None
[OP]
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2014
405 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto, ON

question about booking a camp site

I'm trying to book a camp site for the holiday coming up and I've noticed that the max no. of people each site is allowed to hold is limited to 6 while my group is composed of 8. Am I allowed to book the site as 6 people and then show up with a group of 8? Would they even care to check? what happens if we get caught by the park warden? Any negative consequences?
9 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13901 posts
8994 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
atomee wrote: I'm trying to book a camp site for the holiday coming up and I've noticed that the max no. of people each site is allowed to hold is limited to 6 while my group is composed of 8. Am I allowed to book the site as 6 people and then show up with a group of 8? Would they even care to check? what happens if we get caught by the park warden? Any negative consequences?
No, they don't really check check. All they do is drive around every few hours to check if you register the campsite ie front post.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1578 upvotes
Most they would check if you have more vehicles than should be there. And even then, if they are all parked, they can prove you are all staying there.

Now if you act like jack asses and create hassle for other campers, then you will for sure be looked at
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25466 posts
4609 upvotes
Which park? Provincial park or private campground?
Dec 22, 2011
326 posts
65 upvotes
Oakville
If you are caught, there is a fine I believe . Just don't draw attention to your group by being loud or rowdy, and dont have more than the allowable tents, trailers, shelters on the site and you should be ok unless someone complains.This is for provincial parks.not sure about private.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2014
405 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shaner wrote: Which park? Provincial park or private campground?
provincial park
[OP]
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2014
405 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ok i think i got my answer. thanks all for your inputs.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2390 posts
606 upvotes
Ontario
You have to register everyone when you enter, the names go on the post where you put the permit, the rangers if they get complaints will look at the permit and ask who is staying on the site. If this happens during the day just tell them the extra ppl are visiting for the day and leaving later. Also remember the can evict you. I've seen this happen. They had the OPP come in and tow the cars since our loud and roudy neighbours were too drunk to drive.
Feb 4, 2012
297 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
The best solution is to book two sites. That solve the people problem and the parking problem.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16315 posts
5069 upvotes
London
Some provincial parks have a "double" camping site available which allows 12 people or 6 tents