Air Miles Archive

Quebec - IGA EXPRESS - 10 BAMs WUS $ 15 or more (March 21st thru April 25th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2019 9:54 am
Tags:
None
Mar 7, 2018
34 posts
21 upvotes
seriesofcontradictions wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 6:43 pm
Was this at the IGA Express Urbaine or at another IGA Express?

Suddenly concerned reading this thread, as I just did my $15 purchase at the St-Urbain location yesterday and it's my 5th retailer. As there are no other IGA-E locations accessible within the downtown Montreal area or by public transit, I won't be able to make it to any others.
Yes this was the IGA Express Urbaine near Saint-Laurent metro station.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2345 posts
1472 upvotes
montreal
superbigjay wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 11:28 am
Someone remembers how long IGA Express usually take to post the 10 BAM?
I have the regular AM already posted, but still waiting for the 10 BAM related to the MM promo...
Purchases on my 3 family cards : March 23, 25 and 27.
Just had my point added on my 3 airmiles accounts last night.
They now all have those 10 BAM listed with a date of April 24th.

### MEGA MILLES - 10 AM/15$

This offer completes my 3 accounts which now show 5 confirmed offers in the transactions...
So now, only have to wait for those 1000BAM later.

;-)
Feb 1, 2018
910 posts
966 upvotes
Montréal
Trigoria wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 7:47 pm
Yes this was the IGA Express Urbaine near Saint-Laurent metro station.
OK, good to know. I spent about $17 at IGA Express Urbaine on Tuesday... I haven't seen either base nor bonus post yet, though it's only been 2 days. It's my last of the 5 partners for MegaMiles, so I'm really hoping it posts.
Jun 19, 2009
86 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
So From my understanding, you guys are getting the Regular Miles as Shell Miles faster and then later on the IGA Express miles listed as IGA Express?
I too used them as my 5th, at the St-Bruno Location
Feb 1, 2018
910 posts
966 upvotes
Montréal
Definitely starting to think I'm not going to see these points post as my 5th MegaMiles sponsor. The deal was to spend at least $15 and get 10 bonus miles. However, I never even got the 1 base mile, let alone the bonus miles. And while my AirMiles card number shows up on my receipt, and while they did scan the coupon for MegaMiles at the cash, there's nothing on my physical receipt indicating the miles or the deal.

I'm wondering if the St-Urbain IGA-E location is being counted as a regular IGA instead of an IGA-E after all, and that's why nothing has posted?

For reference, it's only been just over a week, so maybe I just need to give it more time?

It would really suck to lose out on 700 miles because of this.
Mar 11, 2004
747 posts
550 upvotes
Quebec City
May 1st, 2019 12:36 pm
Definitely starting to think I'm not going to see these points post as my 5th MegaMiles sponsor. The deal was to spend at least $15 and get 10 bonus miles. However, I never even got the 1 base mile, let alone the bonus miles. And while my AirMiles card number shows up on my receipt, and while they did scan the coupon for MegaMiles at the cash, there's nothing on my physical receipt indicating the miles or the deal.

I'm wondering if the St-Urbain IGA-E location is being counted as a regular IGA instead of an IGA-E after all, and that's why nothing has posted?

For reference, it's only been just over a week, so maybe I just need to give it more time?

We have two family accounts, went to IGA Express on April 22nd and 25th (last day of the promotion) and both base air miles have been posted (with a Shell logo)... so yeah, not looking good for you.
Feb 1, 2018
910 posts
966 upvotes
Montréal
jakeoh wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 10:49 am
We have two family accounts, went to IGA Express on April 22nd and 25th (last day of the promotion) and both base air miles have been posted (with a Shell logo)... so yeah, not looking good for you.
My Shell points from gas posted almost right away. But the IGA Express on St-Urbain is not in a gas station; it's a standalone store. So it wouldn't have posted with a Shell logo.
Mar 11, 2004
747 posts
550 upvotes
Quebec City
May 2nd, 2019 11:21 am
My Shell points from gas posted almost right away. But the IGA Express on St-Urbain is not in a gas station; it's a standalone store. So it wouldn't have posted with a Shell logo.
Maybe that explains it then. Shell is always faster at posting miles than IGA, so maybe Air Miles at your IGA Express are managed by IGA.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10486 posts
7717 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Apr 25th, 2019 11:59 am
OK, good to know. I spent about $17 at IGA Express Urbaine on Tuesday... I haven't seen either base nor bonus post yet, though it's only been 2 days. It's my last of the 5 partners for MegaMiles, so I'm really hoping it posts.
May 2nd, 2019 11:21 am
jakeoh wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 11:29 am
Maybe that explains it then. Shell is always faster at posting miles than IGA, so maybe Air Miles at your IGA Express are managed by IGA.
This

