• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 8:28 am
[OP]
Jun 5, 2010
218 posts
133 upvotes
Ajax

Question about paypal kijiji (scam?)

Hey everyone. I'm trying to sell my Samsung Galaxy s20 brand new in box and I got an offer that's actually $60 over what I put on my ad which seems kind of weird.

I'm really apprehensive about anything except cash through kijiji. Should I be hesitant with cashless? What's safe and what's not? Is there a faq for these types of transfers?

Here's how the conversation went:

Him: How long have you owned it and What is your best price ? Samsung S20 128GB Cosmic Grey (Telus) BNIB

Me: My best price? It's brand new.

Him: That's great, I will offer you the sum of $1,160 for the item and shipment via Canada post, kindly send me your full name and PayPal email address for the payment now
8 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21744 posts
24891 upvotes
Toronto
PayPal usually sides with the buyer. he'll claim he never got it. your money goes back to him. you lose the phone. don't do it.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3301 posts
1638 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Scam Scam Scam Scam SCAMMMMMM

I had similar instance happen to me when I was selling my phone, and as the other poster mentioned, I asked the buyer to send me E-Transfer first and then I'll gladly ship. No. Response. Ever.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13776 posts
8811 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Sell your phone on RFD.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3301 posts
1638 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Sell your phone on RFD.
Yea do the above. You probably won't be scammed like on Kijiji just lowballed. LOL
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2273 posts
198 upvotes
can smell this scam from a mile away. stay away OP
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2366 posts
570 upvotes
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Even with a tracking number?
tracking # will protect you from saying he never got it
but he can say he got the wrong product (unless you perhaps make a video of packing it and shipping it to proof to ebay)
or it could just be a fake paypal email (double check funds came in) or paid with a stolen credit card
also i dont think canada posts covers you for items over $1000
i just woudn't do it
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/