• Mar 23rd, 2020 1:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1013 posts
1016 upvotes

Quebec police arrest person who is positive for breaking quarantine

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal ... -1.5505349

Disgusting. She should be named and shamed.

She's put all those first responders at risk not to mention taken up valuable resources that were wasted because of her selfish actions.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
8403 posts
2206 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I don’t know about the effectiveness of “name and shame”.

A mentally competent person who would knowingly do this may not experience shame. A person who is disabled with a mental illness or mental developmental disorder may not understand their behaviour.

I do hope that charges will be laid and that this will be announced in order to provide a public deterrence.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3474 upvotes
The NORTH
The article says that there is no word of whether she will be charged? Then what is the detour for someone else to do this? She should be charged and have to pay for the cost of the first responder's time to drag her ass off to the hospital!
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
182 posts
188 upvotes
name her ! so we can … :twisted:
new motto: Diversity is a great thing; but unity, unity, unity is Canada’s strength
by Rex Murphy
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
2829 posts
1577 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: The article says that there is no word of whether she will be charged? Then what is the detour for someone else to do this? She should be charged and have to pay for the cost of the first responder's time to drag her ass off to the hospital!
Free health care.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14811 posts
1134 upvotes
Markham
Name and shame indeed

A person like this cannot be trusted, hopefully her employer sees that
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3474 upvotes
The NORTH
cristianosham wrote: Free health care.
Free health care has nothing to do with the police and fire department needed to be dispatched/deal with this situation. There needs to be a deterrent/financial penalty so people take this seriously.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9982 posts
664 upvotes
I guarantee you, she isnt the only one. This is why this needs to be enforced.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
644 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote: I guarantee you, she isnt the only one. This is why this needs to be enforced.
This place is famous for Selective Enforcement.
Oct 17, 2008
459 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
ShadowVlican wrote: Name and shame indeed

A person like this cannot be trusted, hopefully her employer sees that
They should be fired...no sense of respect for others in the community
Oct 17, 2008
459 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
Sgtalpowell wrote: This place is famous for Selective Enforcement.
Unless all the police Force all stayed home like rest of us....lol..... I sense a possible riot on the street
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
644 upvotes
andy_ca_cn wrote: Unless all the police Force all stayed home like rest of us....lol..... I sense a possible riot on the street
No, because people here are used to it. It is what it is.
Aug 14, 2015
724 posts
489 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I prefer if they can understand her situation rather than make her to be some selfish devil.

It is a very one sided reporting. Some people don't do well in jail-like confinements.

What does her surrounding look like? Not mentioned.
Why did she try to escape? Not mentioned.
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
I don't blame her I blame idiot canadian and Quebec authorities. If the government would had locked up in jail or a camp anyone who smelled of Coronavirus or came from abroad for 15 days we wouldn't be having an emergency right now. But no, they were sent home to "self isolate". It's like telling a drunk to self isolate from driving after being caught drunk driving.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
8403 posts
2206 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
MusicBox wrote: I don't blame her I blame idiot canadian and Quebec authorities. If the government would had locked up in jail or a camp anyone who smelled of Coronavirus or came from abroad for 15 days we wouldn't be having an emergency right now. But no, they were sent home to "self isolate". It's like telling a drunk to self isolate from driving after being caught drunk driving.
I don’t think that makes any sense. When would this have started? Before there was the first confirmed case in Canada? Imagine the outrage that you and other Canadians would have had if government had tried to lock up Canadians for a disease that didn’t even exist in Canada.

After the first cases were confirmed in Canada? The outrage would have been that locking up so many Canadians after the virus was here was like locking the door after the fox was in the chicken coop.

But imagine the logistics. In normal times tens of thousands of people enter Canada daily at thousands of entry points. In July 2019 there were over 2.8 million land border crossings by Canadians in Canadian registered vehicles and over 2 million Americans in American plated vehicles.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-q ... 2a-eng.htm

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-q ... 1a-eng.htm

Where would you even have incarcerated those people?

Incarcerating hundreds of thousands or millions of people in close quarters, all suspected of having covid, would effectively ensured that all of them would become infected and none of them could be release into the general population. You would have had to have built whole cities just for them.

I’m glad we have cooler heads in government.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg