Expired Hot Deals

[Qatar Airways] 48 Hour Weekend Sale online fares starting from $795 (includes Maldives)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 11:06 am
Jul 21, 2006
549 posts
153 upvotes
MattG65633 wrote: So if i purchased a ticket to Thailand in December, and theres no chance of travel. they will refund me?
I am in the same boat for Thailand. As travel almost surely won't be possible this year, if they don't cancel the flight all you can get is travel credit. As Thai nationals would still be able to travel they may not cancel flight, thus no refund.

I am less of a fan of Qatar Airlines the way they are handling their rules during Covid than I thought I would be. It was a good idea for them to bring their rules in, sucks people in and then tney are stuck not able to travel, and not able to get refund... So they get their money for long time, and eventually people give up or use the credit just so they don't waste it.

I am stuck with business class ticket that got great deal on. Set to Thailand which likely can't use. Wanted to change it to maldives, but no business promo tickets available in 2020 so can't do it. Tried for 2021, they won't as it is beyond their Dec 31, 2020 date for changing for free. So unless they extend that, I am stuck getting a credit. That credit will only be enough to get me in economy to the Maldives when I bought business. My fault for thinking I got a great deal when I took a risk and got played by Covid and Qatar Aiways.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21130 posts
23337 upvotes
Toronto
Do they have free COVID insurance like Air Canada?
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1974 posts
730 upvotes
Brampton, ON
majorwang wrote: Hold out for better deals. Airlines haven't fully bled out yet.
Spoken like a true RFDer Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8821 posts
6998 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Is it insured by TICO if booked directly with the airlines?
But then again, even TICO may go under this year.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4493 posts
882 upvotes
Scarborough
afshaikh wrote: Where is the sale?

For Toronto to Maldives I’m getting $950 - $1400

Does anyone see anything better?

I need to book a flight for my travel zoo deal
I looked at the date for last week of September and first week of October and it was under $900 last night.
Nov 23, 2019
29 posts
13 upvotes
TO
Qatar said they started flying out from YYZ but I can’t find a single flight lol
And no thank you I’m not transiting via the US
Also few Qatar flights via Montreal had covid cases
signature removed for rule violation (referrals)
Jul 30, 2003
936 posts
249 upvotes
Anyone seeing flights from YYZ to Male under $1400 with a duration under 24h? I'm trying to find something in Mar/apr 2021 but finding flights at $4k+
Apr 13, 2009
340 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't find any good deals there. Nothing in 2021 what other airlines wouldn't offer cheaper when booked at the right time.
And flights in 2020 are not a deal even for $0, because most probably they get cancelled or you finish stuck somewhere in the quarantine.
Jul 22, 2020
267 posts
30 upvotes
tylerc wrote: One could pair the flight deal with something like this to make it a bit more affordable (TBH Maldives and affordable should never be in the same sentence).

travelzoo-lava-hot-2599-maldives-7nts-5 ... t-2402578/

Personally, I love Maldives. Expensive to visit/eat/drink, but on many people's bucket list for good reason.
How much does it cost for a 1-2 week? All inclusive and then ala carte?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2307 posts
576 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: How much does it cost for a 1-2 week? All inclusive and then ala carte?
That deal is 7 days. Read it.
Jul 22, 2020
267 posts
30 upvotes
spiralspirit wrote: That deal is 7 days. Read it.
Ok so this isn't just a flight, its a total vacay package? Which link are u referring to plz? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2307 posts
576 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: Ok so this isn't just a flight, its a total vacay package? Which link are u referring to plz? Thinking Face
the one in the post you quoted/replied to. It's a 7 day stay in the maldives, everything but flight included. Unfortunately its marked sold out now.