None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5496 posts
4838 upvotes
Hamilton, ON

Question about Mappins Jewellers return policy

Hi there! I hope this is in the right forum. My question is about mappins return policy. I bought an engagement ring spent like $3000 on it and she left me, so I was just wondering if anyone knew if I can return or exchange the ring at mappins. I bought the ring about 9 months ago, I want to get rid of it!!!! Any insight would be appreciated immensely!!
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7651 posts
1133 upvotes
GTA
I'm not sure about Mappins specifically, but most mall jewelery stores have a limited return policy and I think 9 months would be well past the time allowed to return something. It doesn't hurt to ask though. If the ring was sized, that may have voided a return even during the time that a return was allowed. You can give them a call and the worst that they can say is no. Good luck :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5496 posts
4838 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
thank you very much. I guess I'll call them. Anybody know if places like Oliver jewellry in toronto is worth check out? I think that the appraisal certificate that came with it is around $4000 give or take a couple hundred. Thanks again for the help folks. This whole thing is turning pretty bitter (after 8 years!) I'm pretty stressed out and just want to unload this thing. I can't believe she left me!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7651 posts
1133 upvotes
GTA
In most cases, the appraisal certificate that came with it isn't something that can be used as a real value. They are generally quite inflated and not reflective of what you paid for an item or what the item is actually worth.

Oliver (if you're thinking of the same one - that advertises on TV a lot?) runs a pawn shop so I would guess you wouldn't get too much from there. I'm sorry about the situation you're in. It is often hard to sell jewelry second hand, but it is worth a try. I'm thinking Mappins won't likely take it back, but go in first and see what they can do.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5496 posts
4838 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
thankee i'll check it all out, I appreciate the replies, you rock!!! and it's not just the heineken talkin'! :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)