• Jul 23rd, 2020 10:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 1, 2002
233 posts
66 upvotes

PVC to ABS

Hi,

What's the best way to connect a 3" ABS pipe to 4" PVC, this joint will be buried in soil?

Long story: Bought a remote property that once had house on it that was connected to a lagoon with the 4" PVC pipe for septic. Have had lagoon / piping checked out and everything is good. I've put a small cabin on the lot and want to connect it to the lagoon. Cabin package comes with a 3" ABS pipe that I need to connect to the 4" PVC. There seem to be many options and I just want to do it right...

Thanks in advance.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7236 posts
2823 upvotes
GTA
Buggie wrote: What's the best way to connect a 3" ABS pipe to 4" PVC, this joint will be buried in soil?
Best would be the 3" abs pipe going into a cleanout that is 3" on top side and 4" on bottom, that would be located right before the pipe enters soil. From there a 4" 90* long sweep abs fitting...then then 4" abs pipe runs to 4" pvc and is connected with transition coupling (sized for abs one side/pvc other side). Use correct cleaner & transition cement on pvc/abs joint. If local big box store doesn't have transition coupling they have a ring that fits in couplings to take up space.
[OP]
Mar 1, 2002
233 posts
66 upvotes
Zamboni wrote: Best would be the 3" abs pipe going into a cleanout that is 3" on top side and 4" on bottom, that would be located right before the pipe enters soil. From there a 4" 90* long sweep abs fitting...then then 4" abs pipe runs to 4" pvc and is connected with transition coupling (sized for abs one side/pvc other side). Use correct cleaner & transition cement on pvc/abs joint. If local big box store doesn't have transition coupling they have a ring that fits in couplings to take up space.
Thanks!, this helps. Just ordered everything from HD.