Expired Hot Deals

[Purplebricks] Purplebricks Promo Code: SaveMore2021

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2021 9:18 pm
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 12, 2018
61 posts
354 upvotes

Purplebricks Promo Code: SaveMore2021

Deal Link:
Savings:
$100 off
Retailer:
Purplebricks
Promo Code: SaveMore2021

YMMV however it worked for me this morning. Probably going to get a lot of salty realtors downvoting but worth it for anyone looking to save commission fees!
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 8th, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added url
155 replies
Member
Feb 22, 2018
270 posts
282 upvotes
gta
No info in the post and heard of people having bad experiences w/ purple bricks so easy downvote.
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2018
185 posts
272 upvotes
JACliffe wrote: No info in the post and heard of people having bad experiences w/ purple bricks so easy downvote.
You're a bad ass!
Member
User avatar
Sep 10, 2007
205 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
Friends don't let friends use PurpleBricks...
Mortgage Expert - DLC Kardia Mortgage
Member
User avatar
Oct 30, 2017
292 posts
312 upvotes
London, ON
Only $100 off? lol
GTA housing is average 1 million + commissions for the agent is about 2.5% so they make about $25,000

Edit...just saw this on their website:
Everything you need to sell – for less than $3,000
Only $499 up front and $2,499 when you successfully sell.

That's actually not a bad price for agent fee
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3354 posts
4502 upvotes
Edmonton
Purplebricks sold to Desjardins after only a couple years in the market because they couldn't make any money Face With Tears Of Joy
Newbie
Feb 18, 2021
61 posts
217 upvotes
How are people ok with paying tens of thousands to realtors who do very little work? Maybe lazy boomers figure it's ok since their house price tripled in value.... I would totally use Purplebricks to sell, or some other alternative, but not a price gouging realtor.
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2017
175 posts
221 upvotes
JACliffe wrote: heard of people having bad experiences w/ purple bricks
Can you explain a little bit what kind of bad experience? Genuinely curious.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3273 posts
3825 upvotes
Oakville
Bullsigh wrote: Promo Code: SaveMore2021

YMMV however it worked for me this morning. Probably going to get a lot of salty realtors downvoting but worth it for anyone looking to save commission fees!
I have personally used purple bricks.
Had a great experience, I saved $12,000 compared to going through a realtor.

I spent less than 16 hours of my time in total from start to finish.

Highly recommend using them to list your house on MLS.

My house sold for more than my neighbor using Sutton Realty, and I actively was able to highlight my house better than any agent.

If you arent someone who can negotiate or handle a lot of phone calls or like things served to you on a platter, then stick with using a realtor. Otherwise, there's substantial savings for listing a house with purple bricks.

I have met only a handful of listing agents that are worth paying, because they have thorough experience on reacting to market conditions, how to handle bully offers, how to put up with wishy washy buyers, to add and remove clauses from the agreement, etc...but the majority of agents (in Ontario) are fresh of the boat/highschool graduates looking to make a quick buck, and the industry is plagued with unethical behaviour. TREB is fully aware and they have tribunal meetings to punish those agents, however, it's something vto be aware of.

There's plenty of honest agents too, but that's not enough, you need someone very experienced who understands the value of a home and how to sell it. Using historical house prices and common things like hardwood vs carpet upgrades any knuckle head who can count to 10 can do.

I apologize in advance if I've offended any good Realtors, that's not my purpose, but you know your industry has dire issues that need to be addressed, and am just warning others to tread carefully or sell on their own using purple bricks or any service for that matter.

Last point: you do not need to be or have an agent to buy or sell a house in Canada. You can do it on your own. Also MLS house price data is now publically available so you can check the value houses are selling for without purple bricks or a realtor.

If anyone in Ontario needs free help on how to do it on your own, I'd be happy to help.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
2137 posts
1721 upvotes
Waterloo
All the RFD real estate agents downvoting the thread lmao
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2004
2279 posts
1941 upvotes
Mississauga
zdpz wrote: I have personally used purple bricks.
Had a great experience, I saved $12,000 compared to going through a realtor.

