QuattroTires.com Buy or Not?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 12:24 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8454 posts
2920 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Works out well when you have them mounted/balanced before shipping. Otherwise people should remember they will have to pay $80-120 (typical) to get this done at a shop, which needs to be factored in. That said it can still be cheaper even after factoring it in, but it's something you don't want to forget when tyre shopping online.
Exactly! I didn't push my normal shop ( goodyear branded) when he quoted $1400 for the same set. I figured why bother. He knows me, been my mechanic for a decade now, so no need. He still gets 100% of my maintenance business.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8454 posts
2920 upvotes
So far so good.

Just got a call, tires should be delivered next Tuesday or Wednesday. That's pretty good I think, considering they would have had to send out the rims and tires somewhere for mount and balance. I doubt they do it themselves, anyway.

It will be nice having them ready to go when cold weather comes and not having to fight the mobs to get a slot at a shop.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27369 posts
7679 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: It will be nice having them ready to go when cold weather comes and not having to fight the mobs to get a slot at a shop.
Yeah this is my main concern too--never really had to do this since I always get mine ahead of time but now that mine were finished after last winter, I did well to get them early. Only now, not mounted in my case. But, still have a while left. What I'm gonna do is take the wheels from, uh, another car (thread upcoming! :D ) and use those as my winters on my main/daily-driver car. Then I have some brand new wheels that were originally destined to go on the same car, I'll end up putting on this uh other car heh. But, will probably do in early October I'm thinking.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8454 posts
2920 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah this is my main concern too--never really had to do this since I always get mine ahead of time but now that mine were finished after last winter, I did well to get them early. Only now, not mounted in my case. But, still have a while left. What I'm gonna do is take the wheels from, uh, another car (thread upcoming! :D ) and use those as my winters on my main/daily-driver car. Then I have some brand new wheels that were originally destined to go on the same car, I'll end up putting on this uh other car heh. But, will probably do in early October I'm thinking.
Ugg!

This just reminded me that I will now have 2 sets of 20" tires and 2 sets of 18" tires, the smallest being 265/xxRxx to lug in and out of the basement 2x a year. My poor old back is sore just thinking about it! Astonished Face
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27369 posts
7679 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Ugg!

This just reminded me that I will now have 2 sets of 20" tires and 2 sets of 18" tires, the smallest being 265/xxRxx to lug in and out of the basement 2x a year. My poor old back is sore just thinking about it! Astonished Face
Wanna talk about getting old...man I pulled something in my back yesterday... Pain went from 0-100 instantly, basically winded me. I mean I walked it off and grabbed some Anacin real quick but I dunno how many more years of walking things off I have :| I really should think about getting back into shape!

Also speaking of getting old that car I just bought (used car), it's supposed to have 19" wheels from factory but I believe the original owner must have went for the "all-season option" back when it was new, netting 18" wheels (only explanation I can think of and yes I verified on the option codes and tyre placard that's what it came with). However I'm actually not venturing to put 19s on it as I am content with the knowledge that 18" being slightly higher profile will be better ride/comfort, lol. Something you'd never have heard me even think about saying 10 years ago :lol: But with my other car on coilovers (ugh), I'm gonna be glad for the extra comfort of stock suspension and thicker tyres on this car :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8454 posts
2920 upvotes
Order came today. Very happy. Tire look new and fresh. DOT is late 2019 which is fine. I suspect this large size doesn't turn over a lot.

1.5 weeks from order to delivery seems good to me considering they have to get everything together, have them mounted and balanced, then shipped and delivered. I am completely happy with that.
Images
  • IMG-20200902-WA0004.jpg
May 25, 2012
70 posts
12 upvotes
I made an order on the evening of Tuesday Sept 1 and my tires just showed up today (on a Saturday) via FedEx. The DOT is from May 2020. 16” tires + rims for less than $600 - you can’t really beat that...
Jul 3, 2017
96 posts
89 upvotes
Bought a set of Kumho Crugen HT51 19" tires in mid Auguust and it took one week to arrive via FedEx. Ordered on Saturday and got a call on Monday saying that the order was on it's way. FedEx left on front door when I asked to leave at back door and they were one day past expected delivery date. Oh well.

Tires were made in Korea sometime in mid 2019 so about a year old. Pretty smooth transaction using Paypal and I'd buy again from them. 10% off already pretty decent price, $60 mail-in rebate on top, and only $17 shipping charge from QC to AB was excellent. First time using Kumho tires so I am, somewhat, excited to see the snowfall in a month or so to see how they perform.
May 21, 2008
752 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
Just received Wheel and Tire set for Wife's Kia Soul with DOT 1920. It was a smooth buying experience.
Aug 19, 2017
15 posts
7 upvotes
I ordered Continental VikingContact 7 mounted on rims on Monday night (Sept. 7th) & they arrived at 9:05 this morning in Niagara Falls by FedEx. All date coded 2120, checked the rims & direction, everything looks great.
Dec 20, 2012
428 posts
325 upvotes
Barrie
My VikingContact 7s (+ steelies & mounted) were ordered on Saturday, arrived today (the following Friday). 2720 code for all 4. I was out when they were delivered and they were left where I had requested.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Quattro.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
2375 posts
138 upvotes
They charge an extra $17.xx (to Ontario) for Fedex delivery with tracking number. Any experience with their Free Shipping service?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8454 posts
2920 upvotes
shop ahoy wrote: They charge an extra $17.xx (to Ontario) for Fedex delivery with tracking number. Any experience with their Free Shipping service?
The free shipping still offers tracking through the site. Go for it.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5059 posts
2283 upvotes
Vancouver
Do the tires/wheel package come with installation bolts? Don't see any option to buy them separately on the website.