Expired Hot Deals

Qatar Airways

48 Hour Weekend Sale online fares starting from $795 (includes Maldives)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 11:06 am
[OP]
Jan 17, 2017
210 posts
132 upvotes

48 Hour Weekend Sale online fares starting from $795 (includes Maldives)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 21, 2020
Retailer:
Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways is having a weekend sale for multiple destinations, including Maldives and other Asian/African destinations from Toronto and Montreal. Select your city to check prices, you can search a 15-day window to find cheapest fares.

Qatar Airways allows you to change tickets unlimited times valid for 2 years. They will also refund your ticket if your flight gets cancelled.

People planning to take advantage of Maldives Travelzoo Hotel deal on this thread can also take advantage of this Qatar Airways flight deal.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ca/offe ... ekend.html

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ca/offe ... oston.html
26 replies
Jun 13, 2011
130 posts
324 upvotes
Wonder what the quarantine rules will be during the connecting part. Can we roam around the city.
Nov 29, 2018
101 posts
90 upvotes
So if i purchased a ticket to Thailand in December, and theres no chance of travel. they will refund me?
Aug 12, 2018
60 posts
27 upvotes
Regarding "Unlimited changes Change the date or destination free of charge"

So if I book for a certain period then I decide to change the dates. Do I have to pay for any price difference?
Apr 5, 2010
435 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
Didn’t find anything deal like when I opened their email. Also their website sucks, I always seem to get errors about unable to calculate fare.
Dec 26, 2015
469 posts
387 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Lol flights I was looking at with Qatar was 100 dollar cheaper yesterday.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1059 posts
408 upvotes
Vancouver
I visited Maldives last year. If you're considering flying/staying there, you better make sure you understand that these flight savings are the least of your financial concerns with such a trip.

Unless you stay in Malé (and tbh, why would you even pick Maldives if you're just going to stay in this dingey city), prices for almost any of the pristine islands are astronomical.

It is a Muslim dry country as well. As you can imagine, resorts are still given leeway to dispense alcohol, but you will be isolated in your paradise, and whatever ridiculous rates they want to charge, you'll have to oblige (food as well).
May 27, 2017
196 posts
218 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
WaleedS4429 wrote: Regarding "Unlimited changes Change the date or destination free of charge"

So if I book for a certain period then I decide to change the dates. Do I have to pay for any price difference?
Of course, you'll need to pay for the fare difference.
Public Mobile $33/6GB
Jan 10, 2013
64 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Shame that my field of work just isn't allowing for intl travel at the moment. The cancellation policy looks solid, love qatar's service and food.
Nov 28, 2007
110 posts
206 upvotes
Hold out for better deals. Airlines haven't fully bled out yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2035 posts
1885 upvotes
WaleedS4429 wrote: Regarding "Unlimited changes Change the date or destination free of charge"

Absolutely - any "free change" refers to change fees only
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1733 posts
307 upvotes
Barrie
drew4008 wrote: I visited Maldives last year. If you're considering flying/staying there, you better make sure you understand that these flight savings are the least of your financial concerns with such a trip.

Unless you stay in Malé (and tbh, why would you even pick Maldives if you're just going to stay in this dingey city), prices for almost any of the pristine islands are astronomical.

It is a Muslim dry country as well. As you can imagine, resorts are still given leeway to dispense alcohol, but you will be isolated in your paradise, and whatever ridiculous rates they want to charge, you'll have to oblige (food as well).
One could pair the flight deal with something like this to make it a bit more affordable (TBH Maldives and affordable should never be in the same sentence).

travelzoo-lava-hot-2599-maldives-7nts-5 ... t-2402578/

Personally, I love Maldives. Expensive to visit/eat/drink, but on many people's bucket list for good reason.
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
May 5, 2007
935 posts
280 upvotes
North York
Where is the sale?

For Toronto to Maldives I’m getting $950 - $1400

Does anyone see anything better?

I need to book a flight for my travel zoo deal
Jul 21, 2006
567 posts
175 upvotes
MattG65633 wrote: So if i purchased a ticket to Thailand in December, and theres no chance of travel. they will refund me?
I am in the same boat for Thailand. As travel almost surely won't be possible this year, if they don't cancel the flight all you can get is travel credit. As Thai nationals would still be able to travel they may not cancel flight, thus no refund.

I am less of a fan of Qatar Airlines the way they are handling their rules during Covid than I thought I would be. It was a good idea for them to bring their rules in, sucks people in and then tney are stuck not able to travel, and not able to get refund... So they get their money for long time, and eventually people give up or use the credit just so they don't waste it.

I am stuck with business class ticket that got great deal on. Set to Thailand which likely can't use. Wanted to change it to maldives, but no business promo tickets available in 2020 so can't do it. Tried for 2021, they won't as it is beyond their Dec 31, 2020 date for changing for free. So unless they extend that, I am stuck getting a credit. That credit will only be enough to get me in economy to the Maldives when I bought business. My fault for thinking I got a great deal when I took a risk and got played by Covid and Qatar Aiways.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22632 posts
27572 upvotes
Toronto
Do they have free COVID insurance like Air Canada?
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2128 posts
932 upvotes
Brampton, ON
majorwang wrote: Hold out for better deals. Airlines haven't fully bled out yet.
Spoken like a true RFDer Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9272 posts
7640 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Is it insured by TICO if booked directly with the airlines?
But then again, even TICO may go under this year.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4945 posts
1539 upvotes
Mississauga
afshaikh wrote: Where is the sale?

For Toronto to Maldives I’m getting $950 - $1400

Does anyone see anything better?

I need to book a flight for my travel zoo deal
I looked at the date for last week of September and first week of October and it was under $900 last night.