Automotive

question about collision damage waiver (CDW) and renting a car through hotwire.ca

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2022 4:22 pm
[OP]
Dec 31, 2007
481 posts
137 upvotes

question about collision damage waiver (CDW) and renting a car through hotwire.ca

hello rfd, i'm planning a trip to vancouver later in june for a week and i was planning to drive along the coast and cities. the best deals i could find was through hotwire.

just wondering if anyone had experience with renting a car through hotwire. i went through the checkout and the rental company was hertz. and i declined the CDW to allow my CC to cover the CDW, and paid for the rental.

my CC is a BMO world elite mastercard. i did check the terms for car rental insurance and basically had a number of stipulations; under 65k value of vehicle, cannot rental for more than say 30 days, must decline CDW at the time of booking, etc. before i rented the car through hotwire, i did call BMO MC client service and after 90 minute wait they said as long as it is through a rental agency it will be covered. when i asked about hotwire, they put me on hold and i eventually got disconnected.

not wanting to go through another 2 hr wait, anyone rented a car through hotwire before and declined the CDW? thoughts and advice would be nice. thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)