QuattroTires.com Buy or Not?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2020 12:01 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27628 posts
7978 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: I ended up getting the DAI Replica R187 as it has the closest specs to the OEM winter rims. So my rims arrived today and one of the rims had a nice-sized gouge on it. Cardboard was intact so it was damaged at the warehouse or when they were balancing. I've reached out to Quattro but suspect they won't do anything about it. Just want to confirm, these look like ball-seat, so they should work with my stock bolts/lugnuts, right? Tires have good dating though, 2620.
Ouch that's a bad damage, 100% they need to fix this, exchange that for a new one. Those do look like ball seats though, yeah :)

Funny thing is, I wasn't even asking about the wheels :lol: I was asking what tyre model you got! :P
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5237 posts
2426 upvotes
Vancouver
ES_Revenge wrote: Ouch that's a bad damage, 100% they need to fix this, exchange that for a new one. Those do look like ball seats though, yeah :)

Funny thing is, I wasn't even asking about the wheels :lol: I was asking what tyre model you got! :P
Got the Kumho WP72
Jul 18, 2020
164 posts
242 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: I ended up getting the DAI Replica R187 as it has the closest specs to the OEM winter rims. So my rims arrived today and one of the rims had a nice-sized gouge on it. Cardboard was intact so it was damaged at the warehouse or when they were balancing. I've reached out to Quattro but suspect they won't do anything about it. Just want to confirm, these look like ball-seat, so they should work with my stock bolts/lugnuts, right? Tires have good dating though, 2620.

That's unfortunate, if they are not willing to replace it at least ask for a $50 refund so you can buy some touch up paint to fix it yourself. Your wheels look like ball seat, I got the replica 61 wheels and it doesn't curve out like yours. I end up getting a new set of lug bolts.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27628 posts
7978 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Got the Kumho WP72
Nice I got the same :) Hopefully they are good--not much for reviews out there, took a chance on Kumho hopefully they don't let down. Last time I bought winters was 2012 so hopefully these also last as long!
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5237 posts
2426 upvotes
Vancouver
So update, CS called me back and offered me $80 and told me to buy a duplicolour pen to mask the damage. Not the ideal situation (would have preferred a replacement), but given that I'm having my tires installed in 2 weeks, this was a satisfactory outcome for me.
ES_Revenge wrote: Nice I got the same :) Hopefully they are good--not much for reviews out there, took a chance on Kumho hopefully they don't let down. Last time I bought winters was 2012 so hopefully these also last as long!
This guy got the WP72 for his RS3 and seemed happy with them, which is why I bought them

Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
1038 posts
123 upvotes
Anyone know if Costco would install tires purchased from Quattro? I got myself a Kumho ha31

If not, where do you guys recommend to install them for a good price?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27628 posts
7978 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: So update, CS called me back and offered me $80 and told me to buy a duplicolour pen to mask the damage. Not the ideal situation (would have preferred a replacement), but given that I'm having my tires installed in 2 weeks, this was a satisfactory outcome for me.
Yeah I'd say that's alright, it should look okay with touchup.

notenoughsleep wrote: This guy got the WP72 for his RS3 and seemed happy with them, which is why I bought them

Ha yeah I saw that video since early this year (when I already knew I needed to buy new winter tyres for next winter). I was actually wondering if you had seen that one :P You got 19" or 18" though? The guy that posted the video did follow up later in the comments saying they are quite good, as did a few other ppl. Notably one guy mentioned the WP71 not being great at all and being noisy--those ones actually have pro reviews out there and the reviews show it's pretty mediocre. The first time I tried to buy the WP72 they ended up being OOS (the story earlier in this thread); they offered me the WP71 as an alternative and I declined. Good thing I waited for the WP72 to come in stock as they look a much more modern design better suited as a "performance" winter (i.e. city winter) and at least the user reviews are promising.

As comparison my winter tyres over the past decade+ have been:
-UltraGrip GW3
-UltraGrip Performance
-UltraGrip Performance 2

In other words all Goodyear performance winters (the only good winters Goodyear makes really, lol). I would have went for Goodyears again but unfortunately, for Canadian market, they somehow went backwards. UGP2 is actually followed by UGP "Gen 1" and that was followed by UGP+. However in Canada the Gen1 appeared for a year I think then disappeared. Then it got replaced with UltraGrip "8 Performance" which is actually an older tyre that slotted between the UGP and UGP2 models in terms of timeline. And yes GY has some really confusing naming/numbers. Plus I don't even think the 8 Performance is sold anymore. Instead GY has released some NA-market-only winters now it seems (WinterCommand) with the Ultra the better of them, looking like a performance winter but not specifically marketed as such.

So we'll see how the Kumhos follow these other city winters I guess. I'm not even expecting them to be as good as GY but if they are, that's great :) Even if they're eight or nine tenths, at the price I think they'll be solid. As long as I don't end up wishing I'd bought Continental TS8xx P instead, I'll be happy!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9278 posts
1401 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: So update, CS called me back and offered me $80 and told me to buy a duplicolour pen to mask the damage. Not the ideal situation (would have preferred a replacement), but given that I'm having my tires installed in 2 weeks, this was a satisfactory outcome for me.

This guy got the WP72 for his RS3 and seemed happy with them, which is why I bought them

Yea. Take the 80 and touch it up. The pens only cost like 20 bucks or so. The rims are gonna get rough up anyways during the winter months. If anything, you can try to fix it perfect and do as DIY project.

Would been better if that rim was free. Cant complain about quattro. Price is pretty reasonable for their tires.
Nov 20, 2020
1 posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to chime in here as I just got my tires mounted that I bought from Quattro, and was a bit skeptical prior to ordering. Spoiler alert if you don't want to read the whole review: They're legit Thumbs Up Sign

Needed new winters for my F150, went with Hankook iPike RW11... Which I highly recommend by the way, always performed well on my previous truck and still looked brand new after 4 winters. Best price I could find locally was $1263 from Volco (1010tires.com), price from Quattro was $990 shipped to Vancouver, after an 8% rebate they were running at the time. Most of the recent reviews here seemed decent, and since nobody local would match their price, I decided to pull the trigger.

Placed the order on the evening of the 11th, the confirmation email said I'd get a call from Quattro to confirm everything, never did, but by the 13th I had a notification email that they were shipped. Tires were initially scheduled to arrive on the 20th via FedEx, but they ended up showing up this morning. Not a big deal, and considering shipping was $50 from Quebec, I really can't complain. Side note: the driver said they've been shipping insane amounts of tires from back east to the west coast this year. Just thought that was interesting.

Nothing out of the ordinary to report upon receiving them. Production date stamp was June 2018. Got them mounted up this afternoon by a small local shop I use, and all is well.

I'll update if they end up exploding or anything, but all in all I'm very happy with my experience. Thank you to everyone else who wrote reviews here, I wasn't finding a ton of info on Quattro and may not have otherwise ordered from there.