Wheels and Tires

QuattroTires.com Buy or Not?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 12:24 am
Tags:
Feb 16, 2003
520 posts
67 upvotes
Anyone having any problem with claiming their Mail-In-Rebate. Planning on gettin a set of tire this fall and all MIRs mentionned about authorized dealer and also DOT of less than 2 year old.
WTB:
Jun 21, 2009
859 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
No issues - purchased a winter tire package (General tires) from them, MIR went through without any snags.
Dec 9, 2013
3 posts
Stay away from this company, requesting a quote, took all my information, promise someone will call me back , no one did and never hear a single word not even an email. Lucky I did not buy from this garbage company. I have not bought anything , not even a single responded. can you image after you bought it and something went wrong, don't expect anyone will listen to your complaints. you have been warned
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4629 upvotes
Montreal
hendry62us wrote: Stay away from this company, requesting a quote, took all my information, promise someone will call me back , no one did and never hear a single word not even an email. Lucky I did not buy from this garbage company. I have not bought anything , not even a single responded. can you image after you bought it and something went wrong, don't expect anyone will listen to your complaints. you have been warned
Yeah thanks for your 2nd contribution here in over 5 years.

Quattro probably figured you're a nightmare to deal with.
Jul 24, 2010
431 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Their prices are decent - about 10% less than buying local. I bought a set of four tires on May 26th (Sunday). They called me on Wednesday to schedule delivery on Friday. No delivery on Friday so I call them on Monday. There was a 15 minute wait to speak to someone. He said to wait and delivery will probably be on Tuesday, and gave me the tracking number (it was shipped by Nationex). Tracking looks like one of the 4 tires went missing in Quebec (they ship each tire loose with its own tracking number, but grouped under one waybill, with instructions to not deliver partial shipments). Other 3 tires are sitting in Toronto shipping depot buy not going out for delivery. Tuesday (today) and the missing tire still has no new tracking info after QC pickup scan so I call again and customer service tells me to keep waiting. Had to persuade the guy to follow up with their shipper about the tire. Says he'll call back. We'll see how this goes...
Jul 24, 2010
431 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
beaverdonut wrote: Their prices are decent - about 10% less than buying local. I bought a set of four tires on May 26th (Sunday). They called me on Wednesday to schedule delivery on Friday. No delivery on Friday so I call them on Monday. There was a 15 minute wait to speak to someone. He said to wait and delivery will probably be on Tuesday, and gave me the tracking number (it was shipped by Nationex). Tracking looks like one of the 4 tires went missing in Quebec (they ship each tire loose with its own tracking number, but grouped under one waybill, with instructions to not deliver partial shipments). Other 3 tires are sitting in Toronto shipping depot buy not going out for delivery. Tuesday (today) and the missing tire still has no new tracking info after QC pickup scan so I call again and customer service tells me to keep waiting. Had to persuade the guy to follow up with their shipper about the tire. Says he'll call back. We'll see how this goes...
Quattro guy never called back. Called Nationex and they found the missing tire. Tried to deliver but with a missed attempt saying my condo won't take tires. I had left instructions on the shipping info to call me to come down and get the tires myself. Sigh. Talk to them on the phone and ask them to just deliver to my office the following day, they say no problem. No delivery the next day; the guy forgot to put them on his truck. Call them and they call me back... ask them to just hold the bloody tires at the depot and I'll pick them up. Pick them up on Friday.

tl;dr

Quattro has good prices but aren't too helpful once they ship - fair enough. They ship using Nationex who managed to make every mistake possible within one shipment. Will probably avoid Quattro in the future due to them using this shipping company (unless the deal is just too good).
Oct 22, 2019
1 posts
I had excellent service from Quattro. Ordered my tires on Saturday of the long weekend, so of course they were closed on Monday. They didn't have them in stock, but said they would have them in a day or 2. Fedex was notified on Wednesday, picked up on Thursday, and delivered to my door in Manitoba the following Tuesday. Best price around including shipping. I will definitely buy from them again.
Nov 19, 2019
1 posts
I thought their prices were too good to be true... and it was. Probably one of the WORST companies I have ever dealt with.

They had to clarify my shipping address (to an auto shop) and then confirm my credit card with me... and then called my partner two days later to do that same thing. Note, credit card was charged immediately. Don’t even try to call them back, you’ll get a busy signal everytime.

Shipped out the tires about 5 days after ordering, only to have shipped the 3/4 correct tires.

Promised the tire shop it would be there by today (Nov 20) only to tell them they won’t be there until November 25.

I just want my freaking tires. It’s getting icing and it’s been almost a month since ordering and PAYING for them.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27382 posts
7690 upvotes
Well there seem to be a few threads on these guys but I guess I'll bump this one to share my experience...

