• May 18th, 2015 11:54 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 14, 2008
438 posts
68 upvotes

Quality of new condos - Good vs Bad Developers

I plan to buy a new condo in the next year. Some of the buildings, like CityPlace, have a terrible reputation for noise issues. The walls have poor sound insulation.

I have heard that developers such as Tridel, Monarch, and Daniels invest in good quality condos, and so it is worth paying a premium for their buildings. My question is: Where can I get a list of downtown core buildings that have been built by Tridel, Monarch, and Daniels?

Also, if anyone has lived in buildings that these three developers have constructed, and would like to add their $0.02, that would be great.
9 replies
Nov 25, 2012
102 posts
36 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I heard 'Great Gulf" also builds quality condos e.g. One Bloor, PACE
[OP]
May 14, 2008
438 posts
68 upvotes
Has anyone rented/owned condos in The Waterclub (8 York Street, 208 Queens Quay West, and 218 Queens Quay West)? What is the quality of construction for these three towers? Are their walls properly sound insulated, or is noise transmitted from neighbouring condos?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
32080 posts
19297 upvotes
Toronto
Lanterra is no longer considered as a good reputable condo developer. They have been on a decline for the last few yrs.
[OP]
May 14, 2008
438 posts
68 upvotes
booblehead wrote: Lanterra is no longer considered as a good reputable condo developer. They have been on a decline for the last few yrs.

I just took a look at their website; they've built some notable condos: Ice Condos, Maple Leaf Square....
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
32080 posts
19297 upvotes
Toronto
LandKing wrote: I can't say if menkes is good or not but that "winner" category is dubious at best...
well, that's most likely from the design point of view.