Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Q Solutions Acacia Straight Cut Solid Surface Kitchen Countertop - 74" x 40" x 1"

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 3:53 pm
Mar 23, 2017
225 posts
198 upvotes
Very tempted for a standing desk, would fit in my office room but is a little shorter than the two ikea tabletops I have now. Heavily debating.
Oct 21, 2018
108 posts
157 upvotes
ReAder wrote: Solid wood countertop. Different clearance prices at different locations, Maple location has it for $46.
Came back from Maple store just now. Cashier scanned full price wouldn't let me check out at $46 and her manager said that price was at another closing store but wouldn't say where. Total bs.
Jul 8, 2008
834 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Dealchaser007 wrote: I use this with my computer desk, love it.
Care to share a photo to see how it looks? TIA
Mar 23, 2017
225 posts
198 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Polyurethane is just to seal the wood and stain from liquids penetrating into the wood like water, oil, etc. Polyurethane does add a scratch resistant barrier but it does not help with dents and chips as these are based solely on the wood only. This is a laminated top so makes sense it will dent and chip easily.

Think of it like clear coat on your car, protects the paint but as for dents and chips the clear coat wont help with that.
I might try giving it one of those clear epoxy resin coatings. I had an Acacia bed frame and it is definitely soft. The resin will cost as much as the table, but under 200 is still good for a top this size. Going to be on the lookout for desk frames on black Friday.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2451 posts
1154 upvotes
Mississauga
NevAnEver wrote: Came back from Maple store just now. Cashier scanned full price wouldn't let me check out at $46 and her manager said that price was at another closing store but wouldn't say where. Total bs.
Saved me a trip out there
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
[OP]
Mar 23, 2013
110 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
What if you buy online and do ISPU ? My online order is ready for pick-up now at South Etobicoke - should be a matter of showing ID and picking up.

There was another $5 off coupon.

Debating whether to get it now. Was also at IKEA looking at the Karlby top - it looks nice, but its veneered vs. " solid".

I would rather get actual hardwood but its hard to source cost effectively.
Jan 29, 2004
252 posts
202 upvotes
NevAnEver wrote: Came back from Maple store just now. Cashier scanned full price wouldn't let me check out at $46 and her manager said that price was at another closing store but wouldn't say where. Total bs.
I just got back from picking mine up from Maple after ordering online, no issues whatsoever.
Jul 21, 2015
266 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ReAder wrote: I just got back from picking mine up from Maple after ordering online, no issues whatsoever.
How long did it take your order to confirm after ordering online? I did it today, e-mail says up to 14 days(!), but I hope that was from the height of covid madness, and its much faster now?
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11715 posts
6641 upvotes
Markham
razorblade2099 wrote: I have one that I've been using as a desk for the last 5 months. Wouldn't recommend. The wood is very soft.
Get a tempered glass top for it.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11715 posts
6641 upvotes
Markham
robbiemurray wrote: Any reason i couldn’t/wouldn’t cut these and make shelves off these?
You can do whatever you want with it, no one is gonna stop you.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jan 29, 2004
252 posts
202 upvotes
antithesis99 wrote: How long did it take your order to confirm after ordering online? I did it today, e-mail says up to 14 days(!), but I hope that was from the height of covid madness, and its much faster now?
Just a few hours, usually it’s faster though.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2013
110 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Just picked up at South Etobicoke. 4 others did this morning.

They are all in the back inventory.
Nov 8, 2010
92 posts
12 upvotes
Well I’m sad, I’m in Quebec no Lowe’s here and I actually need an acacia countertop for a desk I’m building (normally use maple or other native wood but I’m curious about acacia and was looking forward to using a tabletop for my new work from home desk)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9056 posts
1220 upvotes
man got to measure internal dimensions of my car... such a fantastic deal, and great timing. Really need to get a decent desk for home... this will make a great top.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Jan 14, 2008
430 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
maple location cancelled my in store pickup order

those in the area should probably pick it up and use the self checkouts
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44749 posts
5333 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gc99 wrote: maple location cancelled my in store pickup order

Earlier reports mentioned they scan at full price at the cashier, so that won't work.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9056 posts
1220 upvotes
Oh damn, just placed a $200 order... guess it'll get cancelled.
gc99 wrote: maple location cancelled my in store pickup order

...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
[OP]
Mar 23, 2013
110 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like all 25 were ordered at South Etobicoke.