[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH

Quebec to start Vaccine Passports - September

Quebec Vaccine Passports
Quebec will launch its COVID-19 vaccine passport system as of September, Health Minister Christian Dubé announced Tuesday.

With infections on the rise and an “inevitable fourth wave on the way,” Dubé laid out the details of the province’s plan, which will start with gyms, bars, restaurants, festivals and events venues across the province.

The vaccine passport will only be used to access non-essential services, but it will not be required for retail stores.

Dubé also said on Tuesday that the province’s pandemic briefings will resume on a weekly basis.

Quebec will test out the passports as part of a pilot project in some businesses in the coming weeks.
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8675 posts
8280 upvotes
To me it is stupid. How are you protected when customers are forced to use it, but employees can go unvaccinated? How does that make sense?

Customers in restaurants or bars are not in danger. The main problem always was employees who spend a lot of time in close contact contaminating each other.

And the vast majority of contamination comes from so called essential sectors: hospitals, long term care homes, factories, warehouses, blue collar work done in cramped conditions, private gatherings... all things that will never be shut down.

The only reason it exists is to scare people into getting vaccinated. That's it. It's public relations and to placate journalists into thinking the government is doing something.

But of course that's never enough. Journalists are mad with power and control. You think a vaccine passport will satisfy them? They will only keep asking for more and more controlling measures. They will never be happy. They don't care because their income is guaranteed, and paid for with government subsidies, come what may.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2889 posts
3101 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: To me it is stupid. How are you protected when customers are forced to use it, but employees can go unvaccinated? How does that make sense?
That's stupid. Yeah majority of business infections is employee to employee. Well baby steps. See how the people react to this and then push mandatory vaccination to the last 20%
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22812 posts
21646 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Poutinesauce wrote: To me it is stupid. How are you protected when customers are forced to use it, but employees can go unvaccinated? How does that make sense?

Customers in restaurants or bars are not in danger. The main problem always was employees who spend a lot of time in close contact contaminating each other.

And the vast majority of contamination comes from so called essential sectors: hospitals, long term care homes, factories, warehouses, blue collar work done in cramped conditions, private gatherings... all things that will never be shut down.

The only reason it exists is to scare people into getting vaccinated. That's it. It's public relations and to placate journalists into thinking the government is doing something.

But of course that's never enough. Journalists are mad with power and control. You think a vaccine passport will satisfy them? They will only keep asking for more and more controlling measures. They will never be happy. They don't care because their income is guaranteed, and paid for with government subsidies, come what may.
Ya know … most of the time I agree with you

But gotta say … What the HE-LL are you talking about here in regard to journalists ?

Do you even know any honest to God journalists … cuz this certainly isn’t how their world operates
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29075 posts
4768 upvotes
Montreal

Outbreaks in health care are excessively rare now. But health care employees are still required to wear masks all day and practice distancing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8675 posts
8280 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Ya know … most of the time I agree with you

But gotta say … What the HE-LL are you talking about here in regard to journalists ?

Do you even know any honest to God journalists … cuz this certainly isn’t how their world operates
I won't retract a single word. Because this is exactly how it works.

Journalists want more controlling measures for the population, and it takes a few weeks or months of constant columns and pressure before they get what they want usually.

And it works because politicians read these newspapers every morning.

Journalists have gotten a center stage that they have never had before and feel invested with a sacrosanct mission. They will never stop pushing for more restrictive measures. They are drunk on the influence they never had before. If a sense of quasi normalcy is attained, they will lose this influence, and they don't want that.

Nevermind that in private they often violate the measures that they preach themselves. There are famous columnists in Quebec who were advocating for a total absence of private gatherings and for social distancing, while meeting with family in their home themselves.
Banned
Dec 1, 2020
862 posts
344 upvotes
Moderators lick khun…
I'm hoping to have some way to get one with my non QC vaccines. hopefully dumb ford will at least cooperate with QC.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4976 posts
1455 upvotes
does it matter?
Poutinesauce wrote: I won't retract a single word. Because this is exactly how it works.

Journalists want more controlling measures for the population, and it takes a few weeks or months of constant columns and pressure before they get what they want usually.

Journalists have gotten a center stage that they have never had before and feel invested with a sacrosanct mission. They will never stop pushing for more restrictive measures. They are drunk on the influence they never had before. If a sense of quasi normalcy is attained, they will lose this influence, and they don't want that.

Nevermind that in private they often violate the measures that they preach themselves. There are famous columnists in Quebec who were advocating for a total absence of private gatherings and for social distancing, while meeting with family in their home themselves.
it is not limited to journalism even happens in morning show hosts. Saw CItyNews newly joined guy harping on Ford. even before 7am. Tim or Sid. looks like Big mouth is qualification to be host? Before I could hear any more rants I changed to stock market news.

I thought US media is gone crazy but they are crazy even in Canada.

Honest Politician is as rare as Honest columnists. And columnists are opinion writers. Biased as hell. They are politicians is disguise.

By the way I want vaccine passport but I am not going to asia when new wave is starting here. Not another 6 months I guess.

What the heck God journalists ?
journalists who think they are better than everybody?
or better than god as in they know better than anybody?
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4976 posts
1455 upvotes
does it matter?
And some idiots in Quebec already searching for fake vaccine passport. May be at this time just money making business like kijiji scam.
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
Banned
Jun 21, 2021
59 posts
36 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Ya know … most of the time I agree with you

you not understanding what he means.

the corporation is mad with power. "the media". It's not just one individual. It's the whole they are referring too
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4976 posts
1455 upvotes
does it matter?
FYI fake vaccinations cards even in US? Not in great numbers like fake cards in India for cost of $50 or so.
they found 51 counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination cards.

