Home & Garden

question about the curb box in the city of toronto

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 8:24 pm
May 31, 2017
1 posts

question about the curb box in the city of toronto

i was talking to a professional at a home garden centre about planting a tree. he told me that the curb box is sort of dividing point. the city of Toronto can do whatever outside of the curb box point, is that true? if i plant a tree that i wanted, can the city demand to remove it?
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
9356 posts
2211 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
A lot of cities will plant a tree on your boulevard for no cost. Check to see if you can request a tree. The boulevard is considered city owned in most places. Would the city do anything if you planted one there? Probably depends on the tree. If you are planting a native tree, then it should be fine. Some cities won't plant on the boulevard, so best to double check, but a city like Toronto probably would since they have limited green space to work with.
Feb 28, 2018
186 posts
125 upvotes
Waterloo region
chendongtom wrote: i was talking to a professional at a home garden centre about planting a tree. he told me that the curb box is sort of dividing point. the city of Toronto can do whatever outside of the curb box point, is that true? if i plant a tree that i wanted, can the city demand to remove it?

Yes the water valve box is usually on the property line...or pretty close

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)