• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 1:16 pm
[OP]
Feb 18, 2012
884 posts
522 upvotes
Victoria

Question on Company discounts and dealer/salesperson markup

So if the company is offering discounts does this change dealer/salesperson margins, can you still negotiate further?
Ie, Ford is offering around $6k in discounts on Mustangs right now, Is the dealer/salesperson still working with the same margins and whats the likelihood of getting further discount?
Thanks
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6557 posts
4092 upvotes
Toronto
When I purchased my corolla last fall, sales guy stated he only makes $100. Do you believe him?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5405 posts
5710 upvotes
Richmond Hill
peteryorkuca wrote: When I purchased my corolla last fall, sales guy stated he only makes $100. Do you believe him?
Yeah, I could believe that he personally only made $100 on that sale (disregarding possible volume bonuses).
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12343 posts
4853 upvotes
Toronto
To OP, yes, you can still negotiate further after the manufacture or corporate discount.
it really depends how selling is the car.
For cars that sell like hot cakes and low in supply, there will be less room to nego.

Yes, they get bonus.
For example, they can only make $100 by selling you that car, but once they reach a certain number of sales, they will get an huge bonus.
At the end of the day, I don't care if he makes 1k off me or $100, aslong as I find the deal is good, I take it.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)