Students

Question about OSAP

[OP]
Jul 24, 2018
369 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto

Question about OSAP

I registered at the college and asked for an OSAP grant only. 1 term is around $2500 but osap covered only $1600. They asked me to pay $900. It's only a 2 semester program. I wonder, is this normal? Osap not supposed to cover all tuition fees?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2302 posts
1533 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
SeyitA35523 wrote: I registered at the college and asked for an OSAP grant only. 1 term is around $2500 but osap covered only $1600. They asked me to pay $900. It's only a 2 semester program. I wonder, is this normal? Osap not supposed to cover all tuition fees?
The bolded part is your answer. You could have applied for the full amount, divided between a grant and a student loan.
“Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
[OP]
Jul 24, 2018
369 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
rcmpvet wrote: The bolded part is your answer. You could have applied for the full amount, divided between a grant and a student loan.
yeah I dunno the process.

I don't want to pay back anything about my expense. However, I tho grant covers all tution fees. I think that's not correct!
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1239 posts
706 upvotes
Ripley
Grants don't cover all of tuition. The amount you get from Osap is based on your income (and a spouse/parents depending on your situation).
Sep 18, 2021
3 posts
Gta
For OSAP, students only have to report their parent's income for the first six years after high school. After that it is only the student's income that OSAP makes their decision on. As well OSAP usually only covers the first 5 years of a program.