Qi Charging Pad $12.10 US at DealExtreme

Deal Link:
Price:
12.10 US
Savings:
13.57 %
Expiry:
March 7, 2014
This is quite inexpensive for one of these. The only hesitation I have is the description which states Input:5V, 2A 2. Output:5V, 1A, which would make it wildly inefficient. The discount runs for the next 14.5 hours.

http://deals.dx.com/team.php?sku=298362
Definition: Than
A conjunction used to introduce the second element of an unequal comparison: She had better grammar than I.
8 replies
Dec 2, 2006
189 posts
47 upvotes
Chilliwack
They're pretty much all the same output, at least the ones that I've researched.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1902 posts
564 upvotes
Edmonton
Wonder if these have any reviews.

It's $70 for an official Google wireless charger, shipped - this is cheap enough I'd be willing to take a chance that it's complete garbage.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
2366 posts
397 upvotes
Edmonton
You also have to supply your own charger. I couldn't find any reviews.
Definition: Than
A conjunction used to introduce the second element of an unequal comparison: She had better grammar than I.
Dec 20, 2003
505 posts
45 upvotes
Any reviews? Does it work properly for Nexus 5?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5018 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
I was hoping it was at least a Metrans one. Those rectangular Qi chargers are usually always around that price range.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2556 posts
730 upvotes
Markham
Want to see they ones that can charge multiple devices at the same time, the single ones only save you a bit time to plug and unplug, for me to reduce numbers of usb ports and troublesome wires are more important
Jun 6, 2006
170 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond
Too bad for my S4 you still need a charging receiver (another ~$10) that adds some bulk to your phone. These things should be built-in from the factory.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3345 posts
559 upvotes
GTA
I've had issues with this type of Qi charger design. Sure it charges my Nexus 5 and 7 but bloody hell, it takes a while to get the positioning right. It would also stop charging in the middle of the night. Might have gotten a bad unit. To the garbage it went.

I've settled with one of these hockey puck designs. No hassles with the positioning. Also makes a beep to notify you that it has been properly positioned and charging.

Still no dedicated power adapter but I have mine plugged into my UPS via USB.

Edit: Also had no issues charging devices in their respective cases (Poetic on the 7, diztronic on the 5). No luck with the one posted by OP. Would not charge at all.