None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3683 posts
180 upvotes
Montreal

QUEBEC: EPIC Store hours fail!!!

Future Shop is currently showing 1PM - 5PM for boxing day, a whopping 4 hours of madness!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

While it's widely known that Quebec has stupid store hours (90% of stores close at 5pm on weekends), this REALLY takes the cake. Here we have a day that can barely manage to maintain sanity when it lands on a weekday (1pm to 9pm).

Given that it will take probably about 2 hours for each person to checkout, are they going to close the store at 5pm and have people still in line until 7pm (with all employees still being paid, and no new shoppers entering the store???)

I haven't bothered to check out bestbuy or any other stores, I'm hoping that they have opted to not be COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY RETARED, or that this is a misprint on the futureshop.ca website.

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/Holi ... rs/que.asp
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
52 replies
Jul 14, 2009
76 posts
Vancouver
LOL Is that for real? 1pm? what about all the other stores in quebec?
Jan 8, 2007
106 posts
6 upvotes
This is good in some ways, I can go to other stores first before coming here :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1798 posts
186 upvotes
All stores will open at 1PM except(pharmacy and i thing some grocery stores)
Some employees(usually in little stores) will start working at 8AM for put merchandise on tablets, tags new prices, put new advertising so no way that you have time to go to others stores unless you go in Ontario or NB if you are closer
Jan 8, 2007
106 posts
6 upvotes
Oh ok, thanks I don't usually go out during boxing day so I have no clue.
But either way, Eaton Centre (in Montreal) closes its doors at 7pm so its not 1pm-5pm everywhere.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1705 posts
408 upvotes
Montreal
every store has to close at 5pm

eaton center probably open till 7pm for restaurant.
The retail store will close at 5pm

i dont see any difference from few years ago when boxing day end up on a weekend. I never understood those quebec store hours, it is bad for store and for customer. Store dont make money, and customer cannot spend their money, which is bad for the economic.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2857 posts
2237 upvotes
Montreal
nothing new man its like this every year I actually find it better since you dont have to wake up so early
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1798 posts
186 upvotes
BobyYoo wrote: every store has to close at 5pm

eaton center probably open till 7pm for restaurant.
The retail store will close at 5pm

i dont see any difference from few years ago when boxing day end up on a weekend. I never understood those quebec store hours, it is bad for store and for customer. Store dont make money, and customer cannot spend their money, which is bad for the economic.
:?: Since this year BD is on Saturday i was thinking that some stores in downtown wiil try to close later according to the new reglementation.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3683 posts
180 upvotes
Montreal
1pm is alright to allow people to sleep in, but they definitely should have made an exception for the 5pm closing time for boxing week.
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2009
1543 posts
486 upvotes
Edmonton
Glad i don't live in QC, There laws suck :o
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
it's the thing i don't like about having boxing day on a weekend (closing time) but oh well, stores are back to regular hours the next day so i don't have to worry too much about OOS
Aug 29, 2007
850 posts
57 upvotes
It has always been that way.

Stores ALWAYS open at 1PM on Boxing Day here in Montreal.
But they close at the normal closing hour of the store according to the day.
So if a store closes at 5PM on a Saturday(which almost all stores do), it's gonna close at 5pm on BD (even though it opened at 1pm BECAUSE of Boxing Day).

Previous year Boxing Days were mostly during the weekdays, especially last year when it was a Friday I think. That was great because you could visit a lot of stores. After getting your main thing, you could check out other places to see if there is anything you like.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1798 posts
186 upvotes
XShadowX wrote: Glad i don't live in QC, There laws suck :o
Glad you're a newbie here and you need to line up on BD to get a warm deal. If you check every thread about big price errors you will see that quebequers almost everytime take benefits about these errors.That's because theirs laws suck :lol:
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1470 posts
320 upvotes
I wonder if there is a law that forces them to open at 1PM
Strangely Gatineau's store will open at 10AM

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)