Personal Finance

Question: Can I Split direct deposits from Government of Canada to different accounts?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2020 9:25 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1090 upvotes
Mississauga

Question: Can I Split direct deposits from Government of Canada to different accounts?

I posted this about the Tangerine $200 promo in the Hot deals section and then posted this question as well but got no response, so I thought I might as well post a dedicated thread about this here.
Basically my wife gets her maternity leave payments from Service Canada and Child Care tax benefits from CRA. They both use the same DD info. I was wondering if it's possible to have the Service Canada payments go to a different bank (Tangerine) in this case. She's got multiple debits coming out from her TD account and we don't want to mess with those, but still want to take advantage of the Tangerine $200 promo.

Does anyone know of it is possible to get those two agencies to use 2 different direct deposit info?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1439 posts
790 upvotes
You'd have to ask them

That said, my employer gives us to option to split our pay between different accounts
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1090 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the feedback, we just went ahead and changed the service Canada deposit profile. Let's see how that pans out.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8525 posts
2307 upvotes
Mississauga
Gangsta101 wrote: Thanks for the feedback, we just went ahead and changed the service Canada deposit profile. Let's see how that pans out.
Hopefully it goes well. I would of left it alone. Keep us posted.