Careers

Question about the CA designation - transferrable between provinces?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2006 10:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2470 posts
1415 upvotes

Question about the CA designation - transferrable between provinces?

I've always been curious about this.

Say I'm a student in Ontario who earns his CA designation after writing the UFE (in Ontario). If I were to move to another province (i.e. B.C., Quebec, Alberta etc.), would I still be able to get a CA job in another Canadian province or would I have to take new courses in order to get up to speed with the specific provincial rules/regulations etc.?

In other words, would my CA designation be "valid" in a province other than the one I earned it in?
2 replies
Feb 26, 2005
249 posts
Oakville
you could work in another province - you would likely also apply in the other province to be registered with that provincial institute - i wrote in ontario then a few years later moved to new brunswick and now am back in TO - i'm registered with both provincial institutes - not sure if there's any quirks with quebec though.
winner2000 wrote:I've always been curious about this.

Say I'm a student in Ontario who earns his CA designation after writing the UFE (in Ontario). If I were to move to another province (i.e. B.C., Quebec, Alberta etc.), would I still be able to get a CA job in another Canadian province or would I have to take new courses in order to get up to speed with the specific provincial rules/regulations etc.?

In other words, would my CA designation be "valid" in a province other than the one I earned it in?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1549 posts
269 upvotes
winner2000 wrote:I've always been curious about this.

Last I checked, a CA designation is recognized across Canada, England, and Australia. You can write the reciprocity exam in the US to qualify for the CPA.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)