None
[OP]
Nov 5, 2009
806 posts
115 upvotes
Montreal

Question about price matching.

I hope I'm posting in the right place.

My question is whether FS, BB, Staples or any of the companies that offer PM can choose to refuse to PM if you bought the item from them or you're about to.

Thanks for your input.

J
5 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21669 posts
2438 upvotes
Intelligence is overrated? Try a search.
May 27, 2007
15718 posts
3190 upvotes
Toronto
redflag5050 wrote: I hope I'm posting in the right place.

My question is whether FS, BB, Staples or any of the companies that offer PM can choose to refuse to PM if you bought the item from them or you're about to.

Thanks for your input.

J

im not really getting what you're trying to say here...
do you mean you bought the item already, then the price dropped and you're trying to get the difference back? if so - that's called a price adjustment and its usually within 14 days.
The new (lower) price must be at the same store you purchased it from in order to get the difference refunded.

otherwise - yes they can refuse to Price Match for various reasons (IE: shipping costs/limited time offer etc).
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
[OP]
Nov 5, 2009
806 posts
115 upvotes
Montreal
AcidBomber wrote: im not really getting what you're trying to say here...
do you mean you bought the item already, then the price dropped and you're trying to get the difference back? if so - that's called a price adjustment and its usually within 14 days.
The new (lower) price must be at the same store you purchased it from in order to get the difference refunded.

otherwise - yes they can refuse to Price Match for various reasons (IE: shipping costs/limited time offer etc).
Thank you Acidbomber for a most helpful answer, one that was without unnecessary comments.

I asked a question and you gave me a helpful answer unlike the other 2 unhelpful and insulting responders, one of whom actually has a couple of items for sale and who's response started with "Intelligence is overrated?"
Yeah, I'll be in touch with you real sooooooon to buy your crap.

Out.

J
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21669 posts
2438 upvotes
redflag5050 wrote: Thank you Acidbomber for a most helpful answer, one that was without unnecessary comments.

I asked a question and you gave me a helpful answer unlike the other 2 unhelpful and insulting responders, one of whom actually has a couple of items for sale and who's response started with "Intelligence is overrated?"
Yeah, I'll be in touch with you real sooooooon to buy your crap.

Out.

J
You weren't going to anyways, doesn't make a difference to me.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
2225 posts
1430 upvotes
those big box stores will try their best to refuse your pm. Unless it's a legitimate reason as to why they're refusing (like the above user stated, limited time, out of stock, VIP etc) do not fall for it.

Persistence is the only way to win a PM-ing challenge with best buy, staples and future shop.

Wal-mart isn't too bad, i haven't encountered any problems there..as of yet
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." :-0