• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 12:24 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 12, 2012
346 posts
564 upvotes

QuattroTires.com Buy or Not?

Looking to purchase tires from QuattroTires - if you used them before how was your experience?
82 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1151 posts
1022 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
Alkoholik wrote: Looking to purchase tires from QuattroTires - if you used them before how was your experience?
Have purchased 5 sets of tires from them in the last 2 years (winters & all seasons for multiple cars).

Great CS and fast shipping once the order is processed. All my orders were shipped free as well. I believe they are in QC and their prices are very competitive for mid range tires.

I recommend them if you find the right price.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2004
1518 posts
246 upvotes
Ajax
Purchased a set of rear tires from them 2 weeks ago. Best price i could find. Fast shipping. Would buy from again.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2326 posts
713 upvotes
I just purchased tires from Quattro and had a great experience. Ordered tires on Wednesday morning and received them Friday afternoon.
Jan 31, 2017
24 posts
12 upvotes
hello, how old are the tires (DOT) that you've got from quattro?
Mar 11, 2016
195 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
^
I ordered one tire (flat replacement) from Quattro two weeks back and it has a DOT from Sept 2016. In the end, it cost me $5 more total OTD price than buying it locally from the shop that installed and balanced the Quattro tire. :facepalm: Make sure you call around to as many tire shops as you can and get the BEST OTD price. First internet tire purchase and I didn't save in my case.
RFD4LF. 😎
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1003 upvotes
Saskatoon
PtsuckS wrote: ^
I ordered one tire (flat replacement) from Quattro two weeks back and it has a DOT from Sept 2016. In the end, it cost me $5 more total OTD price than buying it locally from the shop that installed and balanced the Quattro tire. :facepalm: Make sure you call around to as many tire shops as you can and get the BEST OTD price. First internet tire purchase and I didn't save in my case.

Mine set of 4 from Canadian tire one tire was as old as week 19 of 2014. Purchased recently.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Jul 25, 2015
870 posts
713 upvotes
Ordered a set and they were late 2016.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1479 posts
346 upvotes
Bought set of 4 all seasons from Quattro Tires based on these positive reviews. Just received it after placing the order 5 days ago. Tires in great shape, quick turn around. Would Recommend.
Mar 27, 2018
1 posts
Just received my first set of 4 brand new Firestone’s after ordering less than a week ago. Great CS and tires are in good shape. Will order my next ones through them as well... the deals are just too good.
Temp. Banned
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1928 upvotes
markham
purchased about 10 sets of 4 over the last few years..never a bad experience or bad tires...I do own a tire machine and balancer
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1750 posts
289 upvotes
cardguy wrote: purchased about 10 sets of 4 over the last few years..never a bad experience or bad tires...I do own a tire machine and balancer
what.. u own a balancer...?
Hey can I ask u something what is this Road Force balancing all about... Is it really needed for new tires?
Temp. Banned
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1928 upvotes
markham
CocoJambo wrote: what.. u own a balancer...?
Hey can I ask u something what is this Road Force balancing all about... Is it really needed for new tires?
I really don't know much about that...I have a cheaper balancer..does the job for me as i use it for up 17" wheels..nothing special but it does the job and suits my needs..I bought a cheap package of installer/balancer for about $4000 about 4 years ago..its paid for itself as I have a bunch of trucks for business and allows me to save here and there on my tire installs..and allows me to replace tires easily and whenever I need to without incurring those little costs (that add up) and waiting times. When I buy tires locally i enjoy a cash and carry price or can order from Quattro or PMC and get great tires at a really good price. Example...I pick up the Fuzions (cash and carry) for my Nissans at $500 all in taxes for 4 ..install myself..saves me any easy $150 to $200 at least on every tire replacement per truck..also buy my trailer tires from US (trailerdepot)..they cost me less that half after shipping, taxes and duty, which is great, considering if I paid for changeover here, I wouldn't save anything.

also to add..I believe balancing is overrated , not in the sense as you don't need it..you do....just that the wheels should be balance every 10 to 15k to truly enjoy the effects, as a lot can happen through minor uneven wear, dirt, debris, ice and other buildups that you don't notice over time that can offset the balance of a tire...when you see the weight balances are in grams..its doesn't takes much to unbalance a tire and cause temporary uneven wear..but thats just my opinion.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2452 posts
477 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ordered on 27 March . Seems like Montreal to Winnipeg will take some time. Waiting for delivery