If it’s a regular IGA Store, they are on a weekly REPORTING / POSTING Schedule with AirMiles
Monday thru Sunday Reporting Weekly
Then POSTING happens a few days afterwards

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EarnMiles ... onsorId=81

So if you made the purchase on Tuesday ~ April 23rd
It wouldn’t get reported to AirMiles until the end of day Sunday (ie Monday early morning hours)
And then be POSTED usually within the following week
(So in this case after April 30th. It’s only May 2nd today
That would be for Base Miles and most Bonus Miles... any Special Event Bonus Miles...
Like MMs BIG BONUS BAMs could take awhile longer if the Retailer has opted to do BATCH REPORTING)

If you used the website = www.airmilesmegamiles.ca
And READ & FOLLOWED the Offer / Coupon HOW TO USE Instructions
It’s just a case of being patient
Sep 13, 2010
569 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal
May 1st, 2019 12:36 pm

I never got mine for IGA Express Urbaine either. I made a purchase of $18 and the receipt said nothing about the 1Mile/$15 spent or 10BAM points but the coupon scan was on the receipt. I then made a second purchase of about $7 since I saw a couple beers I wanted to try and on that receipt it showed that i received 1 Air Mile ($18 + $7 = $25 so 1Mile/$20 spend like at a regular IGA). That 1Mile posted but nothing else.
Feb 1, 2018
910 posts
966 upvotes
Montréal
TheComebackKid wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 4:04 pm
I never got mine for IGA Express Urbaine either. I made a purchase of $18 and the receipt said nothing about the 1Mile/$15 spent or 10BAM points but the coupon scan was on the receipt. I then made a second purchase of about $7 since I saw a couple beers I wanted to try and on that receipt it showed that i received 1 Air Mile ($18 + $7 = $25 so 1Mile/$20 spend like at a regular IGA). That 1Mile posted but nothing else.

Ugh, this is really frustrating if that's the case. IGA Express Urbaine is clearly branded as an IGA Express, so it ought to qualify for the promotion. None of the other IGA-Es are anywhere near downtown Montreal, so there's no way I would have been able to get to one of those during the promo period. I'm concerned that Air Miles is going to use a technicality not to honour this.

Yes, yes, I know I should've done an insurance 6th sponsor, however, there were literally zero other sponsors whose promos I could have qualified for. There weren't many options for Quebecers to begin with.
Sep 13, 2010
569 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal
May 2nd, 2019 4:26 pm

Ugh, this is really frustrating if that's the case. IGA Express Urbaine is clearly branded as an IGA Express, so it ought to qualify for the promotion. None of the other IGA-Es are anywhere near downtown Montreal, so there's no way I would have been able to get to one of those during the promo period. I'm concerned that Air Miles is going to use a technicality not to honour this.

Yes, yes, I know I should've done an insurance 6th sponsor, however, there were literally zero other sponsors whose promos I could have qualified for. There weren't many options for Quebecers to begin with.
FYI my miles were finally posted for IGA Urbaine. It shows the IGA Express logo and says "Mega Miles - 10AM/$15".
Feb 1, 2018
910 posts
966 upvotes
Montréal
TheComebackKid wrote:
May 8th, 2019 3:15 pm
FYI my miles were finally posted for IGA Urbaine. It shows the IGA Express logo and says "Mega Miles - 10AM/$15".
Out of curiosity, what was the date you made your purchase? I've still yet to see mine post.
Apr 28, 2003
17 posts
1 upvote
Trigoria wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 4:22 pm
Got my bonus miles posted today, with IGA Express logo. You guys might want to check your account.
Mine also was posted today and my purchase date was April 19th.
Elcornolio