Shopping Discussion

Quality of Costco Chicken Breasts Recently? (Ont.)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2021 2:49 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2019
3 posts
2 upvotes

Quality of Costco Chicken Breasts Recently? (Ont.)

Hi there,

I seemingly am not learning from my mistakes here and can no longer chalk it up to bad luck. What is with the Costco Chicken Breasts recently (i'd say over the last 6-8 months). Every time I buy one of those 10 packs (the last 3-4 times) the quality is absolutely horrendous - it's tough/chewy, uncuttable, and the texture of it makes it inedible. Speaking with my friends, I don't think I'm the only one.

Has Costco changed their chicken supplier in Ontario? Is there another place to get delicious + affordable chicken?

Cheers & Happy Sunday.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3817 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
It isn't just Costco (we don't have a membership). It doesn't matter the type of chicken you buy - organic, chicken that is free from antibiotics (I don't mean the freefrom from Loblaws - it is often grey despite the best before date of a week), or "regular" chicken. Some times the chicken is good, often now it is as you described.
Feb 7, 2015
319 posts
203 upvotes
I think its probaby because of this
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1136 posts
469 upvotes
ya it's not great but

sounds like you have no idea how to cook also. you can tenderize meat by pounding it with a mallet before cooking and cutting into smaller strips and marinating
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9150 upvotes
The NORTH
kilburn305 wrote: ya it's not great but

sounds like you have no idea how to cook also. you can tenderize meat by pounding it with a mallet before cooking and cutting into smaller strips and marinating
Or Sous Vide.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29049 posts
14591 upvotes
narut0 wrote: I think its probaby because of this
I'd love for someone without an Infowars sticker to test this.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9150 upvotes
The NORTH
death_hawk wrote: I'd love for someone without an Infowars sticker to test this.
First thing I noticed was the infowars fridge sticker. The second was the t-shirt... Just screams credibility doesn't it.