Question about Dual Monitor hub

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 10:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes

Question about Dual Monitor hub

I have a dual 4k hdmi hub by Anker that I bought to connect two new monitors for WFH. However, I noticed that when I close my laptop lid and it goes to sleep, after when I turn it back on, the monitors can't detect the signal again. I have to unplug the hub and plug it back in for it to work again. I don't want to have to do that every time. I contacted them and they told me to go to device manager and USB root and uncheck a box under power management. But it didn't work.
https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-PowerExpand ... 16&sr=8-11

Any suggestions would be appreciated or even if you could recommend a hub that you use that doesn't have this issue

TIA
2 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3149 posts
1333 upvotes
Windsor
champ91 wrote: I have a dual 4k hdmi hub by Anker that I bought to connect two new monitors for WFH. However, I noticed that when I close my laptop lid and it goes to sleep, after when I turn it back on, the monitors can't detect the signal again. I have to unplug the hub and plug it back in for it to work again. I don't want to have to do that every time. I contacted them and they told me to go to device manager and USB root and uncheck a box under power management. But it didn't work.
https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-PowerExpand ... 16&sr=8-11

Any suggestions would be appreciated or even if you could recommend a hub that you use that doesn't have this issue

TIA
What laptop do you have? Might consider updating drivers. I have the Anker hub you speak of, attached to an older Surface Book, and it does not have this issue you speak of.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
ChubChub wrote: What laptop do you have? Might consider updating drivers. I have the Anker hub you speak of, attached to an older Surface Book, and it does not have this issue you speak of.
Lg gram. Hmm I'll see if there are any driver updates

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)