Automotive

question for Mazda navigation sd card

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2018 11:50 am
Oct 26, 2009
852 posts
362 upvotes
flyingnurse wrote: Ok thanks, does it however change the route if it detects changes or traffic up ahead?
The factory nav uses historical traffic data when calculating routes. It does not re-route you based on current traffic conditions
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1990 posts
750 upvotes
Brampton, ON
lordnikon wrote: The factory nav uses historical traffic data when calculating routes. It does not re-route you based on current traffic conditions
Thanks, I guess I stick to waze then
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2392 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lordnikon wrote: The factory nav uses historical traffic data when calculating routes. It does not re-route you based on current traffic conditions
Mazda says it can use HDRadio traffic data, but I never figured out how to set it up. HD Radio costs money obviously.
Oct 26, 2009
852 posts
362 upvotes
canoek wrote: Mazda says it can use HDRadio traffic data, but I never figured out how to set it up. HD Radio costs money obviously.
I'm curious as well. I recently updated the Nav maps but some are the road names are still incorrect. Sometimes it directs me to take an overly complicated route. Makes no sense
Oct 8, 2010
3 posts
3 upvotes
Hi guys

Has anyone ever had the Mazda SD card they bought online from eBay fail after a few months. My daughter bought one (BHP1 66 EZ1E) for her 2017 Mazda3 off an eBay seller a few months ago for about $100 CAD . She loved it and used it everyday. But after a few months it just stopped working. My brother in law said that it might be that they are only work for a few months and by then it is too late to return it or do anything noteworthy about it. When I contact the eBay seller directly; he invited me to purchase another one at a small discount. Which I am not going to do. My daughter does want a working card so she may end up buying another one. But I am not sure what to tell her. Are all the ones on eBay or Amazon going to give her the same problems a few months down the road? How long has your SD card (bought online) been working?
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
428 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary
vhscollector wrote: Hi guys

Has anyone ever had the Mazda SD card they bought online from eBay fail after a few months. My daughter bought one (BHP1 66 EZ1E) for her 2017 Mazda3 off an eBay seller a few months ago for about $100 CAD . She loved it and used it everyday. But after a few months it just stopped working. My brother in law said that it might be that they are only work for a few months and by then it is too late to return it or do anything noteworthy about it. When I contact the eBay seller directly; he invited me to purchase another one at a small discount. Which I am not going to do. My daughter does want a working card so she may end up buying another one. But I am not sure what to tell her. Are all the ones on eBay or Amazon going to give her the same problems a few months down the road? How long has your SD card (bought online) been working?
Fail you mean it's not showing the map or can't do update? I just bought one and haven't tried in the car.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5006 posts
2192 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Just wondering, are these SD cards copy protected? It would seem to be.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Oct 8, 2010
3 posts
3 upvotes
It's not showing the map. It's almost as if the card is not in the slot but it is.