Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1105 posts
412 upvotes
Nobleton, ON

quality BBQ cover?

my BBQ is 55 x 22, any quality cover recommendations? current one disintegrated into pieces after only 3 winters...
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3361 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
Costco usually has BBQ covers at ~$20 that hold up well.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1843 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
I have one made by classic accessories.. had it for several years and then when I had an issue they sent me a replacement. Very happy with the product
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17099 posts
14493 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Another vote for Costco

Look in seasonal, and buy em while they have em

I got a nice non-plastic one there a few years back (strong canvas)

Was so good, the next year I bought another

Plan is now to always have a back up on hand.
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1929 posts
367 upvotes
'sauga
Those black BBQ covers from Costco never lasted me more than a year before cracking or falling apart.

I've had a Ravenna (made by Classic Accessories) for 6 years now and it's still in decent shape. Plus they have a lifetime warranty!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1105 posts
412 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
GSD wrote: Costco usually has BBQ covers at ~$20 that hold up well.
Should I go for online or instore?

Any recommendations on Amazon.ca?

thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3814 posts
970 upvotes
GTA
I ordinarily buy my covers from Amazon for my Weber BBQ and have been very pleased. I will admit though that they only last about 3-4 years before eventually ripping, usually at one of the handles. Given I paid ~$20 though I can live with it.

Tip: if you BBQ in the winter, get a black cover. I used to purchase lighter coloured covers but the snow would never melt off of them in the winter sun. With a black cover all of the snow melts on sunny days allowing me to easily BBQ in the winter.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4867 posts
1406 upvotes
Wat
The only cover that has lasted me is the one I bought at Costco. I think it's been 4 years, still good as new.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2980 posts
650 upvotes
Ancaster
Another vote for Costco covers. I bought one years ago and this year might be its last so I planned ahead and picked another one last summer from Costco.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2322 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
I gave up on buying more expensive bbq covers as none of them seem to last, so just went with the cheap generic black Canadian Tire one last time for < $20.. On its fourth year now and its in good shape actually.
May 12, 2009
319 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Glad I found this. My BBQ is big green egg. I have a cover about 3 years old. It's stiff but it's still holding up. What kind of material is used for covers? One I had few years back was some kind of plastic didn't last more than a year. Being in the sun day after day doesn't help.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1041 posts
1143 upvotes
Had one from Lowes, very high quality, mice still chewed through it, lol
Jan 2, 2006
37 posts
6 upvotes
If you want a quality cover, try https://www.cuvers.ca I'm not sure if he is still making covers but he has made several custom covers for me including a green egg that I used to have and my current smoker. You send him pictures and he draws out the measurements he needs from you. He's a one man shop but they are quality handmade covers and he is a super nice person to deal with.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
5357 posts
1659 upvotes
Over the last 12 years our Weber has never been covered, at any time of year. Fires up every time.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4012 posts
567 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I use the $20 Costco cover. One is about 6 years old, a little worn but hardly "falling apart". It covered my gas grill for 5 years, until it moved over to the smoker last summer. Got a new Costco cover for the gas grill.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3361 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
xuanzh wrote: Should I go for online or instore?

Any recommendations on Amazon.ca?

thanks
Normally in store around April time but with lockdown who knows.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1105 posts
412 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
Toukolou wrote: Over the last 12 years our Weber has never been covered, at any time of year. Fires up every time.
No rust or sign of wears? you think bbq cover is a gimmick?

I am not worried about the stainless steel exterior/interior, but the piping connectors might have some corrosive metal parts?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12487 posts
3674 upvotes
GTA
Toukolou wrote: Over the last 12 years our Weber has never been covered, at any time of year. Fires up every time.
My Broil King is 9 years old this summer and has never been covered. I use it over 300 times a year and it's still going strong, havent replaced anything.

Previous BBQs I used to buy covers that would just die in direct sunlight.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4897 posts
3796 upvotes
Mine (charbroil) came with a cover but I stopped using it last year because it's an invitation for mice. No issues for me either.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12487 posts
3674 upvotes
GTA
hierophant wrote: Mine (charbroil) came with a cover but I stopped using it last year because it's an invitation for mice. No issues for me either.
Oh geez, forgot about that. Got a few surprises when opening the bbq. One little guy couldn't find the way out.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)