I spent less than 16 hours of my time in total from start to finish.

Highly recommend using them to list your house on MLS.

My house sold for more than my neighbor using Sutton Realty, and I actively was able to highlight my house better than any agent.

If you arent someone who can negotiate or handle a lot of phone calls or like things served to you on a platter, then stick with using a realtor. Otherwise, there's substantial savings for listing a house with purple bricks.

I have met only a handful of listing agents that are worth paying, because they have thorough experience on reacting to market conditions, how to handle bully offers, how to put up with wishy washy buyers, to add and remove clauses from the agreement, etc...but the majority of agents (in Ontario) are fresh of the boat/highschool graduates looking to make a quick buck, and the industry is plagued with unethical behaviour. TREB is fully aware and they have tribunal meetings to punish those agents, however, it's something vto be aware of.

There's plenty of honest agents too, but that's not enough, you need someone very experienced who understands the value of a home and how to sell it. Using historical house prices and common things like hardwood vs carpet upgrades any knuckle head who can count to 10 can do.

I apologize in advance if I've offended any good Realtors, that's not my purpose, but you know your industry has dire issues that need to be addressed, and am just warning others to tread carefully or sell on their own using purple bricks or any service for that matter.

Last point: you do not need to be or have an agent to buy or sell a house in Canada. You can do it on your own. Also MLS house price data is now publically available so you can check the value houses are selling for without purple bricks or a realtor.

If anyone in Ontario needs free help on how to do it on your own, I'd be happy to help.
Did you offer a co-operating commission? If so, how much?

Assuming that one would still offer the co-operating brokerage the typical commission, the total savings here would likely be 1% of the purchase price minus $3k (since many selling agents offer a 1% commission), correct?
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 12, 2018
61 posts
354 upvotes
JACliffe wrote: No info in the post and heard of people having bad experiences w/ purple bricks so easy downvote.
Not sure how much more info you require? It's a promo code... I've sold homes with Comfree and Purplebricks with absolutely no regrets. Comfree was wayyy more hands on and I had to do everything myself; however it only cost $895. Purplebricks is now through an agent so it's dumbed down for the average seller. The lawyers do all the real paperwork, Realtors legit just send you automated Purchase and Sale agreements through Authentisign and pretend to be your best friend.

If you want to spend 2.5% for that kind of service, this post isn't for you.

If anyone has any constructive questions, I'll do my best to answer !
Member
User avatar
Aug 24, 2015
395 posts
1271 upvotes
AB
Has anyone ever obtained their real estate licence just to save the commission on buying/selling their place? Seems like a RFDer thing to do to save the $20,000 lost on commissions.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3273 posts
3825 upvotes
Oakville
Blubbs wrote: Purplebricks sold to Desjardins after only a couple years in the market because they couldn't make any money Face With Tears Of Joy
Exactly, because they aren't ripping off people like Realtors.

Average house price is $1,000,000.00
Average listing commission is 2% ( some do 1% but won't stage, won't cover house preinsoectiob, no brochures, and will be bare minimum listing)

Selling agents earn $10,000-$25000 per house sold.

They give a portion of their commission to their brokerage higher up their pyramid chain, but still don't do much.

Phone calls are handled by a call receiving center for several agents for multiple properties.

The actual agent work is listing on MLS, and communicating to you whatever offers they get. Less than 4 hours of work, and they earn $6,000-$18000 after paying fees and taxes for each Sale.

Now you know why everyone and their cousins gardener 8s out there becoming a realtor. Easy money. Just hard to find clients to Rip off. ..successful agents make $250,000+ year, and do very little.

Sellers are told that you pay us with the buyers money so it won't cost you anything, I'll get you the best offer so hire me. Buyers are told by buying agents, the seller will pay my commission, sign up with me I'm working for free for you, won't cost you a dime. Yet both buyer and seller are paying .


