• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2018 11:50 am
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
406 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary

question for Mazda navigation sd card

Anyone bought mazda this year, does the dealer charge extra money for the navigation sd card? Saw in the US forum, some people buy it from ebay and much cheaper.
The dealer didn't mention that to me.

thanks
37 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA
moonj86 wrote: Anyone bought mazda this year, does the dealer charge extra money for the navigation sd card? Saw in the US forum, some people buy it from ebay and much cheaper.
The dealer didn't mention that to me.

thanks
@icha82 bought one from ebay yesterday
icha82 wrote: Thanks! Bought a navigation SD Card for my new Mazda Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
406 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
tk1000 wrote: @icha82 bought one from ebay yesterday
Actually called the dealer, she said with GT it comes with the sd card, I can't get credit if I don't want it.
Is that true? Anyone knows?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA
moonj86 wrote: Actually called the dealer, she said with GT it comes with the sd card, I can't get credit if I don't want it.
@Jeff-TheBiz should know, he works at 'Mazda of Toronto' and answers Mazda related questions in the 'Mazda questions and answers' thread
Jul 12, 2015
49 posts
10 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
moonj86 wrote: I guess I can ask credit if I don't want the sd card? Will pick up my car tomorrow.
I bought the 2017 CX-9 a month ago. The dealer was charging me over $400.00 for a navigation sd card (what a ripoff!)
And I knew I could get it way much cheaper from Amazon or ebay as one of my friends already bought.
He said it works totally fine without any issue, so I bought it from ebay when there was a $15 off coupon yesterday Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Total came to $98.00 CAD all-in.

Here is the one I ordered:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/222620321892
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
406 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
icha82 wrote: I bought the 2017 CX-9 a month ago. The dealer was charging me over $400.00 for a navigation sd card (what a ripoff!)
And I knew I could get it way much cheaper from Amazon or ebay as one of my friends already bought.
He said it works totally fine without any issue, so I bought it from ebay when there was a $15 off coupon yesterday Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Total came to $98.00 CAD all-in.

Here is the one I ordered:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/222620321892
Thanks
The dealer didn't mention that, your car not come with the sd card originally? I just called they said the GT come with it?
Jul 12, 2015
49 posts
10 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I bought the GS-L model, not the GT which is pretty much all equipped. The SD Card is optional for my model.
Oct 26, 2009
852 posts
362 upvotes
Navigation is not standard on the GT model (at least for the Mazda 3) unless you go for the Premium Package. You can buy it as an add-on accessory for 4-500 bucks but sometimes Mazda has promos and you can get the SD card for free.
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
614 posts
239 upvotes
Westmount, QC
moonj86 wrote: Actually called the dealer, she said with GT it comes with the sd card, I can't get credit if I don't want it.
Only with luxury package

Previous year models of the GT came with it but then they lowered the price and removed items previously standard on GT (e.g. Bose stereo, active display, advanced keyless entry) and put it in the luxury package instead
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
406 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
MrWhiteCoffee wrote: Only with luxury package

Previous year models of the GT came with it but then they lowered the price and removed items previously standard on GT (e.g. Bose stereo, active display, advanced keyless entry) and put it in the luxury package instead
the 17 cx5-gt, I checked mazda.ca the nav option is not in the accessories, so I guess it's in it already.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1086 posts
978 upvotes
Calgary
Keep your dealer supplied receipt!

I had to buy buy TWO of these SD cards, the first one wasn't being recognized by the car after 3 months and Mazda wiped their hands because I had no receipt.. Got it with the car new.

Bought a second one for nearly $400.. It's been good since.

This was nearly two years ago, Navteq couldn't figure out what was going on, Mazda Canada couldn't figure it out, nor could 3 different dealers. So guess who paid in the end..
Mar 18, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
ottawa
I'm looking at the cx-9 GSL (likely 2017). Can I ask what you guys recently paid for yours?
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
614 posts
239 upvotes
Westmount, QC
scarlett85 wrote: I'm looking at the cx-9 GSL (likely 2017). Can I ask what you guys recently paid for yours?
You can get it $100 on eBay shipped