on anywhere near my house that day. I asked them to leave it at the depot so I can pickup the next day. At 7:15am the next day, I called again to confirm I can pickup that day. They confirmed and said I would get a call when its scanned and ready for pickup. At 10:30am, I checked tracking again and it said “Out for Delivery”. WTF!!! Now, Im here waiting again and wondering if it will arrive. This was an important part to be installed at a clients up north 2 hrs away. Missed two days waiting for the part and still no update. No compensation from Purolator. They absolutely suck! And I will never ever use them again!!
No ownership in any of this!
Jul 8, 2020
1 posts
Puro-later does suck. Its a broke ass ghetto delivery service. If it wasn't for Amazon they'd probably be out of business. They get paid to not deliver your package. I hate it when things get shipped via Puro-LATER. I know they will be late and its going to be a hassle.

1) Delivery is never on-time.

2) You have to wait to catch the driver because they never actually ring or knock on your door. They will card you every single time. I'm not sure if this is due to workload overloading or laziness.. but its the real deal!

3) If you don't catch the driver in the 15 seconds he walks up your drive to tag your door and get carded, then you have to drive to Timbucktoo to pick up your package because they don't have neighborhood depots like everyone else.

4) They often fake "attempted deliveries".

In short avoid Puro-LATER like a plague. There are many better courier and delivery services that want to deliver you package.
Nov 30, 2010
94 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there an effective way to log a complaint with Purolator?

They have one of the worst delivery services.

The drivers never ring doorbell and drop packages on my porch with little care.