I buy houses without agents a negotiate the buyer commission of 2.5% for myself. I face pushback where the listing agent tries to take it for their self, but I have literally gone directly to the seller and informed them, and have found out on two occasions the selling agent never even told them about my offer. In on case it lead to the seller suing them as they sold to a lower bidder (which netted the listing agent a higher pay out because he got the buying agents commission). The seller won of course.

These are the things you need to be aware of.
Don't fall pray to scare tactics.

Real estate lawyers are there to help you and that's what you pay then for. They can modify your agreement before signing to reflect any special clauses you want for $250. Still less than the $10,000 you'll pay to your agent.


Good luck folks Slightly Smiling Face
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2061 posts
552 upvotes
Vaughan
I used a service similar to purple bricks in the past. I pocketed about 25k more than my neighbor who was selling at the same time, who ended up having to pay the agent about 35k plus taxes (yes you pay taxes on agent fees as well). I also sold faster. Service fees at the time cost me $1000 and they did enough work to earn that money. Although stressful (as expected since you are selling your home), I would do it again.
Sr. Member
Dec 12, 2003
744 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
Have also personally used Purplebricks. Will never go with a realtor again. You'll save tens of thousands of dollars.

Most of the negative reviews are from realtors.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3273 posts
3825 upvotes
Oakville
SkiLLz wrote: Did you offer a co-operating commission? If so, how much?

Assuming that one would still offer the co-operating brokerage the typical commission, the total savings here would likely be 1% of the purchase price minus $3k (since many selling agents offer a 1% commission), correct?
I offerrd 2 5% to buying agents to attract a lot of interest and showings to get a bidding war, and the higher resale value covered to $25k I paid to the buying agent.

But if I was the buyer, I would go with my own offer and split the 2.5% with the seller which makes my offer much better than a competing offer of same value because the agent Takes a cut.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Newbie
Feb 4, 2017
49 posts
120 upvotes
Used purple bricks last month to sell one of townhouse’s. Had multiple offers and got $130K over asking. Saved over $40Gs in commission.
Market in hot in Ottawa. No need for an agent.
Jr. Member
Jul 3, 2014
111 posts
132 upvotes
BC
SkiLLz wrote: Did you offer a co-operating commission? If so, how much?

Assuming that one would still offer the co-operating brokerage the typical commission, the total savings here would likely be 1% of the purchase price minus $3k (since many selling agents offer a 1% commission), correct?
zdpz wrote: I have personally used purple bricks.
Had a great experience, I saved $12,000 compared to going through a realtor.

I spent less than 16 hours of my time in total from start to finish.

Highly recommend using them to list your house on MLS.

My house sold for more than my neighbor using Sutton Realty, and I actively was able to highlight my house better than any agent.

If you arent someone who can negotiate or handle a lot of phone calls or like things served to you on a platter, then stick with using a realtor. Otherwise, there's substantial savings for listing a house with purple bricks.

I have met only a handful of listing agents that are worth paying, because they have thorough experience on reacting to market conditions, how to handle bully offers, how to put up with wishy washy buyers, to add and remove clauses from the agreement, etc...but the majority of agents (in Ontario) are fresh of the boat/highschool graduates looking to make a quick buck, and the industry is plagued with unethical behaviour. TREB is fully aware and they have tribunal meetings to punish those agents, however, it's something vto be aware of.

There's plenty of honest agents too, but that's not enough, you need someone very experienced who understands the value of a home and how to sell it. Using historical house prices and common things like hardwood vs carpet upgrades any knuckle head who can count to 10 can do.

I apologize in advance if I've offended any good Realtors, that's not my purpose, but you know your industry has dire issues that need to be addressed, and am just warning others to tread carefully or sell on their own using purple bricks or any service for that matter.

Last point: you do not need to be or have an agent to buy or sell a house in Canada. You can do it on your own. Also MLS house price data is now publically available so you can check the value houses are selling for without purple bricks or a realtor.

If anyone in Ontario needs free help on how to do it on your own, I'd be happy to help.
Interested about this too. If/how much you paid the buyers agent commission.

Top