• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 7:36 am
[OP]
Jan 30, 2013
926 posts
210 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL

quarantine hotel refunds YYZ?

are there any hotels that gives refund if the full 3 days package is not used? eg say a negative result is know before 12noon after you checked in? Can you get 2 days refund?
Thanks
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1895 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
In that case I would stay the full 3 nights, even if cleared after 1. Why give them the benefit of renting out that room you already paid for?
Celebrating 18+ years on RFD!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17793 posts
15246 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
wysiwyg wrote: In that case I would stay the full 3 nights, even if cleared after 1. Why give them the benefit of renting out that room you already paid for?
Lol it’s hardly a vacation in a posh hotel

Most folks I think would ACTUALLY WANT OUT to go home ASAP
Mar 8, 2004
619 posts
412 upvotes
Kanata
wysiwyg wrote: In that case I would stay the full 3 nights, even if cleared after 1. Why give them the benefit of renting out that room you already paid for?
It's a lost cost, why bother? I'd rather be at home.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1895 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
Locked down there or at home, might as well be fed (bare minimum to survive). I just don’t want them to profit more than they already do by booking the same room multiple times.
Celebrating 18+ years on RFD!
Mar 8, 2004
619 posts
412 upvotes
Kanata
wysiwyg wrote: Locked down there or at home, might as well be fed (bare minimum to survive). I just don’t want them to profit more than they already do by booking the same room multiple times.
Can't imagine the food is very good.
To each their own I guess....if you feel like sticking it to them, go ahead I guess.
[OP]
Jan 30, 2013
926 posts
210 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
its been reported in FB Canadians in London group and Canada GAA quarantine hotel FB group that some Montreal hotels have been known to refund hotel nights not used.
eg "I arrived today in Montréal around 12 noon , I got my result now .
Double tree told me they will charge me for one night only Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes"
[OP]
Jan 30, 2013
926 posts
210 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
St.Genis wrote: The mandatory 3-night reservation is:

fully pre-paid
non-refundable
charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... oking.html
its been reported in FB Canadians in London(UK) group and Canada GAA quarantine hotel FB group that some Montreal hotels have been known to refund hotel nights not used.
eg "I arrived today in Montréal around 12 noon , I got my result now .
Double tree told me they will charge me for one night only Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes"