Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Qantas

Canadian cities to Australia (BNE, SYD, MEL) - $817 to $850 - August 2018 to April 2019

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2018 1:09 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7607 posts
7342 upvotes

Canadian cities to Australia (BNE, SYD, MEL) - $817 to $850 - August 2018 to April 2019

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Qantas
This is $100 cheaper than the YYZ-Oz deal I posted a month ago.

Connect thru LAX via Delta and Virgin Australia. If it's anything like the last deal, watch Qantas pricematch later this week.

EDIT: This is valid for a good dozen Canadian cities.

8/14 edit: So yup - Qantas (finally) dropped their prices even lower than the Virgin Australia/Delta deals. Deals starting from $817 for most Canadian cities. Forgot to add dates for early 2019 also available. Blackout period for Xmas/New Year's and around Australia Day summer holidays in January.
Last edited by Madchester on Aug 15th, 2018 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
23 replies
Nov 22, 2014
611 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP.

Wondering what are the average flight prices for YYZ SYD or Australia cities in general for off peak/shoulder seasons. Thank you if anybody has that info.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1725 posts
1893 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
redflagkiller wrote: Thanks OP.

Wondering what are the average flight prices for YYZ SYD or Australia cities in general for off peak/shoulder seasons. Thank you if anybody has that info.
Just eyeballing Google flights gives me $1600-$2000...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
Oh man, you can get some great prices in November.

Edit: looks like 2 stops though
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8939 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone been before?

Looking for recommendations for 11 days in Australia (Aug 29 - Sept 9) in 3 destinations - Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast.

Fly into Melbourne on Aug 29 morning. Rent car and start coastal road trip/drive to Sydney in 6-7 days. Stay in Sydney for 2-3 days, while spending 1-2 days in Gold Coast (will take domestic flights from Sydney and back). Fly out of Sydney on Sept 9.

Is this feasible? Enough time to sufficiently enjoy all 3 cities and their must-sees? Please advise.
Aug 27, 2012
389 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
MtX wrote: Anyone been before?

Looking for recommendations for 11 days in Australia (Aug 29 - Sept 9) in 3 destinations - Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast.

Fly into Melbourne on Aug 29 morning. Rent car and start coastal road trip/drive to Sydney in 6-7 days. Stay in Sydney for 2-3 days, while spending 1-2 days in Gold Coast (will take domestic flights from Sydney and back). Fly out of Sydney on Sept 9.

Is this feasible? Enough time to sufficiently enjoy all 3 cities and their must-sees? Please advise.
I'm from Melbourne, in my experience, there isn't much to see on the road trip from Melbourne to Sydney, you can stop by Canberra for a day or so, usually i take the fly to Sydney.
I would recommend you to spend 3-4 days in Melbourne, lots of things to explore in the city and around (Have a road trip to Great Ocean Road, you won't be disappointed). Sydney is great, 2-3 days will be enough.
I like Gold Coast, if you have kid, you probably want to take them to Werner Brother Movie World, Sea world etc. What you can do is, take domestic flight to Brisbane, and rent a car to drive to Gold Coast, 80km one way if i remember correctly (you will need a car there).
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1537 posts
1228 upvotes
What's up with the bunch of AU deals that we've been seeing recent weeks especially from the West? Is this a new normal?
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Nov 22, 2014
611 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Searching through past yyzdeals, this seems to be the new norm for flights to Australian cities

http://www.yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-sydn ... -on-qantas

http://www.yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-melb ... ding-taxes
maverikbc wrote: What's up with the bunch of AU deals that we've been seeing recent weeks especially from the West? Is this a new normal?
Feb 2, 2009
293 posts
67 upvotes
Looks like price for Qantas flights went up today, wonder if it'll go back down.
Jun 5, 2017
10 posts
36 upvotes
Yeah I can't see the cheap roundtrip prices anymore. Wonder what happened
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Can I get a refund it the pilot turns out to be John Travolta can I get a refund?
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1855 upvotes
Kingston
hagbard wrote: Can I get a refund it the pilot turns out to be John Travolta can I get a refund?
No, only Harrison Ford due to his record.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
JC69 wrote: No, only Harrison Ford due to his record.
Not likely, only Travolta has worked for Quantas. Tom Cruise or Morgan Freeman might step in.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Feb 29, 2008
407 posts
192 upvotes
GTA
Deal is back on with United. Just booked 6 people to Mel and back from YYZ for $6040 all in CAD
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7607 posts
7342 upvotes
fuzzy2k3 wrote: Deal is back on with United. Just booked 6 people to Mel and back from YYZ for $6040 all in CAD
Yeah I saw all these deals for NYC to Oz this past week and was wondering when it'd apply to Canadian cities as well.
Jul 4, 2018
954 posts
822 upvotes
I think i should be a good son and get my mom a fare to visit her brothers and uncle that she hasnt seen in 25+ yrs. Just need the right timing.
ghnboy wrote: I'm from Melbourne
You left a sunny always great weather city to come my -35 plus windchill igloo weather? You left a city with summer year round to come to a city with a summer of two months?

If it was easy and if i didnt have a family now, i'd likely go to Melbourne to live. Ive been in canada for so long and i love T.O but i can never get used to the long winter season.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
It’s cheaper to fly around the globe than from east to west coast in Canada.

Canadian airlines (including the pretend low cost) are scammers and must be sued!
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)