10:40 a.m. U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents seized more fake COVID-19 vaccination cards in Memphis last week, the latest seizure in a city where the agency says thousands of the counterfeit cards have been found this year.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... st-17.html
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22812 posts
21646 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Poutinesauce wrote: I won't retract a single word. Because this is exactly how it works.

Just as I suspected …

Like many.
You don’t understand the difference between a Reporter, a Journalist, and a COMMENTator.

Reporters & Journalists are held to a much higher standard than a Commentator … a News Commentator … exactly like a Sports Commentator … delivers mostly OPINION based on events.

A lot of what passes as News these days … be it print, tv, or online media … is actually home to more News Commentators than actual news.

Once upon a time … folks could tell PERSONAL OPINION / Editorial Content from the actual FACTUAL News … but since the dawn of the Internet and the 24 hour news cycle on tv / cable … the lines have blurred. And the average Joe or Jane doesn’t actually understand the differences any more.

True Journalists must present information for which there is a trail of evidence / fact gathering / documented sources …

Whereas … Commentators can say pretty much whatever they want … under the guise of it being PERSONAL OPINION

Unless they stray into the area of libel or slander of an individual … and risk getting sued … they can pretty much say as they please … esp when it comes to Policy issues etc.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8675 posts
8280 upvotes
I just have no desire whatsoever to go into any establishment where this is enforced even though I believe in vaccines and am fully vaccinated.

It's getting really messed up. This system serves no purpose other than as security theater. I don't want to be carded and give medical information to a cheap hot dog restaurant, nor would I or anybody be saving the world by doing so.

Our governments all have a near 80% full vaccination rate. They really need to let people go back to living their lives and let small businesses resume their activities unencumbered.

They need to go the UK route and stop listening to the "expert" busybodies that do nothing but create fearmongering on TV and GIVE PEOPLE BACK THEIR LIVES.

I am sick and tired of seeing their smug faces over and over again. It was easy to say all you said for the last 18 months when you were guaranteed full wages come what may. You drove small businesses to bankruptcy with this rhetoric, for gains that were marginal or insignificant at best.

Go back to working in boring offices in obscurity all day and stop thinking you're rockstars. Nobody cares anymore.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16937 posts
14525 upvotes
GTA, ON
Poutinesauce wrote: It's getting really messed up. This system serves no purpose other than as security theater. I don't want to be carded and give medical information to a cheap hot dog restaurant.
Do you normally pay by credit card when you eat at a restaurant? Yes? Then you just gave them your name.

What medical information are you giving other than stating you've received two doses of a COVID19 vaccine? It's not like you're giving them your health history.

I guess you've never been carded when you were younger to buy liquor or lottery?

All they'll be checking is that your name matches the vaccination certificate. Nothing more.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13044 posts
8288 upvotes
Markham
Poutinesauce wrote: I just have no desire whatsoever to go into any establishment where this is enforced even though I believe in vaccines and am fully vaccinated.

It's getting really messed up. This system serves no purpose other than as security theater. I don't want to be carded and give medical information to a cheap hot dog restaurant, nor would I or anybody be saving the world by doing so.

Our governments all have a near 80% full vaccination rate. They really need to let people go back to living their lives and let small businesses resume their activities unencumbered.

They need to go the UK route and stop listening to the "expert" busybodies that do nothing but create fearmongering on TV and GIVE PEOPLE BACK THEIR LIVES.

I am sick and tired of seeing their smug faces over and over again. It was easy to say all you said for the last 18 months when you were guaranteed full wages come what may. You drove small businesses to bankruptcy with this rhetoric, for gains that were marginal or insignificant at best.

Go back to working in boring offices in obscurity all day and stop thinking you're rockstars. Nobody cares anymore.
I don't necessarily think it's a security threat

It's more about big brother type government. Now, everyone thinks it's ok government can force you get vaccinated, scan your code, decide where you can go. Next time, government will enhance this big brother supervision even further in the name of helping people

Year 2020 will be remembered as the birth of 1984

I am also fully vaccinated
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8675 posts
8280 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Do you normally pay by credit card when you eat at a restaurant? Yes? Then you just gave them your name.

What medical information are you giving other than stating you've received two doses of a COVID19 vaccine? It's not like you're giving them your health history.

I guess you've never been carded when you were younger to buy liquor or lottery?

All they'll be checking is that your name matches the vaccination certificate. Nothing more.
It's not the gesture that bothers me. I agree that the app is well made and saves no information, nor sends any on the Internet.

What is truly starting to bother me is the constant chipping away at personal freedoms, the security theater, the constantly moving goalposts, the contradictions, the decisions that make no sense at all.

They said we could live normally when the majority of the population is vaccinated.

Now, they're reneging on their promise.

At some point, enough is enough. If for the vast majority of people, protection against serious disease hasn't crashed, then it's time to give everyone back their lives.

If you don't like it and are still scared, just stay home.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16937 posts
14525 upvotes
GTA, ON
Poutinesauce wrote: It's not the gesture that bothers me. I agree that the app is well made and saves no information, nor sends any on the Internet.

What is truly starting to bother me is the constant chipping away at personal freedoms, the security theater, the constantly moving goalposts, the contradictions, the decisions that make no sense at all.

They said we could live normally when the majority of the population is vaccinated.

Now, they're reneging on their promise.

At some point, enough is enough. If for the vast majority of people, protection against serious disease hasn't crashed, then it's time to give everyone back their lives.

If you don't like it and are still scared, just stay home.
Or.... just make the anti-vaxxers suck it up and roll up the sleeve and anti-maskers wear the mask. At that point, no more need for the over the top governance.

Although some may say it's still the government, there is the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)