Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Q Solutions Acacia Straight Cut Solid Surface Kitchen Countertop - 74" x 40" x 1"

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2021 1:43 am
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2006
1844 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
In for 2. Sent you a PM Midevilshadow.

On a related note- anyone know where I can have wood cut to size and the cost associated as well?
Last edited by liquidimpulse on Nov 5th, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: liquidimpulse
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
Midevilshadow wrote: I was going to privately message everyone for the Toronto group buy but there's a limit of recipients so I'll just share this link here instead --REMOVED--

And then PM me with your name and email for a followup afterwards

Edit: Currently at 6... will wait until the end of day to try to reach 10

Edit2: We've reached 13 now, so I think I'm going to cut it off here. I doubt anyone of us want to store any more than that in their garage.
ah man. missed it while having lunch
Jul 4, 2005
968 posts
180 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: ah man. missed it while having lunch
We are at 12/13 currently not counting yourself. If there is more interest from 6 or so others maybe we can split this up into 2 separate group buys?
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
Jon Lai wrote: Lamination of wood is used to describe the gluing of wood layers only, not butt joints. If the full depth of the wood top is one piece, then it should not be considered a laminated piece.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... ted%20wood
Yeah ok dude...you went from not being able to read what I wrote to posting a dictionary link for what you think lamination is. Thank God for Google. Walk into any woodworking shop and ask them what they understand by laminating 2 pieces of wood. As long as the pieces are glued with the grain parallel it is considered lamination. Thickness does not matter. I am done with you and your internet browsing knowledge of woodwork and terminology.
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
Midevilshadow wrote: We are at 12/13 currently not counting yourself. If there is more interest from 6 or so others maybe we can split this up into 2 separate group buys?
can u keep me tentative.
i'M in brampton. if needed can make space in garage. for 10/13 units.
Dec 5, 2004
137 posts
86 upvotes
antithesis99 wrote: So had anyone cut this down and seen if it’s solid or not?
Picked mine up for a table top and wondering how it looks inside
I've cut mine and it's solid. It isn't a veneer on top.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dilligafeh wrote: Yeah ok dude...you went from not being able to read what I wrote to posting a dictionary link for what you think lamination is. Thank God for Google. Walk into any woodworking shop and ask them what they understand by laminating 2 pieces of wood. As long as the pieces are glued with the grain parallel it is considered lamination. Thickness does not matter. I am done with you and your internet browsing knowledge of woodwork and terminology.
If that's the case then why do the reviews on the Lowe's website all state that this is incorrectly labelled as laminated wood?

It's not what I think laminated wood is - it's what the rest of the world thinks what laminated wood is. If your definition is the popular opinion, then you wouldn't have people asking whether it is solid or not.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: If that's the case then why do the reviews on the Lowe's website all state that this is incorrectly labelled as laminated wood?

It's not what I think laminated wood is - it's what the rest of the world thinks what laminated wood is. If your definition is the popular opinion, then you wouldn't have people asking whether it is solid or not.
There's a difference been laminate and laminated. Ones a product and ones a process.

No reviews claim this is laminate, it's the exact opposite.
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
Midevilshadow wrote: We are at 12/13 currently not counting yourself. If there is more interest from 6 or so others maybe we can split this up into 2 separate group buys?
Thank you for organizing the group buy.
Dec 11, 2009
300 posts
127 upvotes
Brampton
My order in Vaughan got cancelled today (no stock)
I'm in for group buy if you guys can make it happen.
I'm in Brampton / Woodbridge area.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kasakato wrote: There's a difference been laminate and laminated. Ones a product and ones a process.

No reviews claim this is laminate, it's the exact opposite.
From the description:

Acacia Straight Cut Solid Surface Kitchen Countertop
Solid wood Acacia
Laminate top

From the reviews:

Just installed and ripped it down the center.

This is Not Laminate, it is solid wood and a great product

As many pointed out, the website is wrong.
Tons of things for sale!
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: From the description:

Acacia Straight Cut Solid Surface Kitchen Countertop
Solid wood Acacia
Laminate top

From the reviews:

Just installed and ripped it down the center.

This is Not Laminate, it is solid wood and a great product

As many pointed out, the website is wrong.
So where does the site say "laminated wood"?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kasakato wrote: So where does the site say "laminated wood"?
It's the same thing. One is past tense.

"Laminated wood is wood that has been cut into thin layers, then glued together with the grain running parallel in each layer."

We're not talking about "wood laminate" here, which is typically plastic flooring that looks like wood.
Tons of things for sale!
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: It's the same thing. One is past tense.

"Laminated wood is wood that has been cut into thin layers, then glued together with the grain running parallel in each layer."

We're not talking about "wood laminate" here, which is typically plastic flooring that looks like wood.
Oh boy. Better go back to google.
Jul 4, 2005
968 posts
180 upvotes
seafish wrote: For people who still want several of those for cheap (or can find someone for group buy) there's a path to order it with Maple store pricing ($46 each) + pay truck delivery fee ($70 for the whole order)
If you order 10 of those then you can get $40 off coupon to eat up some of the delivery fee. The more you order the bigger discount can be.
How many you can order depends on how many stores within 100 km radius have them.
I'm not 100% sure if Lowes will fulfill though as I've never ordered with truck delivery yet.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=lws&prod=5637256759
Still, almost 300 left around Canada
We just learned the hard way that whichever store your order gets routed to will not honour the price. Our order was cancelled :(
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kasakato wrote: Oh boy. Better go back to google.
I'm not sure I understand how you can claim a term exists when there's no example on the web stating that laminated wood is used to refer to wood butt jointed together. Sure, it may be used locally by certain folks but in most cases, laminated wood is used to refer to wood that has been glued together in layers - for example, bent lamination.

If you read between the lines, many quote laminated wood as "strong". How can laminated wood be strong if it is butt glued together? There's so little surface area for the glue to work its magic. Wood glued together in layers, on the other hand, is mighty strong.
Tons of things for sale!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11431 upvotes
Ottawa
Midevilshadow wrote: We just learned the hard way that whichever store your order gets routed to will not honour the price. Our order was cancelled :(
Yeah, was worth a shot, I guess. I got some items with shipping delivered, but others got cancelled. I placed order for this tabletop as well yesterday, not cancelled yet, but charged on CC. I fully expect it to be cancelled, but who knows.