Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 28, 2014
78 posts
11 upvotes
Victoria, BC

Question about the Partner Offers

Hi, i'm new to this shop the block promotion and i had a question.

I realize that you have to use 3, 5 or 7 different offers from the partner offers page and i think i fulfilled at least 5 so far...but i wanted to be make sure it wasn't too good to be true.

For example, there's one for Hudson's Bay and all you have to do is link your card to convert your bay points to airmiles points. I did that and it seemed pretty simple..was that all i had to do for 1 offer?

Or there's another one to link your samsung pay account with your airmiles number for the first time...that seemed pretty easy too..

Do those actually count as 2 offers used?
Share:
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2067 upvotes
mdb1983 wrote: Hi, i'm new to this shop the block promotion and i had a question.

I realize that you have to use 3, 5 or 7 different offers from the partner offers page and i think i fulfilled at least 5 so far...but i wanted to be make sure it wasn't too good to be true.

For example, there's one for Hudson's Bay and all you have to do is link your card to convert your bay points to airmiles points. I did that and it seemed pretty simple..was that all i had to do for 1 offer?

Or there's another one to link your samsung pay account with your airmiles number for the first time...that seemed pretty easy too..

Do those actually count as 2 offers used?
Correct. Most of us here did these 2 last year so we can't do them again. That's why you don't see much talk about them. Another easy one is Rewarding your Opinions survey. Again, we all did that one on the first STB so we can't do it no more
[OP]
Dec 28, 2014
78 posts
11 upvotes
Victoria, BC
mkl38s wrote: Correct. Most of us here did these 2 last year so we can't do them again. That's why you don't see much talk about them. Another easy one is Rewarding your Opinions survey. Again, we all did that one on the first STB so we can't do it no more
oh thanks, i'm glad it was that easy then lol. i actually did the reward for opinions survey too and that seemed simple..i'm actually gonna do it daily now cause you can earn easy airmiles points and at least that doesn't end. so i fulfilled those 3 easy ones then.

thanks for the help!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1207 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa
mdb1983 wrote: Do those actually count as 2 offers used?
To be pedantic, it's 3, 5, or 7 _partners_ not offers. So for example you can't do both Shell offers (gas and convenience store) and have it count as "2" towards STB.

Probably obvious but wanted to make sure you were aware.

BTW, is there a way to re-do the Hudson's Bay and Samsung offers in a later year? I did them last year (as mentioned earlier) but what if I disable that feature at HB? Could I do it again? I assume not.

=aw
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11125 posts
8339 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
aw1883 wrote:
To be pedantic, it's 3, 5, or 7 _partners_ not offers. So for example you can't do both Shell offers (gas and convenience store) and have it count as "2" towards STB.

BTW, is there a way to re-do the Hudson's Bay and Samsung offers in a later year? I did them last year (as mentioned earlier) but what if I disable that feature at HB? Could I do it again? I assume not.

=aw
Good catch

The rest of your post / Question should have been addressed in the designated HBC Thread
Where a lot of this has already been covered

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/national ... h-2328722/
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1207 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for the link, found the answer to my question in post #9. (The answer was "no").

=aw
[OP]
Dec 28, 2014
78 posts
11 upvotes
Victoria, BC
aw1883 wrote: To be pedantic, it's 3, 5, or 7 _partners_ not offers. So for example you can't do both Shell offers (gas and convenience store) and have it count as "2" towards STB.

thanks, i kinda knew that since they said 7 different partners so i had to use various ones to get to that 7. sucks i missed last year when you could have got 2000 but then again the offers weren't as good last year as it was easier for me this year

=aw
Nov 30, 2019
1 posts
Hi All,

Has anyone had prior experience particularly with the airmilesshops click through? I just ran an over $100 purchase (pre-tax etc..) -- Safely met that dollar criteria. My question is, have others in past received the proper account airmile credits? I know that airmilesshops does a hand-shake off to the vendor website, just not sure how one can confirm that there was a valid transfer and maintaining of the hand-off. I realize the URL (after log-in with aimilesshops.ca) redirects to the vendor website, and appends a "&tag=yourshops-20 to the URL of the address bar. From there it becomes obscured / erased through the URL thereafter.

So, in essence, have any of you posters on this forum, properly been credited by AM for the regular and bonus miles a) in general, b) during prior years' ShopTheBlock promotions c) other times? Thanks in advance. Appreciate any inputs ;)
Jun 17, 2018
38 posts
26 upvotes
gr8pix wrote: Hi All,

Has anyone had prior experience particularly with the airmilesshops click through? I just ran an over $100 purchase (pre-tax etc..) -- Safely met that dollar criteria. My question is, have others in past received the proper account airmile credits? I know that airmilesshops does a hand-shake off to the vendor website, just not sure how one can confirm that there was a valid transfer and maintaining of the hand-off. I realize the URL (after log-in with aimilesshops.ca) redirects to the vendor website, and appends a "&tag=yourshops-20 to the URL of the address bar. From there it becomes obscured / erased through the URL thereafter.

So, in essence, have any of you posters on this forum, properly been credited by AM for the regular and bonus miles a) in general, b) during prior years' ShopTheBlock promotions c) other times? Thanks in advance. Appreciate any inputs ;)
I find it hit or miss (mostly miss). I didn’t receive miles for a $400 amazon purchase I made in the summer but it was just for 50 bonus and base miles. I have also done a purchase and screen shotted the entire process to be safe, will probably have to contact in February when they don’t show.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11125 posts
8339 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
gr8pix wrote: Hi All,

Hi @gr8pix

I see you are new to RFD, so welcome.
And also to the AIRMILES SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 SUB FORUM

This Forum is meant to operate like the HOT DEALS FORUM
Where there are threads for each hot deal ... although in this case, it’s designed to be one thread per STB 2019 Offer

For more info on how the SUB FORUM is structured, see the STICKIES at the top of the STB 2019 SUB FORUM Directory
2019-air-miles-mega-miles-f202/

In particular as a Newbie, you’ll want to read the one entitled
!! START HERE - SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 - Event Information
c-ae-start-here-shop-block-2019-event-i ... n-2328696/

Anyhow... your Question directly relates to the STB 2019 AIRMILES SHOPS.CA Offer ... so that’s where I am relocating your Question to as it’s a popular offer, so there’s a designated thread for it
That thread has a lot of great info about AMShops so worth a full read thru
national-airmilesshops-ca-50-bams-wus-1 ... h-2330709/

Also relocating the related reply to your Question by @NvlizzyN813

Being in the right spot also means your Question will be seen by more RFDers doing that Offer / Challenge and they’ll be eager to share their experiences with you

Cheers!

PointsHubby
STB 2019 Sub Forum Host
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11125 posts
8339 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Hi Everyone,

I am closing this thread, as there are other threads in the STICKIES section of this STB 2019 SUB FORUM that serve the same purpose

!! START HERE - SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 - Event Information
Thread for a general overview of the event & how it works
c-ae-start-here-shop-block-2019-event-i ... n-2328696/

Everyone should read that one for sure

And the
STB 2019 - DEPARTURE LOUNGE (a place to check in & hang out with other RFDers doing STB 2019)
Designed for general chit chat on what offers you are doing etc.
stb-2019-departure-lounge-place-check-h ... 9-2328695/

The overall idea being to keep the threads list mainly focussed on actual STB 2019 OFFERS so folks can easily find the ones they are most interested in talking about (much like how the HOT DEALS FORUM works)

Thanks,

PointsHubby
STB 2019 Sub Forum Host