For background I'm trying to get new winter tyres for next season and saw they had a pretty nice deal on a particular tyre, figured it was a clearance deal since price is highlighted green on their site but doesn't say something like "promotional offer" or other verbiage they usually have there. Anyway suspecting the tyres might be old, I contacted them first about it asking how old they would be. Now esp. on clearance I don't have any foolish aversion to something that's 1-2 years old but 4-5 years old, definitely not. Their response was simply that they wouldn't be able to tell--fair enough--and that they will only guarantee they are not 5 yrs+ old (if they are they will take them back). Due to the price I decided to roll the dice and make the order. Keep in mind the person could have looked and saw these were not in-stock or available at that time, but never looked into it or mentioned it.

Made the order the same day, couple days later I get a VM saying they're back-ordered and I should call them. No email. I don't like phone conversations TBH and it was after COB that day so I just emailed them. There was admittedly the holiday but still no response after today, so I called.

Waited 20-30 mins on hold, call disconnected :rolleyes: Called again about half hour later. Got through to someone who explained they shouldn't be showing in-stock on the website (but they are of course) and there is no ETA for the backorder. Great. I'm not in any rush obviously (winter tyres) but didn't really feel comfortable leaving that amount of money in limbo with a retailer that doesn't seem to have solidly positive reviews--they're quite hit and miss from the looks of it. I did think that if I kept the order there I'd at least get the good pricing for when they did become available but the rep said that was close to their regular price (?) so yeah, weird.

Anyway because I haven't shopped around recently at local places I decided to refund the purchase for now and do that to see what else is out there. Refund was painless though, guy did it right away on the phone and got my email notification immediately too.

Overall not a great experience but not a bad one either. I may still end up buying from them later but one thing is for sure, make sure you call in and find out if the tyres are available before you order. The website's "available" indicator is obviously flawed.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27382 posts
7690 upvotes
Well here's Quattro Tires' redemption story:

So the same tyres I wanted in the post a couple above this one, they came back as showing available recently. So I shot them an email asking if they were actually in-stock and while I didn't get the greatest answer (perhaps due to the French/English language bit) they told me they "are currently available on our website"--I thought was a bit cryptic but I went ahead and ordered anyway thinking perhaps that's just they're way of saying yeah they are ready to ship.

Quattro Tires--Round 2!

Ordered them early morning last Friday and they do say they have a 2-3 day processing time. Got a phone call on Monday I missed and was thinking it was going to a repeat of Round 1 :rolleyes: but I got another call Tuesday and was able to answer and to my surprise they just wanted to confirm the shipping company could leave them if I wasn't home--I said yeah tell them to leave at the back door. Now I chose FedEx shipping because of the horror stories of their "in-house shipping" so everything after that is basically FedEx not Quattro Tires... She said on the phone they should arrive on Thursday which seemed perfectly good with me.

FedEx tracking# issued the same Tuesday, FedEx thinking optimistically they would arrive by "9pm on Wednesday"--lol well Wednesday came and they didn't start moving all day. But they did in the evening so yeah delivery Wednesday never going to happen :lol: But FedEx did deliver today around 1pm when I wasn't home and of course...left at the front door :facepalm: But they were still there when I got home at least so everything good there. Again though this is FedEx's doing.

Looked at the date code on the tyres and they are 3319 so almost exactly one year since they were made...in Korea. Yes they are Kumhos and though it's the first time I'm buying tyres made anywhere other than Canada, US, or Germany, I think Kumho is a pretty reputable brand and the price was good so we'll see how they do :) The 1yr age is perfectly reasonable and better than I expected TBH, so def. happy about that too.

Speaking of price, the per tyres price was the same as when I first ordered so pretty cheap TBH; and instead of using the generic 7% code, there was a 10% code so even after adding $17 for FedEx instead of weirdo company, it came out pretty much exactly the same as the first order :)

Of course we have to weigh that it will cost around $100 to get them mounted & balanced on wheels but overall the price still seems really good and still about $60 less than the all-in clearance price I was given by a local shop earlier in the year. The only reason I didn't buy from that shop is actually that I called them a couple weeks later to go ahead but then they weren't offering the same price anymore and it was significantly higher :rolleyes: So I guess enter Quattro to save the day.

After a lacklustre but not exactly poor previous experience I think they really came through on the follow-up order, so it's a positive review from me!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7448 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
Mine delivered by FedEx as well but I did not chose any surcharge options.

Dude just left the 4 tires on the driveway LOL

(well he did see me peek out the window)

I got good DOT mid 2019 and my Kumho made in China (all weather H31 model)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8464 posts
2931 upvotes
I just got a price beat quote from Quattro for a set of Continental Viking 7 ( 265/60/R18 ) mounted and balanced on steelies for $1220 all in. I don't think I am going to beat that, even at my two local go tos. I am going to call in the order and will report back how it turns out.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27382 posts
7690 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: I just got a price beat quote from Quattro for a set of Continental Viking 7 ( 265/60/R18 ) mounted and balanced on steelies for $1220 all in. I don't think I am going to beat that, even at my two local go tos. I am going to call in the order and will report back how it turns out.
Works out well when you have them mounted/balanced before shipping. Otherwise people should remember they will have to pay $80-120 (typical) to get this done at a shop, which needs to be factored in. That said it can still be cheaper even after factoring it in, but it's something you don't want to forget when tyre shopping online.