QuattroTires.com Buy or Not?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 12:24 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6333 posts
989 upvotes
Ordered 4 tires last fall. Quebec to Manitoba took a week by Fedex. Smooth transaction, no issues. I would buy from them again if I had to although I prefer to buy locally but the tires I wanted weren't available here.
Apr 7, 2018
1 posts
5 upvotes
If you have a few minutes I will try to explain what and why we use road force wheel balancing. I am a subject matter expert that educates automotive apprentices. What road force balance does is it identifies the stiff spots of the tire's construction. The side wall of the tire is not 100 percent consistent all around the tire so there is what we refer to as heavy/stiff spots of the tire. In the past we were not concerned about these heavy spots. The heavy spots cause a slight vibration which believe it or not may even seem like a wheel bearing noise. On older cars the chassis, sub-frames and suspension mounts design of the vehicle would absorb these vibrations and noise. Every new generation of vehicles handle better but the sacrifice of better handling is chassis design that does not flex as much as before causing more transfer of vibration from the wheels. So the newer vehicles especially high performance vehicles we need to match heavy spots in the side walls of the tires to low points in the rims reducing the vibration. What road force does is it measures the wheel and tire and directs you to match the best position of each. How the machine works is it uses a drum and applies pressure to true the side wall and find the stiff spots and compare it to a physical measurement of the wheels mounting surface. If too much pressure is required to true the tire and cannot be matched out that tire will fail the balance and should not be able to be used on the vehicle. In my experience the better tire brands seem to road force better. Many cars may not need road force however cars like BMW, Cadillac, Porsche etc will need road force balance to eliminate chassis vibrations. I hope this helps. If you need any clarification please let me know.

Dave
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2452 posts
477 upvotes
Winnipeg
ordered 27 March. Delivered from MOntreal to Winnipeg in about 2 weeks because odd size tire but the tire and wheels are already mounted and balanced...Good tires
I recommend
Nov 26, 2014
227 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bigmancanada wrote: any new experience with this store?
I ordered my tires April 25th. They were shipped on Monday May 7th. Pretty good experience. I had one defective tire which we're still trying to figure out what to do with but other than that, I would buy from them again.
Sep 20, 2010
29 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Legit place, bought 3 sets of tires - all as described and delivered within 5 days.
Jan 13, 2007
461 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Interesting to see a thread about QuattroTires.com. I guess their search engine optimization is working on Google because I tried looking for some new tires and their company website popped up advertising some pretty competitive prices for what I was looking for!

Although the prices look good, does anyone know of a comparably priced local shop where I can just pick up the tires instead of waiting for them to be delivered?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1750 posts
289 upvotes
woofster wrote: Interesting to see a thread about QuattroTires.com. I guess their search engine optimization is working on Google because I tried looking for some new tires and their company website popped up advertising some pretty competitive prices for what I was looking for!

Although the prices look good, does anyone know of a comparably priced local shop where I can just pick up the tires instead of waiting for them to be delivered?
I dont think any local shop will be able to beat them. try Simply maybe...
Dec 2, 2010
47 posts
5 upvotes
I've been ordering from these guys for a few years. I've never had any issues and their prices are pretty great. I haven't found any local or other online places who are able to compete.
Oct 18, 2018
1 posts
2 upvotes
Morons.
I ordered summer tires in June. Good price, great tires and delivered in 5 days. So ordered winters in October - but it's in their busy season now.
They took 7 days to get here, but they only got 3 tires correct, one wrong. They seemed to worry more about getting that tire back than correcting the missing on.
They sent shipping label and the wrong tire was gone next business day and back to Quebec in 5 days.
But I'm still waiting for 4th tire. My vehicle is all-wheel drive, so I want four matching tires and three just doesn't work.
I called asking where the tire was and he said, it will be there by end of business, if not, phone back. But end of business in the West is 3 hours after they go home. MORONS.
Prices are good for mid-range tires - just have to deal with MORONS.
Jan 20, 2017
33 posts
18 upvotes
I posted this on the other Quattro thread too-

I bought a set of Blizzaks mounted on alloy rims from them last month and I could not be happier. The rims were 20 bucks more (per rim) than a steel rim at Canadian Tire or Costco, are lighter, look waaaay better, handle better, and should last longer. Delivery was about 4 weeks, The tires are perfectly balanced on the highway, were dated 04/2018, and customer service was great when I called. It was 5 star all around, and they will get my business in March when I order all-seasons for my other car. I had never heard of Quattro until I searched here for on-line retailers, and I'm glad I did.
Dec 20, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Terrible! Purchased 4 tires that were supposed to be balanced and mounted on rims. Experienced extreme vibration when driving over 60km/hr. Took them to a mechanic to have them rebalanced. They were severely out of balance and they noticed the rims were warped.
Customer service was AWFUL as they would not assist in getting me replacements rims and therefore can not drive my car over 80km without feeling like I’m sitting in a vibrating chair. Do not deal with Quattro tire!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10548 posts
1322 upvotes
Brampton
Any recent experiences with Quattro? Their online prices are really good for the tire set im looking at.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.