Off Topic Archive

Locked: Question for the Foosball/Jitz Owners Out There...

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2006 11:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 11, 2005
752 posts
17 upvotes
Markham

Question for the Foosball/Jitz Owners Out There...

Hey, I've recently bought my foosball table and have been loving it...

But after some hardcore usage, the rods have become "non-slippery".

I know you need some sort of silicone lubrication to squirt on the rods, and was wondering how you guys lubed you tables? And is there an alternate way to lube it?

And if you know... where in Markham can you find silicone lube?
Share:
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
1359 posts
12 upvotes
use WD-40, they do that in many arcades
[OP]
May 11, 2005
752 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
i've read on different sites saying specifically not to use WD-40 cause it corrodes the plastic joints, but thanks for the input
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6754 posts
1374 upvotes
T dot 6
I bought jitz spray at Dufferin Games in Fairview Mall a few years ago for our work table. It was great stuff, but it was expensive and I had to use it often.

I think Dufferin Games is called something else now, but worth calling to find out.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
1359 posts
12 upvotes
thats why u spray it on the metal parts only :lol: dont miss
buddhaboy12 wrote:i've read on different sites saying specifically not to use WD-40 cause it corrodes the plastic joints, but thanks for the input
Mar 27, 2005
182 posts
1 upvote
d0fuz wrote:thats why u spray it on the metal parts only :lol: dont miss
But the metal rods are held in place by plastic bushings.

Best thing to use is a silicone lube spray available at [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink] or Home Depot. I hear Pledge furniture polish works too without harming the plastic parts.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
3914 posts
1 upvote
Had our foosball table at work for about 9 years now, and we use WD-40. Works great! The trick is to spray the WD-40 onto a rag, and wipe it along the rods. This way, you won't have to worry about excessive WD-40 dripping onto the plastic or the table itself.
My DVDs for sale

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip! I want you to put the chicken fingers down!"

U2 360 Tour in Vancouver, 2 Tickets for sale http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pair ... -a-805801/
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1234 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
Patty wrote:But the metal rods are held in place by plastic bushings.

Best thing to use is a silicone lube spray available at [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink] or Home Depot. I hear Pledge furniture polish works too without harming the plastic parts.
The silicone lube spray is on sale at C@nadian Tire for 50% off! So, it's $2.49 for a 300g aerosol can. I'd say that's a certified great deal!
[OP]
May 11, 2005
752 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
Wow, [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink] sounds great! i think i'll go check it out tomorrow...

Thanks
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12630 posts
835 upvotes
Jaytee wrote:I bought jitz spray at Dufferin Games in Fairview Mall a few years ago for our work table. It was great stuff, but it was expensive and I had to use it often.

I think Dufferin Games is called something else now, but worth calling to find out.
i think its called sky games or something now... last time i went it was a dollar a game. too rich for my blood
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Oct 2, 2005
352 posts
1 upvote
any more than 50c for a game is a rip... call me cheap but unless it has more than 9 balls, i aint paying sh[t. well ill pay once, good thing im good, cause after the first game, im not getting off!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7839 posts
251 upvotes
the table in our homeroom in eng had the same issue. We had a really smart guy maintaining the table though. I seem to remember him using everything from a fine layer of dish soap to vegetable oil in his quest for smooth foosball play.
Apr 20, 2003
631 posts
15 upvotes
Rometiklan wrote:Had our foosball table at work for about 9 years now, and we use WD-40. Works great! The trick is to spray the WD-40 onto a rag, and wipe it along the rods. This way, you won't have to worry about excessive WD-40 dripping onto the plastic or the table itself.
i second that
Mar 27, 2005
182 posts
1 upvote
I think the reason they say not to use WD40 is because petroleum based products will tend to break down the plastic. I guess it's similar to why you're not supposed to use petroleum based lubricants with condoms. ;)
Oct 2, 2005
352 posts
1 upvote
wd40 always worked for me.